DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn it’s the English Thompson, then that’s a yes from meeeee lol

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
7 players at $250k each, is that how I read that?
That’s better than what I thought if so...
That's the same as 1 player at $1.75m (is anyone really worth that much)
Or 2 players at $875k (that's top dollar, better be guns)
Or 3 Players at $583k (closer to normal for a top level player)
Or 4 players $438k (we'd get pretty good players for that)

Not agreeing with the $1.75m, I believe it is closer to $2m. Plus what we end up as under this year (~$750k), which means we can forward pay (revised contract) a player/s this year for next year and/or the year after. Keeping in mind that we are obliged to pay 95% of the cap every year.

Go Dogs

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 out 3, I'd take TPJ. We don't really need a fullback and we can only afford a half if Foran's contract can be "Inlis'd".
TPJ covers the extra prop that we need, so it's down to a centre and a hooker.
Possibly Staggs, but he's signed for 2020, plus he's only 20, so doesn't really add the experience that we need. So maybe Rapana, he's off contract and 29, so a couple of good years left or Kahu.
MWZ off contract this year and DWZ off contract end of next year, make a dual offer. Brothers in the centre and wing, rings a bell.
Hooker is tough, Koroisau is off contract this year, the rest (the decent experienced ones) are tied to long terms, so it would take a $big push to lure one to us.

Go Dogs
Gustherson can cover fullback. center and 5/8

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
7 players at $250k each, is that how I read that?

That’s better than what I thought if so...
let's hope they do not spent more money on other clubs rejects !
I hope we will be pleasantly surprised !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I got laughed at when I said why isn’t our club chasing Moses. Yea he has been average last year and this year he has been getting better each round. I know the kid personally and he is a gentleman who plays tough and is a very skilful guy. I just bloody wish we signed him as we did enquire about his services but ended at parra because they went hard for him.

We also need a decent Hooker, I heard those brothers playing for sharks are good prospects which won’t cost a fortune. The younger one just signed a 3 year deal but the older one is off contract next year. Ask for a early release and bring him down I say.
Moses wanted to come to us...Hasler said NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Are you guys joking, Moses is rubbish. Gutherson is good enough if hes injury free. He's definitely talented. Would combine ok with Foran or at least hold the ship when Forans injured.

Manly will struggle to keep Api or their junior hooker. I would definitely put pressure on them if only to make them pay more money. Dylan Walker is gone next season and no one will want him so he might come reasonably cheap. If Manly have a shit season, maybe Taupau would come back.

Dylan Brown from Parra has a lot of hype although I have not seen him play.

Chad Townsend from Sharks might be a solid half. Aiden Sezer if he keeps playing second fiddle.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Remember...we missed out on Tedesco because Hasler didn't want Moses :rage:
Maybe we missed out on him cos Tedesco felt he was a better title chance at the roosters. Inf act that makes a hell of a lot more sense

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Izaia Perese
Christian Welch
Api Korosau

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Latrell Mitchel 2021
Would be nice, but I see Latrell as someone we will never get as we knocked him back as a young fella. I'm just a big Cotric fan.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Not agreeing with the $1.75m, I believe it is closer to $2m. Plus what we end up as under this year (~$750k), which means we can forward pay (revised contract) a player/s this year for next year and/or the year after. Keeping in mind that we are obliged to pay 95% of the cap every year.

Go Dogs
Most likely 3 players for $1.75m

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe we missed out on him cos Tedesco felt he was a better title chance at the roosters. Inf act that makes a hell of a lot more sense
It is a fact...Sharon Woods, Tedesco and Moses wanted to come to us...
Hasler said no to Moses, instead he wanted his boyfriend Foran,
Moses asked to meet Hasler to persuade him...still said NO
And that's when Tedesco renegaded on his Canterbury's agreement for more money at the Rorters !!!

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Couldn’t of said it better mate - I agree 1000%