Where does Lewis Belong ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another week and another game has passed, we got the win which was great! Yet I'm still here scratching my head about where Lewis should play... he was sloppy all night, poor decisions and wayward passes throughout.
Like all of you here I applaud the kid for his attitude and defence, however if Foran was fit (based on his early season form) I'd have Lewis in 14 or in NSW cup.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Legit only gets a go in first grade for teams like us who are bottom of the table and shanked recruitment. I can’t see even 1% of potential in this kid

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Trust me he will be a star he will develop big time when he plays next to foz thats what he needs trust me
He and Foran pair well yes. But there's to much uncertainty around Foz. I like the stability Jack offers, again not shitting on Lewis I want him in the 17 always have, just dunno how we get the best out of him in our current situation.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
If his attack is as committed or intense as his defence he will be a good player. He lacks assertiveness in what he does. Plays like he is playing park footy . I want pay to break the mould and start playing the halves more together than an edge and using the 1 or forwards as the link.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The kid is all heart... great defensively...
He came at the scene and teams didn't know how to handle him... they see him as a threat now and he is figuring out how to deal with added pressure... give him a few more games and he'll swim through it... he is more five eighth than a half back in my view. Could do well as a centre as well...

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis just gonna be one of those average 1st graders like Josh Reynolds was to us but at least he had a good running game & could break a tackle

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
In a few years and another 10kgs he may be more like his Uncle than he wants and be a handy Lock.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s really struggling for form and he has a limited skill set to start with. He seems to have lost the composure he had last year and is taking the wrong option more often then not. A spell in reggies wouldn’t be the worst thing for him at the minute but it can’t happen.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would try 7.Cogger 6.Lewis.. Lewis has a better running & attacking game and let Cogger organise etc..

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before this game Coggar had 0 try assists Lewis had 3, he definitely needs to work on a few things but he’ll get better. He can think and read the game well, also cleaned up a few plays the cowboys put on where no one else was near the ball which could of gone bad

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
He’s a 7 when he has a great running 6. Otherwise he’s a 6, when he has an organising 7. Right now, he can’t be the organiser while thinking he has to run.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
7 Cogger
6 Foran

Lewis needs a spell in reserves to refine his game — namely his decision making, kicking and control.

He might offer some value as a 14.