TripleM Dylan Edwards and Dean Whare

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hes not starting at the dragons so would be more of a chance than you think
Just because he's not playing NRL now doesn't mean they don't have him in their long term plans.

They just re-signed him last and he is a gun. The Dragons are in a lot better position then us and have depth so they can blood their kids slowly.

They would punt Aitken or Lafai before Lomax.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just because he's not playing NRL now doesn't mean they don't have him in their long term plans.

They just re-signed him last and he is a gun. The Dragons are in a lot better position then us and have depth so they can blood their kids slowly.

They would punt Aitken or Lafai before Lomax.
But they haven’t they are picking them ahead of him

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Edwards is a top talent, he has struggled this year but he has a lot of potential. I like Meaney though not sure if I’d go for him.

Yes to Whare though, exactly what we need.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are in a desperate situation and not in a position to attract players of our preference.

Acquiring Whare would be a huge plus and strengthen that problematic left side. He is a proven first grader and has got very good defence. Greg Inglis said he was toughest defender he had come up against.

This backline doesn't look so bad.

Meaney
Smith
Holland
Whare
Hoppa

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whare please and Holland can take lichaa bench spot how good was Holland in dummy half last year it worked so well don’t know why pay changed it

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need to develop our own, I like Edwards
Why do people think we are going to develop our own (premiership) team. It ain’t gonna happen. Even the very best, in all codes, recruit.
It becomes an even more useless argument when you see our juniors.
Yes, we need players of Edwards / Whare standard to get us through the next 2-3 years

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We can make Kotoni Staggs an offer starting this November. Broncos have stated they want James Roberts long term and Jack Bird is locked in so there’s really no excuse for us to not offer a future gun overs

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A big no for Edwards, rather keep Meaney and watch him get better An develop his FB spot, whare would be an alright pick up short term. But I still think we need to look elsewhere..!!

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn't say no to either of them, in particular Whare. He's one of the best centres in the game.
Edwards had massive wraps and it was interesting that he got dropped after a couple of bad games.
Question is who do we release and who would want our scraps?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We can make Kotoni Staggs an offer starting this November. Broncos have stated they want James Roberts long term and Jack Bird is locked in so there’s really no excuse for us to not offer a future gun overs
100%

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The thing with Edwards is he isn’t really a ball playing fullback and he’s small. I’d rather stick with Meaney and Edwards is too small for a winger. I’d take Whare for a couple of seasons.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Just think of it this way... full strength right edge of:
Foran, CHN, Whare, Smith. Would be our most effective side to attack in a few seasons

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whare is a great player when not injured.. I'd roll the dice on him .. what have we got to loose.. we desperately need a centre..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We should go for either xerri (the coach talking about putting him on wing) lomax/staggs surely we could nab one of them plus christian welch is off contract also that jarome luai is in reserves for Penrith hes a gun

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We should go for either xerri (the coach talking about putting him on wing) lomax/staggs surely we could nab one of them plus christian welch is off contract also that jarome luai is in reserves for Penrith hes a gun
We should have signed Luai last year instead of Cogger when he was off contract

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We are in a desperate situation and not in a position to attract players of our preference.

Acquiring Whare would be a huge plus and strengthen that problematic left side. He is a proven first grader and has got very good defence. Greg Inglis said he was toughest defender he had come up against.

This backline doesn't look so bad.

Meaney
Smith
Holland
Whare
Hoppa
Totally agree definitely worth a try