WWOS MOLE Luke Thompson (St Helens)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What happened to Savelio?
He copped a season ending injury last season, may have been an ACL so never really got a real shot at making it. Went back to the SL to play for Hull FC

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scuttlebutt last night was that Jimmy was telephoned by Thompson to ask about our club. Apparently Jimmy gave us the thumbs up...
Not sure if this is actually true but the optimist in me hopes it is. English forwards are having a great impact and don’t cost too much

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Scuttlebutt last night was that Jimmy was telephoned by Thompson to ask about our club. Apparently Jimmy gave us the thumbs up...
I don't know the validity of that but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Despite being made to leave when he didn't want to, he handled the situation like a true professional and didn't harbour any ill will towards the club.

I think Jammer was smart enough to realise all of the politics going on at the time and he was a victim of circumstance.

He'll be a Bulldog for life and I'd love to see him involved with the club when he retires. The fact that he would recommend the club to people after the way he left proves what a good person he is.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know the validity of that but it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Despite being made to leave when he didn't want to, he handled the situation like a true professional and didn't harbour any ill will towards the club.

I think Jammer was smart enough to realise all of the politics going on at the time and he was a victim of circumstance.

He'll be a Bulldog for life and I'd love to see him involved with the club when he retires. The fact that he would recommend the club to people after the way he left proves what a good person he is.

we dont know if thats a fact though

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
we dont know if thats a fact though
No. I acknowledged that in the beginning but contradicted myself by saying "fact" later. Haha. Like I said though, it wouldn't surprise me considering how highly he still speaks of the club.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We need to make things right and get him involved in the club when he retires. Start him as SG Ball coach or something

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If we can get Thompson and a hooker for next season and then chase one of the high profile centre's off contract at the end of 2020 we will be in great shape to seriously challenge in 2021.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If we can get Thompson and a hooker for next season and then chase one of the high profile centre's off contract at the end of 2020 we will be in great shape to seriously challenge in 2021.
If we got Thompson, Roache and Staggs it would cover all three and you could probably get them all for a very reasonable price relative to what other off contract players will get.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any idea if the club gave him a timeframe to make his decision?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Any idea if the club gave him a timeframe to make his decision?

Nothing mentioned about that, just that it was reported that when Jimmy had spoken to him he asked about the Dogs and the club in general.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like he was flirting with you! Haha

Nah, hopefully it means it's in the works. I just hope they get it done before everyone else swoops in at the death like always.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just for the record, I mentioned the rumour floating around about us getting Luke Thompson to a Bulldogs director over the weekend.

The response: "You're very cheeky"

Anyone want to interpret what this response might mean?
You're in !!!! Next step dinner, a date, then second base :D

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like he was flirting with you! Haha

Nah, hopefully it means it's in the works. I just hope they get it done before everyone else swoops in at the death like always.
We really need some good news don’t we