Reaction score
Wank west stadium
Wank best stadium
It’s only a stadium

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone see the bankwest food review on nrl.com? hope that chick comes with the price of a pie and coke

Could use that beast on my plow

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope we knockdown anz and start again
It’s being refurbished only. Original plan was for knock down rebuild with a roof that closed , but since jones got his way with SFS knockdown rebuild , ANZ changed to a refurbishment

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't mind the salt from our supporters, this stadium is awesome for league/soccer.
That's it!
It was nice of the wanderers to let Parra use their stadium today. That's what Im saying to my parra mates anyways.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They have Bankwest .. we have Belmore

We win..

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I would love for that to be our home. Happy to go back to ANZ once it's reconfigured into a rectangular stadium. Until then it would be great to call Bankwest home.
I agree entirely. It is such an awesome stadium, my only gripe is it should be at least 40-50k to future proof it, but eh, it is still awesome.

I hope we knockdown anz and start again
I wish. This was the original plan, but politics got in the way and now it is a refurb. My understanding is they will be doing sections at a time, taking out all of the seating then somehow bringing it closer, on a much steeper incline.
IMO it will be like polishing a turd. It will be better than it is now, sure, but it won't be a world class stadium. I wish we could just dump it entirely and play out of Bankwest. IMO Parra, us and the Tigers should all call that place home. Penrith too if they want. Sydney needs to move away from one stadium per team, that's a massive waste.

Why can’t we knockdown Belmore and build a new stadium?
There is no room. The place is fenced in by a train line and houses, so two ends are basically fked for space. You could rotate the field, but the sun would be in some teams eyes which is why stadiums are not built like that.

Plus even if you could fit a stadium there like Bankwest, can you imagine 30k people cramming into Belmore? It would be chaos. Parramatta, whilst being further away from the train station, has a lot more options and space to handle the people.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why wasn't the game at bankwest stadium on free to air tv today. The NRL and Ch9 should have shown it as it was the opening game at the showpiece stadium. As usual the AFL had a game on Ch7. That's why the AFL are streets ahead of the NRL in professionalism re the running of their code. Time for Greenturd to go and take Beattie with him.
They’ve sold their souls to the tv and betting agencies. There’s a reason why the Broncos get so many Friday night games.
The sad thing is the game will soon be dependent on them financially if they aren’t already and we know who’ll really be calling the shots.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
It would be nice to see what crowd we could get at belmore if we were actually playing well against a parra or stgeorge. Still has value imo

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
There is no room. The place is fenced in by a train line and houses, so two ends are basically fked for space. You could rotate the field, but the sun would be in some teams eyes which is why stadiums are not built like that.
The grandstand holds around 9k from memory, so an equivalent grandstand on the Campsie (Terry Lamb Hill) end would give ~30k capacity. Not many like watching a game from end on, so no big deal regarding the houses and train line. But if necessary Trains NSW are always open to selling the air space above train lines, so a small (say 5k) grandstand could be built there. That's 35k capacity at very little cost relative to the alternatives.

Plus even if you could fit a stadium there like Bankwest, can you imagine 30k people cramming into Belmore? It would be chaos.
I was there in 1993 with 28k others, no worse than with 15k, catch the train and walk less than 1/4 of the distance at Parramatta or catch a bus and get dropped at the door.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The grandstand holds around 9k from memory, so an equivalent grandstand on the Campsie (Terry Lamb Hill) end would give ~30k capacity. Not many like watching a game from end on, so no big deal regarding the houses and train line. But if necessary Trains NSW are always open to selling the air space above train lines, so a small (say 5k) grandstand could be built there. That's 35k capacity at very little cost relative to the alternatives.
They cant even get the multicultural centre they want to build fully funded so how will they get more grand stands funded? It's a pipe dream that will never happen.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bankwest stadium will cement Parra’s future in the game.

Alliance will do the same thing for the Roosters.

IMO Sides without genuine home grounds future is at stake. I hope ANZ is massively redesigned for footy fans and we need to claim it

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
They cant even get the multicultural centre they want to build fully funded so how will they get more grand stands funded? It's a pipe dream that will never happen.
The Hon. Dr (Geoff) Geoffrey LEE, BAppSc(Hort), MBA, DBA MP
Member of the Legislative Assembly
Member for Parramatta
Minister for Skills and Tertiary Education
Member of the Liberal Party

Ms Sophie COTSIS, MP
Member Member of the Legislative Assembly
Member for Canterbury
Shadow Minister for Women, Shadow Minister for Multiculturalism, Shadow Minister for Ageing, and Shadow Minister for Disability Services
Member of the Australian Labor Party

Ms Tania MIHAILUK, BEc, LLB MP
Member Member of the Legislative Assembly
Member for Bankstown
Shadow Minister for Planning, Shadow Minister for Housing, and Shadow Minister for Family and Community Services
Member of the Australian Labor Party

A coincidence that Parramatta gets a stadium and Canterbury Bankstown doesn't, I don't think so.

Go Dogs

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am not claiming that the alternative is workable, but I don't understand why everyone writes off a rebuilt Belmore as a stadium solution. What if the Sydney Metro (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sydney_Metro) changes the equation? I don't know if the replacement of the heavy rail is going to involve a reclaim of some land behind BSG, but even if it doesn't, a well working Metro might improve accessibility to the station?

But realistically, with the WestConnex work in and around Sydenham, and within striking range of a now hub train station of Wolli Creek, a new stadium for sharing between the Dragons and Bulldogs would be the right approach.

It's great. I'm jealous.
I agree.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Getting our own stadium should be the ultimate goal and Oasis falling through was devastating.

But it's just not very likely, especially with how much political wrangling has hampered all of the funding for all stadiums.

Add to that the logistical nightmare that Belmore would be to develop and how low on the list of any government it would be, and it's never going to happen.

We should just move there permanently as soon as possible. We'd get bigger crowds than Parra fans and as Gareth said, Wests and Penrith should play most games there as well. If they ever finish the train upgrade out there, then it will be even easier to get to the games.

Whenever the SFS is done, it should be shared by the Roosters, Souths, Saints, Tigers and us.. Cronulla and Manly fans don't travel so forget them...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Alliance will do the same thing for the Roosters.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Wabbits don't move to Alliance once it is rebuilt and the light rail is finished. There will be a bidding war between the 2 stadiums to attract tenants, whichever deal is the more attractive.

Go Dogs