Magic Round

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
It's been a thing for ages in England and has done well, I haven't been to a dog's game in ages but I'd probably go to this if I was in Sydney like the 7s. I can only really imagine an older person not liking this tbh.
What's that sonny? I can't hear you....let me turn up my hearing device....

I can't think of many worse ways to spend a weekend than watching a full round of NRL....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's been a thing for ages in England and has done well, I haven't been to a dog's game in ages but I'd probably go to this if I was in Sydney like the 7s. I can only really imagine an older person not liking this tbh.
What exactly does "has done well" mean? That all of the season ticket holders get screwed out of game that they paid for? That's it held in a city over 900 kilometres away from where it should be. That's similar to playing a game in Berlin that was supposed to be played in London. Notice the difference between playing a magic round in the UK, with say London to Cardiff (Millennium Stadium) being less distance than Sydney to Canberra. Around 2.5 hours by car to attend a game is a bit different to 10 hours. That's why comparing the success, or not, of the ESL Magic Round is irrelevant. FWIW last year's ESL was held in Newcastle (sic) with 38k attending on the Saturday and 25k on the Sunday which is pretty much the same attendance levels since 2007.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What's that sonny? I can't hear you....let me turn up my hearing device....

I can't think of many worse ways to spend a weekend than watching a full round of NRL....
You don't have to stay for the full round, you can just do a day. If it's anything close to the 7s then it will be great.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What exactly does "has done well" mean? That all of the season ticket holders get screwed out of game that they paid for? That's it held in a city over 900 kilometres away from where it should be. That's similar to playing a game in Berlin that was supposed to be played in London. Notice the difference between playing a magic round in the UK, with say London to Cardiff (Millennium Stadium) being less distance than Sydney to Canberra. Around 2.5 hours by car to attend a game is a bit different to 10 hours. That's why comparing the success, or not, of the ESL Magic Round is irrelevant. FWIW last year's ESL was held in Newcastle (sic) with 38k attending on the Saturday and 25k on the Sunday which is pretty much the same attendance levels since 2007.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How is that any different to normal round? Except I get to actually watch a game live at our home ground every second round, but not this time. I can also get to many away games too, without driving to Brisbane.

Go Dogs

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I will be going and looking forward to it. Have been to the other double headers they have had over the years.
Great day at the footy, awesome atmosphere inside rhe stadium and outside as well. Makes for a good night out.
Plus to watch the Dogs smash Klemmer in person is worth the admission itself

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I live in brisbane so definitely going. My mates are all warriors supporters so should be fun.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So the wife bought me birthday tickets to the Magic round before the season to watch the dogs on the Saturday. Was pretty pumped now not so sure as we seem to put in dud performances a lot lol.
Anyone else heading to that round in Brisbane ?
Your wife bought you tickets to Brisbane? Did you cheat on her or hit her or something?

Last time I forgot the wife's birthday she threatened to take us to Melbourne. Haven't forgotten her birthday since.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
I'm young and 100% agree with twinturbo.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your wife bought you tickets to Brisbane? Did you cheat on her or hit her or something?

Last time I forgot the wife's birthday she threatened to take us to Melbourne. Haven't forgotten her birthday since.
I’m not a Souffs fan ....

I think she just wanted to get away from the kids for a couple of days. Knew I wouldn’t put up a fight to take her away if it included the bulldogs.

The more I see the whinging comments about the magic round here the more happy I am to be going. Not all of us live in Sydney and can stroll in on a weekend to watch the dogs. So stick it up you glad there is a magic round :tongueclosed:

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will be there for the three days, not sure how many games will get to,depends on how the Caxton security guys are feeling lol.Early start at Caxton for Saturday’s game is definataly on.