Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I'd go all out and sell falita mariner and buy Jerome luai, this guy can be anything he has the excitement, I'm not convinced on Lewis in attack, cogger is a Pay signing and that tells me everything about Dean Pay
Panthers locked him up long term last year. I'd be pissed being Luai though as he's been selfishly locked in by Panthers and unlikely to play NRL outside of SOO call ups or injury.

Another reason the NRL need a draft/trade system. Bloke is wasting away in NSW Cup.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Would love a roster like this going into 2021

1. Meaney
2. Okunbor
3. Staggs (2020)
4. Manu (2020)
5. Smith
6. Nikorima (2020)
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Koroisau (2019)
10. Napa
11. Martin
12. Harawira-Naera
13. Jackson

14. Marshall-King
15. Ofahengaue (2019)
16. Ogden
17. Elliott

-Lichaa, Holland, Hopoate, Foran
+Koroisau, Ofahengaue, Staggs, Manu, Nikorima

I think it's thereabouts salary cap wise

I don't know about Meaney and Okunbor long term tho.. (if possible add fullback and winger if salary cap space)

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Nikorima is rubbish.
Manu - no chance.
Stags - no chance.
Nikorima isn't a 7, which Broncos use him as. I think he's a very good 6 (your other options are Croft and Sezer? Croft no chance, Sezer no thanks..)
Roosters are going to have to offer Mitchell 1-1.5M to keep him, can they also upgrade Manu's contract?
Staggs, behind Roberts and Bird, only reason for no chance would be Broncos moving 1 of them on before he's off contract (which I'm not considering until it happens, Lomax is another 1).
I think we'll have about 2-2.5M free in the cap after getting rid of players. (Holland, Hopoate, Foran, Lichaa, Faitala-Mariner, etc)

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nikorima isn't a 7, which Broncos use him as. I think he's a very good 6 (your other options are Croft and Sezer? Croft no chance, Sezer no thanks..)
Roosters are going to have to offer Mitchell 1-1.5M to keep him, can they also upgrade Manu's contract?
Staggs, behind Roberts and Bird, only reason for no chance would be Broncos moving 1 of them on before he's off contract (which I'm not considering until it happens, Lomax is another 1).
I think we'll have about 2-2.5M free in the cap after getting rid of players. (Holland, Hopoate, Foran, Lichaa, Faitala-Mariner, etc)
How so when halves play left and right these days. All these people that think there is any difference between a 6 and 7 these days has not watched rugby league for many many years. Johns and them saying keary could play halfback. Of course he fucking could both playmakers play first reciever these days, either side of the ruck. Dont matter what fucking number they wear. Even dogs supporters say lewis is a 6 and cogger a 7. Nothing fucking changes but the number on there back. They both play first reciever either side of ruck. Nickorima plays right milford plays left. How is the number 6 or 7 gonna change a thing ?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we need to make a play for harry grant (storm hooker, carving up qcup) or api koroisau.. then rapana for centre, or if we cant get him fonua on a cheapish contract in prep for 2021 or maybe enari tuala as third choice. We need alot more obviously but that's a great start.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched a fair bit of him in Super league not very big but I rate him he is quick for a front rower got good leg drive and can pull off a decent hit can play long minutes as well I would think he be a asset if we could pull it off but I reckon he will probably resign with st Helens

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol don't tell me a journo got paid to write that, Xerri just made his debut at 18 years of age, of course he is gonna earn a quarter of what a former Australian and NSW rep would, and if the journo is trying to say that Xerri would want anything close to Dugan salary then I'd want what they are on, no club is going to offer him more then 500k. Sharks will let go of Feki and others to make room for him.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Recruitment for 2021 as 16 Dogs Players Off Contract including Kieran Foran, Aidan Tolman, Will Hopoate and Captain Josh Jackson Just to name a few.
So Any suggestions for 2021 recruitment ideas as we have a lot of money freed up then with some of the players on top dollar?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently we've enquired about Koroisau for next season, club is interested and Manly have a decision to make with two good hookers on the books. Tigers are also another club said to be interested. I made this up.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Aslong as our backline looks something like this ill be happy, along with snaring a good hooker.

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Manu / Scott / Lomax / Staggs
4. Cotric
5. Oates / DWZ

One other big issues is what do we do with Jackson heading into 2021?
Love the big (c) at lock, however i would be inclined to move him to left backrower for his final seasons to allow us to make a play at Jai Arrow who is a beast and would be awesome for our pack with his best years ahead of him at 25 years old.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Aslong as our backline looks something like this ill be happy, along with snaring a good hooker.

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Manu / Scott / Lomax / Staggs
4. Cotric
5. Oates / DWZ

One other big issues is what do we do with Jackson heading into 2021?
Love the big (c) at lock, however i would be inclined to move him to left backrower for his final seasons to allow us to make a play at Jai Arrow who is a beast and would be awesome for our pack with his best years ahead of him at 25 years old.
Staggs just rejected a $350k a year deal from manly. Doesn’t look like he wants to leave the broncos

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Staggs just rejected a $350k a year deal from manly. Doesn’t look like he wants to leave the broncos
yeah with Roberts looking south sydney bound, Staggs wont be going anywhere.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we have approx $800k at best after 2019 if we get rid of all contracted players up til 2019 and need to upgrade Martin to keep him. We'd be lucky to have $500k to spend at the end of this year.
Great, one signing coming up.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Recruitment needs to start now.. it will never get done in 1 off season