No Source Bevan French to sign with bulldogs

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Would rather sign Corey Thompson if we are scraping the bottom of the barrel

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As someone else said you could move smith to center. But it would just be a depth signing at this stage to keep Montoya further away from FG in case of injury. As long as he’s cheap it’s all good.
I said Smith to centre last yr with Harper on the other side. Two lanky awkward tough defending centre's has a nice ring to it.

If the thought is throw French on a wing then why not considering Meaney is growing game by game.

Would be working overtime to get Hoppa out the door... Hopefully manly would consider a return.

All I know is we will be close to the quickest backlines in the comp.

Meaney
Okunbor
Harper
Smith
French

That's effin quick.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I agree with what you write B09 BUT this has nothing to do with your post.
My eyesight is poor and only recently I received great glasses and, may I say, your avatar made me laugh so hard!
Thanks brother! :D

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I said Smith to centre last yr with Harper on the other side. Two lanky awkward tough defending centre's has a nice ring to it.

If the thought is throw French on a wing then why not considering Meaney is growing game by game.

Would be working overtime to get Hoppa out the door... Hopefully manly would consider a return.

All I know is we will be close to the quickest backlines in the comp.

Meaney
Okunbor
Harper
Smith
French

That's effin quick.
Hoppa has been one of our better players and is signed till end of 2020 from memory. If you lose Meaney to injury there is no decent replacement.

Harper is struggling BIG TIME and has been overtaken by Katoa, and possibly even Kuresa and Lemuleu (sp?). Don't know what the deal is with the guy ... maybe its that he can no longer use his massive frame to trample Flegg players, but he's been shocking this year.

French has errors in him but is a quality finisher, safe under the high ball, and with pace to burn. If he comes at a good price and for the right reasons, why not make a play.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hoppa has been one of our better players and is signed till end of 2020 from memory. If you lose Meaney to injury there is no decent replacement.

Harper is struggling BIG TIME and has been overtaken by Katoa, and possibly even Kuresa and Lemuleu (sp?). Don't know what the deal is with the guy ... maybe its that he can no longer use his massive frame to trample Flegg players, but he's been shocking this year.

French has errors in him but is a quality finisher, safe under the high ball, and with pace to burn. If he comes at a good price and for the right reasons, why not make a play.
French is a flop. No winger in the history of the game has made 0 metres in a game, barring Bevan French

He is another Mbye who goes missing and is disinterested for 75min of a game.

If we are looking at small framed French type of signings, we would get a lot more value and heart from a player like Corey Thompson who is off contract this year

pijk

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldogs are after him for mid season switch as he is requesting a release.
sounds like what i heard about quaid cooper from the rugby was coming mid season, i think these are both dud reports we have sweet fa in funds lol, intersting if cooper does come but we can do far better with any money we may have atm than to purchase cooper who is almost at the end of his playing life and hasn't played a game of league, interesting to see how that experiment goes if it happens, and French well we don't need him we need a good hooker to teach lichaa if lichaa is staying at the club, and get us some good go forward we need to release Foran and have Lewis at 7 and Cogger at 6, I know Lichaa isn't everyone's favorite nor mine but if the dogs are persistent with keeping him he needs to learn off someone who knows how to play hooker and has experience.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread scares me we are not that desperate are we , he is fast but that's about it and there are a lot of up coming players that I would rather take a gamble on.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lomax didnt get a run tonight. Hes blocked at dragons dogs should send some feelers out
I don’t see him getting a spot off Lafai or Aiken unless injuries to their backline. We should look into getting him if possible.

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We need some depth in the outside backs.
If anyone gets injured Montoya comes back in...
Holland dropped, Smith and Hoppa as the centres, French and Okunbur on the wings.
Please no not montoya