Where does Lewis Belong ?

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m part of the Lewis fan train, but I’m also scratching my head to why he isn’t atleast creating a few more opportunities in attack, he seems to look confused and unorganised. Our halves did f all in attack besides a couple of repeat sets. Most of our tries were from second rowers.... it’s concerning with the tight games, we really need atleast one half to step up in attack

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another week and another game has passed, we got the win which was great! Yet I'm still here scratching my head about where Lewis should play... he was sloppy all night, poor decisions and wayward passes throughout.
Like all of you here I applaud the kid for his attitude and defence, however if Foran was fit (based on his early season form) I'd have Lewis in 14 or in NSW cup.
I think he is a potential hooker. I would give him a go there before sending him to cup. He has a kicking game and pound for pound the best defender in the side.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His
Another week and another game has passed, we got the win which was great! Yet I'm still here scratching my head about where Lewis should play... he was sloppy all night, poor decisions and wayward passes throughout.
Like all of you here I applaud the kid for his attitude and defence, however if Foran was fit (based on his early season form) I'd have Lewis in 14 or in NSW cup.
game management is poor... often makes poor choices, times I saw and was thinking repeat set for for the repeat set and he throws a long range nothing pass... I guess experience fixes these issues but then I think if he’s a quality player he should know what to do in these circumstances, my prime example is Dylan brown, closes sets for eels with repeat sets when nothing on.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been saying for ages. Get Matty Johns to do some sessions with all the clubs halves and then watch the game management improve

jouannet

Waterboy
Reaction score
The kids 22 working with a spine with no experience, not a massive forward pack helping him out

Everyone’s quick to torch him
But don’t take into consideration a lot of other factors in our team letting us down

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pay just said in presser he super happy with Lewis said for it....kicking game

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I would try 7.Cogger 6.Lewis.. Lewis has a better running & attacking game and let Cogger organise etc..
That's what I'd prefer and thought Pay would initially go with.
The kids 22 working with a spine with no experience, not a massive forward pack helping him out

But don’t take into consideration a lot of other factors in our team letting us down
i get what your saying, again I like the kid. However the reasons you listed still don't excuse his ugly inaccurate wayward passes.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

You have a point... I’m more critical about the one percent plays that if he’s a quality player should know what to do in those circumstances

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
In the old days a stint back in reserves would help him reset for his 2nd stint in 1st. Shame we don't have depth.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Drop him to reserve grade?? Lol FMD if we do that the kid will be at another club before the end of the year and kicking our ass for the next 10

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some people e hard to please. Lachlan is doing just fine. Yes I personally think he is best at five eight but playing at half is not his fault. I don’t want this talent to slip through our fingers. What we need to find in the team is someone who can kick for field position and a couple of centres who can bust the line. From where I was sitting tonight that Holland pass for the first disallowed try was not passed forward. The ref did not even go for a review. Almost every other team would have been allowed to place the ball and have it reviewed.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In a few years and another 10kgs he may be more like his Uncle than he wants and be a handy Lock.
His the closest thing to a Travis Norton I have seen, once he bulks up he will be one of the most versatile payers in the comp.

He threw his first dummy and go tonight and almost snuck threw... Kids developing nicely as a rookie playing with the current wooden spoon favourites alongside the youngest spine in the comp... People seriously need to get a grip.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Drop him to reserve grade?? Lol FMD if we do that the kid will be at another club before the end of the year and kicking our ass for the next 10
Reading through some pretty stupid shit too huh... lol

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Keep one eye open for young Brandon Wakeham too as he comes back from injury in NSW Cup.

If Foran can stay on the paddock we have a 3 way shootout between Cogger, Lewis and Wakeham (eventually), to partner him.

Lewis is just flat at the moment and struggling to adjust and get into the season. Needs an experienced half to pull him aside and help him.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dunno mate... Your guess is as good as mine. Might as well call him JT and send him North with these critics.
Someone gotta point it out. Doesn't need to set the world on fire week in week out. I'm with certifiedG that Lewis basic skills are lacking of late, especially passing tonight. We all hammer the fuck out of Lichaa for his service... fair is fair.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Dunno mate... Your guess is as good as mine. Might as well call him JT and send him North with these critics.
Probably the best defensive half in the league and people don’t view that as something to build off lol and if you look at the young halves at other clubs (Brodie Croft etc) who have experienced players guiding them around Lewis is doing an outstanding job