Opinion 2020

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You can't be serious ,Martin would be the last Player I would be letting go he will develop into a great player & he will be the one to break Cam Smith's record & bring the tittle back to Belmore
He's 26 years old

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Definitely don't think Melbourne are cheating the cap.
I'd almost go as far as saying that us and Storm are the only ones not cheating the cap as both clubs were caught and severely punished.
They are just a lot more astute than us at the moment.
Perhaps it’s because they don’t have to, as a one city team they have huge TPA access. Plus the players can hide anonymously down there as no one cares. They could hold a midday dick swinging contest in Burke St and the Melbourne media wouldn’t even bother to cover it.

Go Dogs

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our problems are many and varied, we should never underestimate the affect the media have on the public. Much of the media is dead said against us, Castles did say at a fan forum that a news paper executive told her that if his paper printed any bad news about our club his paper would sell an extra 40,000 copies.
(1) The perception players have of our club affects both recruitment and retention, we all want to sign this player or that, but it appears that no one of repute wants to come here, and some of our players appear to wan't to go elsewhere as soon as a opportunity arises eg Klemmer, and many before him. The previous Admin and to some extent the current one have made panic decisions as a result. Foran Woods Lichea Sue and probably a few more.
(2) Some times we get some good calls from the referees, but more importantly we get some very bad calls at crucial times, bad calls will always drain players energy particularly when they are fatigued.
Over all we are also having the luck of the Irish, we all know that Foran is only 1 good game away from another extended spell as soon as he gets back, the loss of Napa hurts, it would great for our club if RFM and To-omaga were playing to the ability (which I believe they both have).

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
On the assumption that the following players are moved on at the end of the year - lichaa, montoya, saddler, tualau, okunbor, olive, harper - the club will at the very least have freed up places in the top 30 even if not a significant amount of money. Hopefully their talent id will be better.

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Rapana/Oates and a decent hooker and we can at least compete for sneaking into the 8 next year. We need an exciting back. Rapana is the answer there. Hooker options are disappearing fast. Fainu only one left that would fit in well.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We really need a good 80 min hooker and another prop to fix up our forward pack.

We would improve our attack immensely with a gun centre like latrel and a fast winger that can catch...
That’s what the good teams have. A centre like Mitch who creates something from nothing and takes pressure off his halves.

Everytime we are attacking our halves get the blame for lack of points which is fair enough that’s what they are there for but if you watch closely other sides, they have attacking weapons across the park who create opportunities when the halves have nothing.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rapana/Oates and a decent hooker and we can at least compete for sneaking into the 8 next year. We need an exciting back. Rapana is the answer there. Hooker options are disappearing fast. Fainu only one left that would fit in well.
In my opinion I would try to find a pair of descent attacking halves & move Lewis to hooker, he can play for 80mins, is an amazing defender, & a good ball player with a good passing game.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The thing that worries me is that this time next year I'm going to read a thread titled 2021.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can't be serious ,Martin would be the last Player I would be letting go he will develop into a great player & he will be the one to break Cam Smith's record & bring the tittle back to Belmore
Doubt it my tip next to get near smiths record Cleary

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lewis is a lock
He’s got the mongrel that can lift a team, but you might be right, he’s more of a Jason Smith, Jim Dymock kind of player rather than a Shifty. He’s not crafty enough to make a play from nothing

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths and the raiders now have 13’s who have some footwork and ball playing ability rather then just another prop. Rhys Martin can fill this role as could Jacko so I think these 2 along with CHN need to be our back row as skill wise we can add more and more variety. Jacko has been great playing 13 so why not keep him permanent in the role

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s got the mongrel that can lift a team, but you might be right, he’s more of a Jason Smith, Jim Dymock kind of player rather than a Shifty. He’s not crafty enough to make a play from nothing
Agree needs to bulk up though but definitely a lock

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't he like 28 years old???

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sign 2 players for next year would turn us to at least top 8 for next year. Aiden Sezer and Jordan Rapana.

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Holland
4. Hoppa
5. Rapana
6. Foran
7. Sezer (gk)
8. Ogden
9. Jmk
10. Napa
11. Rfm
12. Chn
13. Jackson (c)

14. Lewis
15. Tolman
16. Danny. F
17. Elliott

Very doable. Sezer playing nsw cup. Rapana off contract. Much bigger stronger aggressive starting pack. Holland smith combo back again. Experience in the havles.

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On November 1st I would offer Jayden Brailey a 3 year deal he couldn’t refuse. The fact that his brother just signed a 3 year extension with the sharks means we may be able to negotiate an early release and get him for next year.