My view of the future

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
How would you guys feel if we were relocated? I can see the nrl going all lovey dovey with a relocated team, allowing them to run riot like Melbourne!
Adelaide bulldogs (it’s where I’m moving)!
I’ll be the first member signed up

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think we have the right any longer to say "we are a power house". Yes we were but we are not any longer I'm afraid.

To be honest the best thing that could happen to us and RL as a whole (looked after teams excluded offcourse) would be another Super League clean out of all the leeches. We are pushing shite up hill in an unfair biased dictatorship of a sport and we will not be allowed to succeed. This is why there needs to be a clean out.

No-one of any already noted calibre as a player wants anything to do with us it would seem. The amount of No's would support this I think. Hasler showed the door or closed the door to anyone with any talent which lost us our next generation of success. This forces us into the type of rebuild we have, from the ground up. Obviously we will lose anything that looks good along the way to clubs who are within the circle like the Roosters who are able to just buy their success.

Although I think the new Board etc have improved things I think we need a ruthless leader who will no longer bend over to the powers that be. I'm talking a person who will take the NRL to court, who will sue the media, someone who will take back the respect and fear from the league and make us strong again and an entity not to be fuked with.

As it stands we are "outside the circle" as the Jack Burns would say!
I gave it away at super league, was just over the whole thing. I agree with alot of what you say, especially drawing quality players. One thing to note - Brisbane have advantages. They've had Bennet for years and now Seibold. They look shot and nothing like the dominating club they where 10+ years ago. Just like us theyve only won 1 game this years. Im confident with time we'll bounce back.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some really good/valid points in this thread.
Also a bit of nonsense.

I've stated before, the media hammer every club who are rubbish.
We are hands down the most rubbish team in the comp (just look at our for and against, it's straight up embarrassing)
If we were on top of the ladder we would be getting praised.
Even Locky, Gould and a few others sang our praises when we had a go against the Storm and didn't even win.

We are a dog's breakfast on and off the field. We let the most dynamic and soon to be the best hooker in the world leave and we stuck by the worse hooker I have ever seen in my life.I mean I hadn't even heard of a hooker who can't pass properly before Lichaa. This alone is diabolical. Not to mention our retention/recruitment, board fighting, treatment of Hasler/players etc. Of course this is a good story, it's fucking absurd.

I don't disagree whith letting Mbye, Reynolds, Woods go (for the record they were and never will be superstars or marquee players) but wasn't the best look for the club even though it was the right one. Australian's and the Australian media have always had an opinion on everyone and love commenting on the misfortune of others.

It's been said that Bulldogs have been down before, but not like this.
Well I'm talking from 1980. I can never remember us missing the finals three years in a row with no way out. I was always confident we'd bounce back the next year and we always did. This is definitely different and now we have a salary cap to contend with as well. In some ways it seems like we're digging ourselves deeper and deeper.

My main concern is this rebuilding phase and excuse. It lowers expectations and provides the club with a massive cop out. To seemingly give up and throw your hands in the air is absolutely disgraceful for a professional organisation.
On that note how are we rebuilding?

Let's look at Pay's buys..
Nappa-Ok to good
CHN-OK to good
Meaney-Pass at the moment
Cogger-Prepared to give him more time but wouldn't really say he's a Pass at the moment
Sue-Flop
Crichton-Flop
Lichaa-Nothing more to be said about his guy

We are also looking at Bevan French and apparently Granville. This is not the approach I would take to rebuild. This actually looks like the way to remain cellar dwellers.

My main concern is, what happens if we get the rebuild all wrong? We then need to rebuild again..

I would be throwing massive money to Bellamy on a ten to fifteen year contract with huge incentives for results (GM Football manager when he's had enough of coaching) (double ehat he is getting paid now if need be)

I would be going after Cook and I would be going after Munster. Then we would be heading in the right direction.

Before you say anything about contracts they are not worth the paper they're written on.
Just ask CBFC and David Klemmer as well as the Tigers/Souths/Brisbane/Panthers in a coaching capacity.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish we had our own 40000 seat steep seating angle covered stadium, if we are so rich then why can't our club and the state government put their heads together and build our own and that means NOT BELMORE thank you very much.
We need our own modern home somewhere between Belmore and Liverpool, surely there is some land available with a railway station not too far away?
I am Jealous of the Eels TBH.
Eels have won shit, busted cheating the cap (like us) yet they get to have a second brand new stadium! What's going on?????

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mate I got strong word he signed with us and was set on coming. He backed out the last day of his cooling off period because, listen to this..... minichello has a few brother to brother words with him and he done a back flip. Let me tell you I highly doubt it was just words, a shit load more money was used but also the premiership word got him over the line. Uncle nick is very persuasive and not just with his money. He is a very smart man
Lol..not the first time Teddy back flipped. He is just a money man, plain and simple...prostitutes himself to the highest bidder even after agreeing to terms and then reneges on the last day of the cooling off period. Try and tell me that the Tigers didn't have a change of heart and update their offer which was 150k less than Canberra....and that the offer from the Roosters was more than just words....

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol..not the first time Teddy back flipped. He is just a money man, plain and simple...prostitutes himself to the highest bidder even after agreeing to terms and then reneges on the last day of the cooling off period. Try and tell me that the Tigers didn't have a change of heart and update their offer which was 150k less than Canberra....and that the offer from the Roosters was more than just words....
Lol spot on... the kid is all about money and he really wanted to win a premiership and good on him.... he made the right choice. But you just can’t deny In his current form he is worth every dollar.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lol spot on... the kid is all about money and he really wanted to win a premiership and good on him.... he made the right choice. But you just can’t deny In his current form he is worth every dollar.
It all depends who he has around him too and you would be mad to think that the Roosters roster is not worth a packet....Couple of million dollar players plus plenty on very good coin...but all under the cap of course..

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I wish we had our own 40000 seat steep seating angle covered stadium, if we are so rich then why can't our club and the state government put their heads together and build our own and that means NOT BELMORE thank you very much.
We need our own modern home somewhere between Belmore and Liverpool, surely there is some land available with a railway station not too far away?
I am Jealous of the Eels TBH.
Don't be jealous of those dirty sluts... cheated the cap for years and sucked ass doing so. They only had success in the 80s (well we did to)... Parra are just lucky WSW are in the a-league otherwise I doubt this happens

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
How long is a piece of string.

I watched Mitchell Moses destroy a woeful tigers today. He’s all class and if Parra shelled out 650k for him that’s a bargain.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How long is a piece of string.

I watched Mitchell Moses destroy a woeful tigers today. He’s all class and if Parra shelled out 650k for him that’s a bargain.
Is he the one that Tedsco wanted to come with as a package? Because hasler said no, like he said no to latrell and Munster! Hasler needs to take the biggest blame for the shit we're in we should sue him, he does have two premierships, with a good lawyer we could take both of them off him!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is he the one that Tedsco wanted to come with as a package? Because hasler said no, like he said no to latrell and Munster! Hasler needs to take the biggest blame for the shit we're in we should sue him, he does have two premierships, with a good lawyer we could take both of them off him!
We just need to work on a hitlist. The franchise player Pay is talking about is playing first grade right now.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Munster was interviewed recently and said the dogs did put an offer in....he was deliberating between whether to join the storm or the dogs....so hasler must have said yes

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard Mitchell Moses was roosters bound

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Also a bit of nonsense.

We are hands down the most rubbish team in the comp (just look at our for and against, it's straight up embarrassing)
Even Locky, Gould and a few others sang our praises when we had a go against the Storm and didn't even win.

We are a dog's breakfast on and off the field. We let the most dynamic and soon to be the best hooker in the world leave and we stuck by the worse hooker I have ever seen in my life.I mean I hadn't even heard of a hooker who can't pass properly before Lichaa. This alone is diabolical. Not to mention our retention/recruitment, board fighting, treatment of Hasler/players etc. Of course this is a good story, it's fucking absurd.

I don't disagree whith letting Mbye, Reynolds, Woods go (for the record they were and never will be superstars or marquee players) but wasn't the best look for the club even though it was the right one. Australian's and the Australian media have always had an opinion on everyone and love commenting on the misfortune of others.

Well I'm talking from 1980. I can never remember us missing the finals three years in a row with no way out. I was always confident we'd bounce back the next year and we always did. This is definitely different and now we have a salary cap to contend with as well. In some ways it seems like we're digging ourselves deeper and deeper.

My main concern is this rebuilding phase and excuse. It lowers expectations and provides the club with a massive cop out. To seemingly give up and throw your hands in the air is absolutely disgraceful for a professional organisation.

Nappa-Ok to good
CHN-OK to good
Cogger-Prepared to give him more time but wouldn't really say he's a Pass at the moment
Sue-Flop
Crichton-Flop

We are also looking at Bevan French and apparently Granville. This is not the approach I would take to rebuild. This actually looks like the way to remain cellar dwellers.

My main concern is, what happens if we get the rebuild all wrong? We then need to rebuild again..

I would be throwing massive money to Bellamy on a ten to fifteen year contract with huge incentives for results (GM Football manager when he's had enough of coaching) (double ehat he is getting paid now if need be)

I would be going after Cook and I would be going after Munster. Then we would be heading in the right direction.

Before you say anything about contracts they are not worth the paper they're written on.
Just ask CBFC and David Klemmer as well as the Tigers/Souths/Brisbane/Panthers in a coaching capacity.
What a superb post, could agree any more. Spot on with everything you state.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks mate I have spent too many sleepless nights thinking about this..

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also a bit of nonsense.

Nappa-Ok to good
CHN-OK to good
Sue-Flop
Crichton-Flop

Totally agree... you basically summed up what I was trying to say. People are almost confident this rebuild will get us a premiership but there isn’t any way of knowing 100% it’s the right direction. If you think about it it’s a very low percentage chance of it actually working out. Why not go on a different alternative and something a bit more less risk and chase the people you mentioned. Buying a French etc isn’t going to win you jack shit.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I would be going after Cook
Unless you are talking about resurrecting Captain James Cook and offering him a contract, FORGET IT.

Absolutely dreaming if you think that Cook (on an $900k a season + TPAs contract for 5 years ending 2023), is going to leave Souffs anytime soon.