Opinion Yet another game gifted to stom via reffs

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pretty shit to see yet another low scoring storm game and yet another win gifted to them thanks to the reff. They call it crowding the ruck i call it trying to get a quick play the ball and fucking it up.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Pretty shit to see yet another low scoring storm game and yet another win gifted to them thanks to the reff. They call it crowding the ruck i call it trying to get a quick play the ball and fucking it up.
Switched it off at ht. Couldnt stand watching Storms superior linespeed (read short 10 metres and jumping off the mark) aswell as the refs continuously calling Warriors players offside at marker allowing Smith to do whatever the fuck he wanted.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing new is it with the storm? As i've stated in another post, gf 2012 they were offside all game, and the refs did nothing. Either way roosters vs storm grand final again, as the rivalry continues from last season and for more seasons to come! Well done NRL for making the salary cap work so evenly between all clubs.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
How fucked was it to see those festering maggot ***** silver-plattered another hollow "victory". What a crock of shit the NRL is, the Storm get 2 or 3 games fucken handed to them EVERY SINGLE YEAR. How good was the play-the-ball that was kicked forward 1 foot but then allowed to play on? Absolute joke.

You can pretty much tell what the score is/time left in the match by how forward CuntSmith passes go....he starts the game throwing marginal forward passes that by the end of a tight match are 1 metre forward. So predictable it is laughable (disgraceful).

Gotta ensure a successful club resides in that scabby phlegm-hole aka Victoria.

Ironic that an occasion such as Anzac Day that symbolises honour is represented every year by the shittiest dishonourable club that our code has ever seen. That's Toddy G and his cronies for ya.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm convinced game results are predetermined well before kick off. The refs job being simply to make it look as non-partisan as possible depending on the flow of the game.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How fucked was it to see those festering maggot ***** silver-plattered another hollow "victory". What a crock of shit the NRL is, the Storm get 2 or 3 games fucken handed to them EVERY SINGLE YEAR. How good was the play-the-ball that was kicked forward 1 foot but then allowed to play on? Absolute joke.

You can pretty much tell what the score is/time left in the match by how forward CuntSmith passes go....he starts the game throwing marginal forward passes that by the end of a tight match are 1 metre forward. So predictable it is laughable (disgraceful).

Gotta ensure a successful club resides in that scabby phlegm-hole aka Victoria.

Ironic that an occasion such as Anzac Day that symbolises honour is represented every year by the shittiest dishonourable club that our code has ever seen. That's Toddy G and his cronies for ya.
Waiting for Annesley to come out and tear them a new one.... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's disgraceful. It really would serve the game better if more upsets happened. It would be far more interesting and increase crowds and ratings. But the NRL don't want that. The calls the Roosters and Storm got today were some of the worst yet.

I blame the other clubs for putting up with it. Pay the fine every week and hammer Greenberg until he gets fired and shit changes. No one want to watch this rigged comp.

If the Warriors had that play the ball and dropped it like that it would have been a knock on. It's nothing we don't already know but they've made the sport completely unwatchable.

The NRL is about as rigged as an Indonesian election.

Last edited:

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's disgraceful. It really would serve the game more if more upsets happened. Ot would be far more interesting. But the NRL don't want that. The calls the Roosters and Storm got today were some of the worst yet.

I blame the other clubs for putting up with it. Pay the fine every week and hammer Greenberg until he gets fired and shit changes. No one want to watch this rigged comp.

If the Warriors had that play the ball and dropped it like that it would have been a knock on. It's nothing we don't already know but they've made the sport completely unwatchable.

Spot on... we never see those controversial calls when the game is on the line late on go against Storm, roosters or souths

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
It's disgraceful. It really would serve the game more if more upsets happened. Ot would be far more interesting. But the NRL don't want that. The calls the Roosters and Storm got today were some of the worst yet.

Wonder what sanctions a club would receive if it pulled it's players from the field during a match?
Wouldve loved to have seen Kearney take his players from the field and make a huge issue of the dozens of blatent errors the refs made in favour of the Storm tonight. At least a big statement like that would prevent Annesley and NRL HQ from papering-over such biased crap by simply saying "yeah the refs probably fucked up on that decision, that decision and that decision".

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Wonder what sanctions a club would receive if it pulled it's players from the field during a match?
Wouldve loved to have seen Kearney take his players from the field and make a huge issue of the dozens of blatent errors the refs made in favour of the Storm tonight. At least a big statement like that would prevent Annesley and NRL HQ from papering-over such biased crap by simply saying "yeah the refs probably fucked up on that decision, that decision and that decision".
It would honestly take some form of boycott or rebel league for anything to happen.

Why on earth anyone would watch the same four teams be handed wins every year? Let them play their own super comp that no one will watch. Then the other teams need to start their own comp and expand into Perth which the NRL should have done 10 years ago!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'm convinced game results are predetermined well before kick off. The refs job being simply to make it look as non-partisan as possible depending on the flow of the game.
Said this for years, not so much match fixing, but shaping a match towards a predetermined result.

I can't imagine many betting partners would be happy paying out $6 odd for a Warriors win!

There are a few signs of match shaping:
1. New rules are only introduced to create more potential for a game to be predetermined.
2. Rules are selectively enforced.
3. Referees are never seriously reprimanded for poor/incorrect calls.
4. NRL are happy to admit calls were wrong after a game is already decided.
5. The game only started having these issues when betting companies became "NRL Partners", as well as jersey sponsors.
6. Refs rarely speak out against the game, they just get "promoted", even after "retirement".

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's happened enough times now that they've (Refs) have shown the way they do it. Ref normal 1st half and if Storm are losing second half they start by gifting them a penalty everytime they are back on their try line rucking it out. Every time they march them up the field for free. Add to this they allow them to wrestle longer which saps the momentum out of the game. Inevitably from there the Storm win.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone here follows Greek basketball, but earlier this year Olympiakos refused to come out to play the 2nd half against their rivals Panathinaikos to protest as they thought the refs were shafting them... Olympiakos we're smashed by the league and copped big points deduction and have capitulated ever since. ( Suck shit as I hate those *****.)

I'd expect the same outcome here if a team decided to boycott mid game...

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said this for years, not so much match fixing, but shaping a match towards a predetermined result.

I can't imagine many betting partners would be happy paying out $6 odd for a Warriors win!

There are a few signs of match shaping:
1. New rules are only introduced to create more potential for a game to be predetermined.
2. Rules are selectively enforced.
3. Referees are never seriously reprimanded for poor/incorrect calls.
4. NRL are happy to admit calls were wrong after a game is already decided.
5. The game only started having these issues when betting companies became "NRL Partners", as well as jersey sponsors.
6. Refs rarely speak out against the game, they just get "promoted", even after "retirement".
110%

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's happened enough times now that they've (Refs) have shown the way they do it. Ref normal 1st half and if Storm are losing second half they start by gifting them a penalty everytime they are back on their try line rucking it out. Every time they march them up the field for free. Add to this they allow them to wrestle longer which saps the momentum out of the game. Inevitably from there the Storm win.
And it's laughable when the predetermined winning team reaches an unassailable lead that the ref starts awarding blatantly wrong calls in the losing teams favour to "even up" the penalty stats.

For e.g. dogs v dragons.... every single 50/50 call went to dragons until we were out of the contest only to literally get awarded every call 2nd half in our favour.

Against souths, as the scores were close, rabbits got every single fucking call, I mean that remis Smith penalty for the chase / try saver was an abomination.

I have a feeling the refs will gift us the game tomorrow to keep us happy for a week as they know dogs fans can see clear as day that were just not meant to win. This is backed by the fact were favorites in the betting ffs.

How the fuck can we be favorites after cows beat warriors away and got dudded against Storm the week before?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Deff rigged more often than not, how can’t it be, and worse thing is we all see it black an white, can’t hide from the cameras these days. And yes the betting agencies have fucked it, I admit I have a bet on games often, but that’s because they make it easy to make some big money. PRICKS!! NRL has been ruined by many.

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone here follows Greek basketball, but earlier this year Olympiakos refused to come out to play the 2nd half against their rivals Panathinaikos to protest as they thought the refs were shafting them... Olympiakos we're smashed by the league and copped big points deduction and have capitulated ever since. ( Suck shit as I hate those *****.)

I'd expect the same outcome here if a team decided to boycott mid game...
When you post examples , post all the facts so the posters get a clear idea of whats happened, and your double standards .

The refereeing in the NRL is shit and rigged which you seem to agree is , all of us can see that. Luckily at this stage it’s not as bad or corrupt as Greek basketball has been for 15 years which you cite as an example. Basketball as a game is even easier to rig because of the “easy fouls” and free throws .

You forget to mention though that the club in question Olympiacos were fed up being rorted by poor officiating . They tried to work with the league to solve this problem by requesting the league appoint independent , impartial and foreign referees when playing their rivals Panathinaikos , so that the match is officiated independently and fairly.
The corrupt league refused for obvious reasons , and in the match that ensued the refereeing was so blatantly biased against them that they decided to walk off at half time in protest .
You state that the club ( which you hate) was subsequently fined and “smashed” by the league with a points deduction etc etc, but you failed to mention that the club have told the league to fuck off and informed them that they are pulling out of the domestic Greek league , and joining another league (Adriatic league)
Everyone is now shitting their pants what effect a big club like them leaving will have on the league , including the sports minister who has come out and stated that Olympiacos leaving the domestic league would be catastrophic for Greek basketball.
You also failed to mention since they took the drastic stance of walking off , every other club in the league has agreed that changes in the leagues management / administration and refereeing need to be implemented immediately so that the blatant corruption and “poor refereeing “ be stamped out once and for all. The only club that hasn’t spoken is the one that was being favoured by refs all these years....Panathinaikos.
So the stance they took to protest the corrupt refereeing didn’t really backfire as you make out, the opposite in fact as it has has triggered discussion and the need for changes.
(And on a side note , it’s no coincidence that when these 2 teams play each other with foreign refs in the European euroleague competition Olympiacos has a far superior head to head against their rivals. Interesting right? )

A stance needs to be taken in the NRL also. Not sure that teams boycotting or walking off in protest will work here but the corrupt refereeing in the NRL is farcical, it’s rigged and it’s killing the game by turning supporters away.
But something drastic needs to happen because the NRL have been pulling this shit for years and getting away with it.
You have the Sutton brothers who love nothing more than to screw us over and instead of them being banished for their “poor refereeing ” it’s the club that cops a fine it for speaking out. Everytime I see that Sutton is officiating our game I think weve lost that game. Im curious to know what our clubs win/loss ration is when those Sutton maggots are in charge of our game.
They can’t even get the video decisions right sometimes. It’s become a joke .
A few years ago we lost a minor premiership at Jubilee oval with a ridiculous decision that left everyone scratching their head. This shit has been happening for years and then people wonder why crowds are down.
The Warriors were shafted last night , 2 points taken off them and gifted to the scummy Storm .

Last edited:

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gambling has destroyed the game I haven’t been to a match in years I won’t part with my hard earned cos I know the game is rigged blatantly obvious watch us get hammered in the penalty count and the tap will run a pool on total penalties it’s a joke now

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The game it should of happened was the black friday game between us and rabbiits few years ago i actually said at the time if i was coach i would have pulled the boys off the field. And it has only got worse for us since that game. I would love to see a team do it under those circumstances and send a messenger back onto the field to say we come back on the field when 2 new reffs turn up to officiate the game honestly