Social Media Gus Gould

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes your prob wondering when someone will open up the subject... so I am hahahah

Ex bulldog premiership winning coach, he has told media he isn’t interested in any capacity for club footy but surely our rich club can entice him to come and just direct things around a little.

No matter how much his hated here or across the nrl community he knows his shit and is very footy smart.

Would you guys want him around the club? Maybe not so much as someone with a lot of power but just someone throwing his ideas around the joint since we are in this ‘REBUILDING PHASE’

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
yes your prob wondering when someone will open up the subject... so I am hahahah

Ex bulldog premiership winning coach, he has told media he isn’t interested in any capacity for club footy but surely our rich club can entice him to come and just direct things around a little.

No matter how much his hated here or across the nrl community he knows his shit and is very footy smart.

Would you guys want him around the club? Maybe not so much as someone with a lot of power but just someone throwing his ideas around the joint since we are in this ‘REBUILDING PHASE’

I wouldn’t mind it

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
yes its exactly what i was thinking when i first heard the rumours that he was leaving penrith. we need someone like him to turn around our club very quickly.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would prefer him running the game instead TBH.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way! He creates more problems then he solves and let’s be honest he didn’t win a comp while he was there. Yes, he fixed up the Leagues Club and Football Club bottom lines but we don’t need help with that. It’s always about Gould when he is involved.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way! He creates more problems then he solves and let’s be honest he didn’t win a comp while he was there. Yes, he fixed up the Leagues Club and Football Club bottom lines but we don’t need help with that. It’s always about Gould when he is involved.
Yea agree but that’s why maybe a role That doesn’t give him to much power just more of a role pay and co can pick his brains about footy stuff

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yea agree but that’s why maybe a role That doesn’t give him to much power just more of a role pay and co can pick his brains about footy stuff
I don’t think he is capable of doing a role with not much power. I’m pretty sure the Andersons and Gould don’t see eye to eye either.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I just want the club to search far and wide for the best 16-18 yr old talent available. Bring a core group of them through the grades. Like we did in the early 00s with sbw, mason, asotasi, anasta, utai, harris, who combined with others who already came through..sherwin, price, elmasri. They all bled blue n white and got a title.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Egotistical fkwit that is out of touch with today's game.. how many premierships did Penrith win while he was in charge? How many in-house fights was involved with? Lost count.. did Penrith even reach a preliminary final while he's been there?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No thanks!! Yes he has footy smarts, but he would do more damage than good, an unsettle this club more than it is now. he would want too much power! We don’t need that right now. We need to be settled first an foremost, he is not the answer for the doggies.!!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah, don't want another 5 year plan. The last people to promise that ended badly.

Anyway isn't he going to the Sharks.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh throw him in for some more BuLlDoG cUlTuRe to maximise our wining rate.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The andersons and gould could not work together

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Egotistical fkwit that is out of touch with today's game.. how many premierships did Penrith win while he was in charge? How many in-house fights was involved with? Lost count.. did Penrith even reach a preliminary final while he's been there?
Yeah against us is 2014

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure he will put his hand up for Greenberg’s job but personally Gould thinks his opinion is bible and the Rugby League expert on all topics. I think it wouldn’t be good if he got Greenberg’s gig. He is a bit overrated. If he was such a great SuperCoach he would have more then 2 premierships! NSW begged for him to come back but he knows deep down inside he was lucky with 2 sides he won titles with and the origin wins were towards the end of the first great QLD era (Lewis’ retirement etc) He did lose to arguably the unloseable Origin series in 95? Didn’t he get James Packer to bail out the panthers? Like that’s just the classic ‘who you know not what you know?’
We don’t need to fork out big bucks to Gus to play golf every day and walk around Belmore thinking he has created or started something that isn’t there and be overlooking the coaches shoulder offering his so called ‘advice’ If he wants to coach then take a coaching job?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gould was sacked as coach For Chris Anderson 30 years back by Bullfrog..