Opinion Yet another game gifted to stom via reffs

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It shouldn't be called "national rugby league" it should be called "rugby league entertainment".

Because, evidently, this isn't a level competition with 16 teams. There are 5 teams, cocks, souffs, Cokenulla, gronkos and chance of rain, who own the competition due to their corrupt ways and/or preferential treatment by the rugby league entertainment.

I would love, LOVE, it if one day all this corruption, favouritism and clear match fixing actually came to light. I would literally flop it out and jack it. I'd be harder than a virgin seeing a moot in person for the first time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Talk about propaganda... There's not one article or headline about this farce on the NRL site. Instead the headline is: "Croft field goal lifts Storm"... And another one: "Kearney happy with effort despite tough loss"

Likewise, on Foxsports there isn't one article about that game last night. How convenient.

It's as if this competition is run in North Korea. The manipulation of the media is scary. It's like it never happened. How the hell is anything supposed to be fixed if they keep sweeping it under the carpet and never take responsibility?

Kearney is a soft cock for not using his whole press conference to whinge about that one call that cost them a deserved victory. If coaches and clubs put up with his shit, it will keep on happening.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It shouldn't be called "national rugby league" it should be called "rugby league entertainment".

Because, evidently, this isn't a level competition with 16 teams. There are 5 teams, cocks, souffs, Cokenulla, gronkos and chance of rain, who own the competition due to their corrupt ways and/or preferential treatment by the rugby league entertainment.

I would love, LOVE, it if one day all this corruption, favouritism and clear match fixing actually came to light. I would literally flop it out and jack it. I'd be harder than a virgin seeing a moot in person for the first time.
Actually if you look at the statistics from the last 20 years it is pretty evident that there are actually only 2 teams that "own the competition" in the NRL era, the Roosters and Storm. IMO the only real start that matters is GF appearances. Since 2000 the Roosters have had 7 GF appearances and the Storm 8. There's a huge gap after that. The next closest are Manly on 4, the cowboys on 3 and the Broncs on 3 (who have definitely under achieved considering the advantages they have).

If you ever needed proof that the Salary cap system is not working then this stat should be all the evidence you need.

Edit: Oh and the Dogs have 3 appearances as well.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
to some degree teams can win and lose games due to their own indiscretions and behavior, but with no doubt what so ever the referees are the game deciders, they can gift a team a win or destroy them with a dud call, last night the referees again gifted the storm awin destroying the warriors

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And it's laughable when the predetermined winning team reaches an unassailable lead that the ref starts awarding blatantly wrong calls in the losing teams favour to "even up" the penalty stats.

For e.g. dogs v dragons.... every single 50/50 call went to dragons until we were out of the contest only to literally get awarded every call 2nd half in our favour.

Against souths, as the scores were close, rabbits got every single fucking call, I mean that remis Smith penalty for the chase / try saver was an abomination.

I have a feeling the refs will gift us the game tomorrow to keep us happy for a week as they know dogs fans can see clear as day that were just not meant to win. This is backed by the fact were favorites in the betting ffs.

How the fuck can we be favorites after cows beat warriors away and got dudded against Storm the week before?
Don't forget the warriors game where they said that Montoya 'touched' the ball even though video replays showed he didn't. Also Maxwell (the video ref) also said in the same game that Lewis was not obstructed despite video evidence showing he was. Yeap the NRL have there wish and we are wooden spoons. If Pay doesn't stand up and blow up in press conferences, piss him off and bring a coach with balls to do so.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
to some degree teams can win and lose games due to their own indiscretions and behavior, but with no doubt what so ever the referees are the game deciders, they can gift a team a win or destroy them with a dud call, last night the referees again gifted the storm awin destroying the warriors
As I said.. games aren't being fixed/rigged, but rather shaped by utilising the existing rules of the game (which constantly get tweaked as such).

Refs are probably signing NDA to ensure they never speak out about it.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As I said.. games aren't being fixed/rigged, but rather shaped by utilising the existing rules of the game (which constantly get tweaked as such).

Refs are probably signing NDA to ensure they never speak out about it.
Indeed, the discretion the reffs have is enough to determine a lot of results and they can prevent a loss or a win in very tight situations. Weather or not it is rigged... it’s most definitely corrupt!!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
One thing I think we have learned about Melbourne, is that inevitably when they are behind, they start slowing down the opposition play the ball down even more and they get the 50/50's and even the 70/30's. It happened in the game we played against them two weeks ago and it happened on Thursday night. It is not fair, nor right, but it is allowed and tolerated by the NRL "for the good of the game and to grow it". This type of pandering is now unfortunately being allowed for both Roosters and Souths as well.....

Absolute disgrace some of the decisions in the game against the Warriors, none more than the pathetic play the ball area penalty which got them level and in the position to win the game. They have made a joke of the wrestle in the tackle and the NRL talk about eliminating it but the Storm have become so good and cunning in their application of the wrestle that it is here to stay.I may be mistaken but I really don't think I have ever heard Bellamy have a dig at media when their tactics are questioned perhaps because he knows that they are suspect and does not wish to give any ammunition for future criticism.I am so over the way that the media and ex players stand up for the Storm and say they are great for the game, in my opinion they are pioneers of new ways to cheat the system and a blight on the game.

As for their Captain Smith, yeah he may be lauded as one of the best, but he is also a proponent of the leg twist, the third man in and the forward pass from dummy half. He is enabled to speak to the referee in a way that would see others punished or their protests dismissed, but for him it is open slather. Never in my time of watching the game have I seen a player work the system so effectively and with impunity.

It irked me on two levels those being to see his smiling face as he lifted the trophy the other night knowing full well that his team were gifted that game and the knowledge that he won the Anzac medal for 'best and fairest ' on ground. Nothing fair at all about the way he or his team play the game but we need to understand that the NRL allows it. Many may say my opinion just reinforces his greatness because the dislike I have for him means that he is a winner and that his presence in the game is one of the reasons the Storm are so dominant. I say bullshit to that as my dislike for him and his coach and team is solely because of the way they have changed the face of the game and NOT for the better. Dirty grubby tactics that undermine the spirit of the game in so many ways.Their defiance in the face of having their premierships stripped and playing for no points was mind blowing...they could not accept they had done any wrong and that did not sit well with me; it was as if they were saying that yeah you can take it away from us but we will never see it that way.

I can plainly see that this year the grand final will once again be between the Roosters and the Storm and if that ever looks in doubt wait for the NRL to ensure that it does happen.