Lewis on Triple M

Cosmo Kramer

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just listened to Lachlan Lewis being interviewed on Triple M around half an hour ago. Here’s a summary:

• Sustained a bicep injury last week – probably as a result of his battle with Burgess. He said, “thanks Sammy, you big bugger!” Will probably take a few months to heal.

• Spoke about our young guys (Meaney, Smith, Okunbor); noted how young they are, how well they’re progressing and how they have so much more development ahead of them, which is only a good thing. Said “Meaney played with 10 stitches in his finger, the maniac”. Lol.

• Wendell Sailor mentioned that Sam Burgess last week said Lachie is good looking, and Sailor then said that sometimes he sees Lewis on the field and thinks, “Gee he should be on Home and Away or something”. Lewis laughed and then said to Sailor, “You’re a bone head!”.

• Was asked about his new baby on the way – to be born in three weeks from now, mid-May I suppose. It’ll be a girl. Was then asked about the baby clothing business he runs with his wife; said they started it on a $500 credit card and a laptop in their one-bedroom apartment.

• He studied engineering for 3 years at university, but couldn't continue when he came to Sydney as no Uni could accommodate for his full-time training schedule; the course is too hands to facilitate that.

• Mentioned how he reads a lot of finance books, personal finance, personal development etc. Said a few of the guys in the team do as well. Noted it's important for one to know how to manage one's money.

Lachie speaks differently than other players in interviews. A bit more honest and always laughing, happy-go-lucky sort of type by the sounds of it. But he’s also clearly very laid back.

Anyway, that’s about it!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea, he is very cocky and confident weather we winning or not.. it’s awesome to have his nature around our team!! He adds confidence I believe.
And as always.. you just have to love that smile lol. It’s priceless.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just listened to Lachlan Lewis being interviewed on Triple M around half an hour ago. Here’s a summary:

• Sustained a bicep injury last week – probably as a result of his battle with Burgess. He said, “thanks Sammy, you big bugger!” Will probably take a few months to heal.

• Spoke about our young guys (Meaney, Smith, Okunbor); noted how young they are, how well they’re progressing and how they have so much more development ahead of them, which is only a good thing. Said “Meaney played with 10 stitches in his finger, the maniac”. Lol.

• Wendell Sailor mentioned that Sam Burgess last week said Lachie is good looking, and Sailor then said that sometimes he sees Lewis on the field and thinks, “Gee he should be on Home and Away or something”. Lewis laughed and then said to Sailor, “You’re a bone head!”.

• Was asked about his new baby on the way – to be born in three weeks from now, mid-May I suppose. It’ll be a girl. Was then asked about the baby clothing business he runs with his wife; said they started it on a $500 credit card and a laptop in their one-bedroom apartment.

• He studied engineering for 3 years at university, but couldn't continue when he came to Sydney as no Uni could accommodate for his full-time training schedule; the course is too hands to facilitate that.

• Mentioned how he reads a lot of finance books, personal finance, personal development etc. Said a few of the guys in the team do as well. Noted it's important for one to know how to manage one's money.

Lachie speaks differently than other players in interviews. A bit more honest and always laughing, happy-go-lucky sort of type by the sounds of it. But he’s also clearly very laid back.

Anyway, that’s about it!
He is a bloke you want around a team. Someone can be personally brilliant but bring down the average of everyone else by being a bad influence, and others can be personally average and bring up the average of everyone else by being a good inspiration.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There's seems to be an anti-Lewis group of people on TK which I don't understand. Considering where we are and where we are coming from I would have thought that any half decent prospect and happy player would be a good thing? I enjoyed the interview and was far superior to some meat head throwing out clichés and wasting my time. Seems I'm in the minority on this one.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
There's seems to be an anti-Lewis group of people on TK which I don't understand. Considering where we are and where we are coming from I would have thought that any half decent prospect and happy player would be a good thing? I enjoyed the interview and was far superior to some meat head throwing out clichés and wasting my time. Seems I'm in the minority on this one.
I’m with ya then lol, nothing wrong with being the minority...!!

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
its good to see a player that doesnt just give an automated response and actually is a genuine bloke. Would rather have someone who is over confident in his own ability than someone who doubts themselves. His personality seems like it would give the other players around him a lot more confidence so it can only be a good thing

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s only doing what his NRL contract requires. What our club NRL licence requires. Did the full recovery session today, missed nothing.

Go Dogs
16 other players that could do interviews

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn’t this how mybe started - I just hope his mind is else where with the baby due

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Studied engineering, knew i liked him for a reason lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree. I'm not going to burn him at the stake but he's starting to lose me, TBH.
yep, mbye turned me off in a similar fashion.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis and Moses Mbye both have aliterate names, but that's where the similarities end.

Lachlan puts in effort, looks for solutions, is honest with himself. With these traits he will surely only get better as time goes by.

He'll be an origin player in the near future

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hes doing ok mixed bag this year .. we need to do better on 5th tackles.. Him and the spine need to work on it..