Annesley Warns Bulldogs To Cut Out Go-Slow Tactics

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So they pick a side coming stone cold motherless last and ping us for slowing the play down..wtf

If they stopped giving us such shit calls every game and lop sided penalty counts we might be able to actually play attacking football instead of defending all game...no wonder the guys are slowing the play down...we’re fucking exhausted.

While your giving us a warning..give your own refs a warning regarding consistency

Last edited:

Son Of Dogzilla

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
how about a spotlight on the burgess idiots who couldn't play a ball on the mark they tried …. average of 3.8 meters off the mark everytime hahah

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So they pick a side coming stone cold motherless last and ping us for slowing the play the down..wtf

If they stopped giving us such shit calls every game and lop sided penalty counts we might be able to actually play attacking football instead of defending all game...no wonder the guys are slowing the play down...we’re fucking exhausted.

While your giving us a warning..give your own refs a warning regarding consistency
Exactly why do you think we were fried in the dragons game? Because those fuckwits Klein and Sutton blew penalties for no fucking reason in the first 20 minutes and it fucked us big time. The Drags should be thanking for them for helping them win in the first 20.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
What about the milk a penalty tactic? Tangling into the defender on the ground? Pushing into the player as he tries to get up? Pushes 2 metres forward off the mark as the player tries to mark? For fucks sake Annesely, open your eyes!

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What about the milk a penalty tactic? Tangling into the defender on the ground? Pushing into the player as he tries to get up? Pushes 2 metres forward off the mark as the player tries to mark? For fucks sake Annesely, open your eyes!
You are describing the Bargearse boys to a tee!!! AND the whinging didn't stop when the referee blew half time. From the far side of the field and up the tunnel Sam Burgess kept on whinging and whining to Perenara...

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
You are describing the Bargearse boys to a tee!!! AND the whinging didn't stop when the referee blew half time. From the far side of the field and up the tunnel Sam Burgess kept on whinging and whining to Perenara...
yes - that one off tackle with Lewis deserves a penalty - but we deserved 5 penalties for the blatant attempts to deceive the refs throughout the match - totally not in the spirit of the game and it actually puts the game in disrepute. Milking a penalty is worse than trying to slow the play down because your team is gassed.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The point I'm making is that I'm not going to be too concerned about making sure our team is policed on issues when there is about 4-5 teams being obviously looked after by the NRL. If the game was squeaky clean I would be more self critical of our guys...…...I'm just not going to do it when there are plenty worse around. We did it, yes but Souths layed in the ruck longer too making the stupid individual times drag out. They were fukin pathetic as usual with old mate squish face whinging at every turn. As I've said, it's the Ref's job to call the penalty and set the tone...…..they didn't do it so our team played to the whistle. This is all on the refs for not doing their jobs. No use them coming out after the game making brave statements...……….maybe they should have dropped the refs for not following the rules in the first place? You need to stop kicking the team why they're down. there's plenty of others lining up for that.
Yh fair enough, I just don't really agree and the whole situation doesn't bother me much at all. We were laying all over the ruck, I can accept that, not going to pretend like it didn't happen and disregard the stats.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
I was a bit shocked we didn’t end up having someone binned tbh, but didn’t care because we had some absolute howlers against us that the Rabbits capitalised from.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the nrl focus on 1 club, the bulldogs who did slow down the play last game yet turn a blind eye to the storm who have been doing this for the last 10 years, if the nrl was fair dinkum they would not name the club, and should police every game every week putting an end to it,

cry baby bennett should shut up, its ok when his players do it, but not others in retaliation

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone from the club needs to put an end to this bullshit bias, Melbourne have been doing this for over a decade and when it comes to finals they challenge the refs to blow the whistle by playing offside all game, see 2012 gf, yet when a coach complains about the way we play, rules change, this has been going on since the eighties, it's pathetic and someone from our club needs to grow some balls and stand up to this cancer of an administration!

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TAB must have had a word with their on field TAB representatives. They must have needed souffs 13+.

A lot more match fixing coming up...

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't know what's more comical, the nrlol or the quality of the "journalism".

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes we held them down - a lot. But Annesley is basically saying that referees let us get away with doing that, but they aren't to blame. Then he says they will ref what's in front of them, but clearly they didn't! And they are still free of any blame? Now we have the NRL scapegoating clubs in the media to pretend referees are good at their jobs.

He wants us to believe the refs are letting games flow and it's players and coaches that are ruining everything. Did he see the run of unnecessary penalties St George got against us at the start of last weeks game? It's just fucking dribble.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fcukwits. Absolute Fcukwits.

Storm does it to Bulldogs 1 week prior via headlocking choking tactics and laying all over the ruck to slow the ruck down

Bulldogs use frustrating hang on tactics to slow the ruck down

Who gets publicly singled out??? Fcuk me this NRL is SHIT SHIT SHIT.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Should be up to the discretion of the referee in the circumstances, not a sudden clamp down.
There was only one extra penalty we could of got pinged for.

The NRL were more than happy to welcome back Matt Cecchin after his initial decision to quit the game. He was not happy with the way referees were instructed to micro manage games which is basically what they are now saying they will resume with the crackdown. No more allowing them to officiate to the flow of the game......

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/03/08...l-after-super-league-delays-two-referee-move/

Changes to the way referees will control matches have convinced Matt Cecchin to return to the NRL ranks after visa complications and a decision by Super League clubs to postpone the introduction of two whistle blowers scuttled his plans to move to England.

While waiting for his visa, Cecchin has been in regular contact with new NRL head of elite football operations Graham Annesley and he immediately advised him of his desire to resume refereeing after last year quitting because of the constant abuse and disillusionment with the way match officials were instructed to control games.

However, he readily admits he didn’t like the style of refereeing in the NRL last season and decided to move to England as Super League is the only other professional competition in the world.