My view of the future

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with this thread but to be honest I cant take much more of this going round in circles. We keep talking about the same things each week for years now but nothing ever changes because the club we support keeps making bad decisions year after year.

Instead I'm going to eat myself into a chocolate coma to suppress my depression and hope that I don't come out of it until the club is a premiership contender. Which will be about three years at least...

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m starting to agree that the coach may need to be the first position filled. Buy whatever top line coach is available at the end of dean pays tenure and let them work with the young crop we have while also attracting the experienced first graders we require

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan May be the only high profile coach available... do we really wanna go down that path?

Bringing over Des in 2012 was considered a huge coup at the time and ultimately put our club back 10 years with only 2 GF appearances to show for it

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be patient everything works in cycles dogs always been a team that goes through high and lows we always come back that’s how we always been this time yes it’s been a lean decade but we’ve been in two gfs although we always manage a premiership atleast once a decade just hang in good times will return remember lots of teams are crap and stay crap we just don’t we are Canterbury

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m my view.. patients is the only key at the moment , it’s hard of corse but we are at rock bottom, can’t get any lower And the only way is UP !!! Unlike the other teams who are at the top, the only way is down!! And they will fall from grace soon Enough.. and it will really suck to be a supporter of those clubs when they finally tumble an we climb..

Rocks an diamonds etc etc , being a doggies supporter is excellent, the glory days will be apon us soon An the wait will
Be worth it (gold) ..!!

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my view which leads to my humble opinion, we are fucked

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ther are very few teams with the ‘resources’ to do what the roosters do.
IMO, the way forward is to build a team, with great youngsters, who hopefully become tight and hang around long enough to reap the rewards.
The ‘04 team was a perfect example of how this concept can work.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep hence why the embarrassing comment I made, some of the worst decisions in the last decade has been the Des errors. Almost signing Tedesco, cook isn’t a good player, no to Mitch etc etc can keep going and going... what ticks me off the most is the offloading of not 1 but 2 of our captains and neither wanted to leave
At least we had Mitch Brown for a while.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan May be the only high profile coach available... do we really wanna go down that path?

Bringing over Des in 2012 was considered a huge coup at the time and ultimately put our club back 10 years with only 2 GF appearances to show for it
Only if he brings in the peptides!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you guys feel if we were relocated? I can see the nrl going all lovey dovey with a relocated team, allowing them to run riot like Melbourne!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't think we have the right any longer to say "we are a power house". Yes we were but we are not any longer I'm afraid.

To be honest the best thing that could happen to us and RL as a whole (looked after teams excluded offcourse) would be another Super League clean out of all the leeches. We are pushing shite up hill in an unfair biased dictatorship of a sport and we will not be allowed to succeed. This is why there needs to be a clean out.

No-one of any already noted calibre as a player wants anything to do with us it would seem. The amount of No's would support this I think. Hasler showed the door or closed the door to anyone with any talent which lost us our next generation of success. This forces us into the type of rebuild we have, from the ground up. Obviously we will lose anything that looks good along the way to clubs who are within the circle like the Roosters who are able to just buy their success.

Although I think the new Board etc have improved things I think we need a ruthless leader who will no longer bend over to the powers that be. I'm talking a person who will take the NRL to court, who will sue the media, someone who will take back the respect and fear from the league and make us strong again and an entity not to be fuked with.

As it stands we are "outside the circle" as the Jack Burns would say!

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How would you guys feel if we were relocated? I can see the nrl going all lovey dovey with a relocated team, allowing them to run riot like Melbourne!
No way.... wouldn't feel right.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Relocating would be the last straw for me.
Can you imagine this being the NRLs agenda ? If they keep us down long enough this may get some traction.

Possible they try and move us to an area where there are less wogs... living on the GC a lot of people consider us the wog club and even heard a few racists refer to it as the Muslim club.

Not too far fetched I reckon Considering how they link us to everything bad.... remember "bulldog and a bomb" ffs?

The more I think about it there could be something brewing... just look at how much negative media coverage we get over anything we do... looks like there's a never ending smear campaign against us...

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are going through tuff times and yes it suxs but we have to be careful how we rebuild , we have to trust the people in charge have patience and hope they don't make mistakes like other clubs have done going through this period .

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Even though it will take years to get the club right. By giving as many juniors a shot, it gives you a fair indication of where we stand and who we need to recruit.
Most of this team will not be there in the future if we recruit properly, akin to Newcastle. I think they have only 4-5 players left before their recruitment drive.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can you imagine this being the NRLs agenda ? If they keep us down long enough this may get some traction.

Possible they try and move us to an area where there are less wogs... living on the GC a lot of people consider us the wog club and even heard a few racists refer to it as the Muslim club.

Not too far fetched I reckon Considering how they link us to everything bad.... remember "bulldog and a bomb" ffs?

The more I think about it there could be something brewing... just look at how much negative media coverage we get over anything we do... looks like there's a never ending smear campaign against us...
I dont know if I could imagine that being the NRL's agenda. I dont usually do conspiracy theory. In saying that, when I see things like Inglis getting a court reference, when I see the Roosters line up anything could be possible. As for the Media I dont really care what they say anymore, nor do I care what other people think about us. I wont pay a cent for a newspaper or read one sitting on a table at work just on principle. Becoming dominant again is all that matters and will be a big f**k you to all of them.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wish we had our own 40000 seat steep seating angle covered stadium, if we are so rich then why can't our club and the state government put their heads together and build our own and that means NOT BELMORE thank you very much.
We need our own modern home somewhere between Belmore and Liverpool, surely there is some land available with a railway station not too far away?
I am Jealous of the Eels TBH.