WWOS MOLE Luke Thompson (St Helens)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What position does this lad play?
Mainly prop but played at lock for England against New Zealand last year.

Bennett obviously rates him. If Greenberg hands Souths a million to spend then it wouldn't surprise me to see them and other clubs make offers. He is highly touted.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are set to chase the man rated as the best forward in England: Luke Thompson.

Desperate for more muscle up front, the Bulldogs have targeted Thompson, who at just 23 has already racked up more than 130 games for St Helens and four Tests for England.

The young giant was the star of Great Britain’s Test series win over the Kiwis late last year and has a big future in the game.

But he won’t be easy to lure down under - St Helens are trying to extend his deal and several big-spending English clubs also have their eyes on him.

If they do get him, though, he will give Dean Pay’s pack a massive boost in coming years.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...est-star/d7e72fbc-2416-4061-82cb-f3db0c507531
If we are after his signature it won't happen, for some reason our team always miss out.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would feel more confident if the rumours not from the mole

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mainly prop but played at lock for England against New Zealand last year.

Bennett obviously rates him. If Greenberg hands Souths a million to spend then it wouldn't surprise me to see them and other clubs make offers. He is highly touted.
I hope we lock him down now before other clubs get a sniff. If he’s as good as Bateman then our team will improve big time

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like the videos are sped up when they run.. looks like what Damien Cook would if he was a prop.

Not getting excited because probably won't happen.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/Bulldogs4Life1935/photos/a.130580240957984/316517305697609/?type=3&theater

The Bulldogs are set to chase the man rated as the best forward in England: Luke Thompson.
Desperate for more muscle up front, the Bulldogs have targeted Thompson, who at just 23 has already racked up more than 130 games for St Helens and four Tests for England.
The young giant was the star of Great Britain’s Test series win over the Kiwis late last year and has a big future in the game.
But he won’t be easy to lure down under - St Helens are trying to extend his deal and several big-spending English clubs also have their eyes on him.
If they do get him, though, he will give Dean Pay’s pack a massive boost in coming years.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I waiting for this thread to get posted

Time we got a new pommy forward

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fk props we need a hooker that can pass and kick and centres that can run and tackle

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When do we ever sign the player we're rumoured to be getting?

What's the bet we show interest and start talks and then another club swoops in and gazumps us like usual?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
When do we ever sign the player we're rumoured to be getting?

What's the bet we show interest and start talks and then another club swoops in and gazumps us like usual?
I can't even remember a signing we talked about and got? Maybe Sharon?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Man it would be a good signature!! But god damn how many people have we been rumoured too. And it won’t be easy luring him here either .

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s all bs... the only way we land him is if he wants to play nrl and loves the dogs Hahahahah which I highly doubt. A lot of rich clubs in super league are chasing him and if he did decide to head down under im sure Souths or roosters will snap him up

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It’s all bs... the only way we land him is if he wants to play nrl and loves the dogs Hahahahah which I highly doubt. A lot of rich clubs in super league are chasing him and if he did decide to head down under im sure Souths or roosters will snap him up
Maybe Graham could vouch for us to him?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
After we kicked him to the curb, doubt it. If graham was still our captain I’d prob say we have a better chance... :(
Yeah I know, I think we would still love our club though or atleast I hope he does. Old mate back at St Helens no doubt would have kept an eye on Graham trail blazing with us??

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I know, I think we would still love our club though or atleast I hope he does. Old mate back at St Helens no doubt would have kept an eye on Graham trail blazing with us??
Mate I posted in another thread between flicking him and ennis our captains was the beginning of the end for us. Then when renoylds left it was the final straw. Graham till this day would prob love to still captain our side. He always spoke highly of the dogs and loved our club to bits.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this new board does is chase people.
Chases them off to other clubs.