BankWest Stadium

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Whenever the SFS is done, it should be shared by the Roosters, Souths, Saints, Tigers and us.. Cronulla and Manly fans don't travel so forget them...
Plus Warratah and Sydney FC games, I don't think it could handle the surface traffic.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Hon. Dr (Geoff) Geoffrey LEE, BAppSc(Hort), MBA, DBA MP
Member of the Legislative Assembly
Member for Parramatta
Minister for Skills and Tertiary Education
Member of the Liberal Party

Ms Sophie COTSIS, MP
Member Member of the Legislative Assembly
Member for Canterbury
Shadow Minister for Women, Shadow Minister for Multiculturalism, Shadow Minister for Ageing, and Shadow Minister for Disability Services
Member of the Australian Labor Party

Ms Tania MIHAILUK, BEc, LLB MP
Member Member of the Legislative Assembly
Member for Bankstown
Shadow Minister for Planning, Shadow Minister for Housing, and Shadow Minister for Family and Community Services
Member of the Australian Labor Party

A coincidence that Parramatta gets a stadium and Canterbury Bankstown doesn't, I don't think so.

Go Dogs
Its pretty simple to work out why Parra got upgraded. It had 2 teams in major professional comps playing out of it year round and is in a major CBD that is acessable to pretty much all of western Sydney. Compare that to Belmore which is used for 2 games a year and has limited access. Belmore will get nothing but maintainance costs spent on it from now on.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if the Wabbits don't move to Alliance once it is rebuilt and the light rail is finished. There will be a bidding war between the 2 stadiums to attract tenants, whichever deal is the more attractive.

Go Dogs
All the Stadiums will be managed by the same event company once they are complete so there won’t be any bidding war.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If it wasnt for the Wanderers, Parra wouldn't have a new Stadium.

Whats going on with that new A-League team next year, Macarthur Bulls or Rams or whatever the fuck it is? I presume they will be playing out of Campbelltown Stadium?

If they are successful in the next 3-5 years and have a steady crowd attendance, more than likely Campbelltown could be redeveloped and the Tigers will have a new Stadium.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Plus Warratah and Sydney FC games, I don't think it could handle the surface traffic.

Go Dogs
Not all of them full time. Especially with how much the Rugby games ruin the turf.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Its pretty simple to work out why Parra got upgraded. It had 2 teams in major professional comps playing out of it year round and is in a major CBD that is acessable to pretty much all of western Sydney. Compare that to Belmore which is used for 2 games a year and has limited access. Belmore will get nothing but maintainance costs spent on it from now on.
Or sold off, a wrecking ball, and 3 x 10 storey apartment blocks.

Belmore worked as a suburbian stadium many moons ago, but with housing right up to it (and one of few that have that), it'd never pass development proposals for major replacement/redesign.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Or sold off, a wrecking ball, and 3 x 10 storey apartment blocks.

Belmore worked as a suburbian stadium many moons ago, but with housing right up to it (and one of few that have that), it'd never pass development proposals for major replacement/redesign.

I see it now, and you're most likely right. Most modern cities have high density housing around train stations, more especially around metro stations

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it wasn’t for a league then parra would be playing in a park footy field. The club is a shit hole and you don’t win comps this early in the season. Parra have had there fair share of gun sides in the years and havnt won jack shit in what? Over 35 years or something lol.... let them have there stadium, the supporters need some sort positive from a season Hahahaha

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stadium looks amazing. Pity it’s wasted on a shit team. Does anyone know if memberships include our home game there in rd20 against Penrith?
51 - 6 doesn't look too shit to me. :blush:
Then you might be right because we only reamed you lot 36 - 16
Bulldogs #16 - STONE COLD MUTHALESS LAST!
*sigh* - NEVER lead with your chin.
They should pay YOU to go to any match with that record. :astonished::fearful::kissingheart::yum:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They should pay YOU to go to any match with that record. :astonished::fearful::kissingheart::yum:
You should be kept in the dark like a mushroom you muppet
April premiers again....
Where are you guys fitting all these early season premiership trophys

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How old are you mate?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Too easy, last premiership 1986, that's 33 years in the wilderness, oh the pain.
A record 14 times wooden spooners, almost double the next worst (unmerged) team.
Most recent, last year of course, hence the current wooden spoon holders.

Go Dogs

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Too easy, last premiership 1986, that's 33 years in the wilderness, oh the pain.
A record 14 times wooden spooners, almost double the next worst (unmerged) team.
Most recent, last year of course, hence the current wooden spoon holders.

Go Dogs
SEE - shows I am right - we got so many more trophies than any other team in the comp.
We have set the bar so low no one will ever get under it. :grinning:
The difference between Dogs and Eels is simple really - we have suffered the pain a lot longer than what you are going through and for so long we are numb and it doesn't hurt anymore, whereas you lot are new to this and now suffering big time, not knowing how to handle it.
Now about the record number of spoons - Wests accumulated 17 but it took them a lot longer to get there - so again we are superior in our efforts to get our 14 much quicker than they did.
Eels average a spoon every 5 years over 71 year history, but Wests averaged a spoon every 5 1/4 years over 90 years - WE WIN AGAIN!
Ole Drop Bear used to say - "You only think you know pain, I can tell you what pain is, I have been an Eels supporter for over 60 years."
I can tell you after last year the scars are still raw and panic every time we concede a try, just waiting for the team to give up and stop trying.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes Qld-Dog lol. That's why we knock it down and build a new one. Because it's a shit hole!!
Agree - both Belmore and Leichhardt should be rebuilt.
Great in their day, but that was before Noah ran his boat into a mountain.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
You should be kept in the dark like a mushroom you muppet
April premiers again....
Where are you guys fitting all these early season premiership trophys
Just look at my avatar - that should give you a hint. :|

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Old enough to be your Grand Father son. :astonished:
You must forget what it feels like to win a comp then. 33 year wait for a GF win. Must suck that your lot couldn’t even cheat properly. As bad as we’re going we will be back. Your lot. Cheat. Win spoons. You must be use to being let down. Time and time again the eels era begins. Like this era. The new stadium will bring you nothing but more pain and more spoons. Fuck off back to Parra with the rest of the scum supporters.

Number18

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Go on fox and find the show building giants.
The Atlanta falcons NFL team, Mercedes stadium.
Makes the bankwest stadium look like a stracto carport......