Where does Lewis Belong ?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone gotta point it out. Doesn't need to set the world on fire week in week out. I'm with certifiedG that Lewis basic skills are lacking of late, especially passing tonight. We all hammer the fuck out of Lichaa for his service... fair is fair.
Oh fuck me don’t even compare Lewis to lichaa that’s just fucking absurd

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dunno mate... Your guess is as good as mine. Might as well call him JT and send him North with these critics.
Pretty harsh call mate, most people here aren’t throwing him under the bus... just stating what he needs to work on...

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Probably the best defensive half in the league and people don’t view that as something to build off lol and if you look at the young halves at other clubs (Brodie Croft etc) who have experienced players guiding them around Lewis is doing an outstanding job
I feel for Brodie Croft... it's hard for him at Melbourne. Smith doesn't pass him the ball, always directs play to Munster... they aren't letting him play his natural game, kid looks very nervous and uncertain a lot.

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As long as all of our young players keep working on their games, making small improvements and learning from their mistakes.
Little combinations will form and that will create variety that will ask more questions when in attack.
That pass from Meaney will now put doubt in defenders minds and could just as easily see CHN as the decoy.
Also Cogger needs to lower the trajectory of his kicks so they don’t pop up for the fullback - otherwise they were nicely placed

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Someone gotta point it out. Doesn't need to set the world on fire week in week out. I'm with certifiedG that Lewis basic skills are lacking of late, especially passing tonight. We all hammer the fuck out of Lichaa for his service... fair is fair.
Don't point nothing out... This kid will get his photo on a wall at the leagues club one day.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Pretty harsh call mate, most people here aren’t throwing him under the bus... just stating what he needs to work on...
The notion of him being a potential superstar puts people into this defensive state. It allows them to say "I always believed in the prince when most doubted him" etc.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Probably the best defensive half in the league and people don’t view that as something to build off lol and if you look at the young halves at other clubs (Brodie Croft etc) who have experienced players guiding them around Lewis is doing an outstanding job
His the best defensive half I have ever seen... I'd be surprised if anybody on this forum has seen better.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel for Brodie Croft... it's hard for him at Melbourne. Smith doesn't pass him the ball, always directs play to Munster... they aren't letting him play his natural game, kid looks very nervous and uncertain a lot.
Croft is at his best when he plays what’s in front of him that style of play doesn’t work at Melbourne or for
It's not absurd... a shit pass is a shit pass mate.
one night of shit passes doesn’t add up the three years of shit passes. Mate

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
His the best defensive half I have ever seen... I'd be surprised if anybody on this forum has seen better.
Not doubting it. It's probably because he's not a half. I would like him at lock, but our current crop of front rowers won't allow for that.
Croft is at his best when he plays what’s in front of him that style of play doesn’t work at Melbourne or for

one night of shit passes doesn’t add up the three years of shit passes. Mate
it doesn't but a spade is a spade and I detest Lichaa

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bench him? Throw him into reggies? How about Lock? Shouldn't even be a discussion about this tbh.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not doubting it. It's probably because he's not a half. I would like him at lock, but our current crop of front rowers won't allow for that.

Well at least we agree on lichaa

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Not yet. He may become lock one day but maybe 4-5 yrs. Right now his doing too well bar some stupid decisions as a half.

Give the kid plenty of credit trying to play with an extremely young squad including the youngest spine in the comp.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I rate Croft.. hes played some awesome games in his short career.. he just doesnt look relaxed at the moment looks very anxious.. be hes definately a talent..

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Another week and another game has passed, we got the win which was great! Yet I'm still here scratching my head about where Lewis should play... he was sloppy all night, poor decisions and wayward passes throughout.
Like all of you here I applaud the kid for his attitude and defence, however if Foran was fit (based on his early season form) I'd have Lewis in 14 or in NSW cup.
Centre until we start recruiting quality players ...

We have to just pick best 17 this year

Meaney
Holland
Lewis
Hoppa
Smith
Foran
Cogger
Tolman
JMK
Big pap
Martin
CHN
Jacko

Elliot
Ogden
Brown
Who ever has form

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
He’s a 6. The sooner we can get rid of Foran and sign a proper halfback to play alongside the kid, the better. He was very good last year, the pressure of playing 7 is getting to him.

Foran is bit a viable long term option for us. Lewis has a future.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not yet. He may become lock one day but maybe 4-5 yrs. Right now his doing too well bar some stupid decisions as a half.

Give the kid plenty of credit trying to play with an extremely young squad including the youngest spine in the comp.
Either way I want him in our 17. Just want him to lock down a spot. He played a lot of right edge during his NSW cup time... perhaps when Foran returns he could go back there and allow Foran to line up on his traditional left edge.
I rate Croft.. hes played some awesome games in his short career.. he just doesnt look relaxed at the moment looks very anxious.. be hes definately a talent..
yeah he's a good kid, hope someone gets him out of Melbourne

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s a 6. The sooner we can get rid of Foran and sign a proper halfback to play alongside the kid, the better. He was very good last year, the pressure of playing 7 is getting to him.

Foran is bit a viable long term option for us. Lewis has a future.
He has no running game lol.