Aviation Thread

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
UK has followed Australia's lead and have banned all Max's coming in, out and over the UK.

Just ground them all, FFS.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
US will now ground all 737 Maxs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That's pretty much every major country grounding them.

I've kinda missed it but how popular are the 737 Max's and where did they sit amongst like A380s/747/737-800s?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's pretty much every major country grounding them.

I've kinda missed it but how popular are the 737 Max's and where did they sit amongst like A380s/747/737-800s?
The Maxs are just the newer version of the 737-1/2/3/4/5/7/8/900s. They're comparable to the A320 and nowhere near the 747/A380s (widebodies). They say there's a 737 taking off somewhere in the world every 3 seconds. Virtually every airliner in the world uses them and/or the A320.

Pilots, apparently, have been complaining about the Maxs saying there's too much technology in it creating a greater chance for error. Apparently, the plane's nose would pitch down in autopilot and Boeing were well aware of it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The Maxs are just the newer version of the 737-1/2/3/4/5/7/8/900s. They're comparable to the A320 and nowhere near the 747/A380s (widebodies). They say there's a 737 taking off somewhere in the world every 3 seconds. Virtually every airliner in the world uses them and/or the A320.

Pilots, apparently, have been complaining about the Maxs saying there's too much technology in it creating a greater chance for error. Apparently, the plane's nose would pitch down in autopilot and Boeing were well aware of it.
Ahh so most of them would be used for short haul flights?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ahh so most of them would be used for short haul flights?
Yeah, they would be. It's lucky most airliners don't have a large amount of the Maxs otherwise they'd be screwed.

For instance, Southwest Airline's entire fleet are 737s, they have 750 of them, but only 34 of them are the Maxs.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Bird strike on take off.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I saw that today, fkn low as.

Plus did you see the attack chopper with 2 big arse missiles? Followed it about 20 mins after. Looked like an apache.

Both times I missed out on a photo.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Plus did you see the attack chopper with 2 big arse missiles? Followed it about 20 mins after. Looked like an apache.

Few black hawks flying in formation over umina the other day must be training it looked awesome thought

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

That was the Australian Army Eurocopter Tiger: https://www.army.gov.au/our-work/equipment-and-clothing/aviation/eurocopter-tiger
Funny thing is our Air Force don't have helicopters at all :grinning:

The Tigers look awesome but nothing beats the Army Blackhawks ... f**king awesome and imposing beasts they are.

Speaking of Eurocopters, Polair 4 (EC135 P2e) was floating around as well today.
http://scanradionsw.blogspot.com/2017/06/nice-photo-polair-4.html

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That was the Australian Army Eurocopter Tiger: https://www.army.gov.au/our-work/equipment-and-clothing/aviation/eurocopter-tiger
Funny thing is our Air Force don't have helicopters at all :grinning:

The Tigers look awesome but nothing beats the Army Blackhawks ... f**king awesome and imposing beasts they are.

Speaking of Eurocopters, Polair 4 (EC135 P2e) was floating around as well today.
http://scanradionsw.blogspot.com/2017/06/nice-photo-polair-4.html
Bro, the cop helos are called Ghetto Birds, I see 2 or 3 a night in Blacktown lol

PS the helo had missiles on each side, which why I thought it was an apache. Plus it looked wider than the Eurocopter.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I normally go every year with family but won't be going this year. The F/A-18 and C-17 (which wasn't there last year) are worth the price of admission alone. And the tours of the super constellation and 747.
Dude up this early the sleepless nights must’ve kicked in already?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I normally go every year with family but won't be going this year. The F/A-18 and C-17 (which wasn't there last year) are worth the price of admission alone. And the tours of the super constellation and 747.
I get to see it for free in NW Sydney when shes at Richmond.

Not the F18 though!