Social Media Gus Gould

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea agree but that’s why maybe a role That doesn’t give him to much power just more of a role pay and co can pick his brains about footy stuff
Pay would be better off picking the brains of some of us kennelers'

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
When he won a premiership as coach with Canterbury he had a star studded team and Warren Ryan set everything up for him to easily knock it down!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Gus is waiting for Greenberg and Beattie to get the axe and has his eyes on the top job.

Most people hate Gus and I understand why but he'd certainly be a better NRL CEO than Gallop, Smith, Moffatt and Greenberg. At least he's a Rugby League person who knows how the game is supposed to be run.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Gus is waiting for Greenberg and Beattie to get the axe and has his eyes on the top job.

Most people hate Gus and I understand why but he'd certainly be a better NRL CEO than Gallop, Smith, Moffatt and Greenberg. At least he's a Rugby League person who knows how the game is supposed to be run.
Moon face Gould may have a great footy brain but he came out awhile back and said Nick Politis should be nrl ceo.

Enough said on that one

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would love him back at the club as a director of football or something similar.
Someone else said it but I would prefer he replace greenturd at the top of the game.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Moon face Gould may have a great footy brain but he came out awhile back and said Nick Politis should be nrl ceo.
Perfect, takes him out of running the Chooks or getting involved in any way.

Go Dogs

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Im with you. Gus loves the game. He is passionate. We can't be pissed at him because he doesn't show us bias. I can think of dozens of media personalities who are worse than Gus.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
His ego is bigger than his triple chin and body, and that is saying something. At best, I would pay him big $ as a 'consultant'. And a juicy success fee for attracting talent.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yes its exactly what i was thinking when i first heard the rumours that he was leaving penrith. we need someone like him to turn around our club very quickly.
Turning things around quickly is not part of Goulds character. Look what he did at Souths and Penrith.
His five year plans always extended way past that with no results. Last thing we need is a five year plan.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gould and the Andersons would not be able to co-exist at the 'Dogs... we do though need someone to work thru the club and create pathways for young players to be identified, recruited and developed thru the grades to FG... we need someone that can properly oversee the current FG squad and the salary cap and show some foresight as to who is retained, who is upgraded, who is released etc... we need someone that has an eye across all the relevant grades and some coordination provided

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
we do though need someone to work thru the club and create pathways for young players to be identified, recruited and developed thru the grades to FG... we need someone that can properly oversee the current FG squad and the salary cap and show some foresight as to who is retained, who is upgraded, who is released etc... we need someone that has an eye across all the relevant grades and some coordination provided
That's not a description of one person's job, that's about 5 persons' jobs.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Enough said on that one
Almost guarantee he'll end up in a role at the NRL... either replacing Greenberg or Beattie, or working alongside them in some capacity.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t think he is capable of doing a role with not much power. I’m pretty sure the Andersons and Gould don’t see eye to eye either.
They hate each other

Gould not coming to Canterbury while Andersons involved

End of story

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He might be a dick but knows his shit has a good relationship with game figure yes come form the bullfrog era definitely something would have rubbed off wouldn’t hurt to have someone like him around to oversee and fix give him power to do what he needs if results come wasn’t scared to punt personality’s at Penrith has a younger side obviously not all him
Atm anything will be worth a try

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
yes your prob wondering when someone will open up the subject... so I am hahahah

Ex bulldog premiership winning coach, he has told media he isn’t interested in any capacity for club footy but surely our rich club can entice him to come and just direct things around a little.

No matter how much his hated here or across the nrl community he knows his shit and is very footy smart.

Would you guys want him around the club? Maybe not so much as someone with a lot of power but just someone throwing his ideas around the joint since we are in this ‘REBUILDING PHASE’
I maybe old and silly but I would rather slam my old fella in a car door than ever have Gus at Belmore again. Very smart football brain but it's attached to a lunatic....