News Bulldogs half Lachlan Lewis reveals sledge that ignited running battle with Rabbitohs skipper

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s amazing how many half backs we have on the kennel fukn lol
and by the looks of it youre the immortal of all halfbacks?

The kid has ticker no doubt. But to suggest a kid who is 1.91m, 90kgs and still growing, is a half, its quite obvious you have never played in the halves

E320coupe

Waterboy
Reaction score
hes gunna end up at the broncos at some point surely
Its not his fault. He has a good face for TV and as a result Channel 9 want his face on the screen. I personally think he defended like a seasoned 1st grader last night and he did this time and time again close to the line and to be honest he's done it a lot this year.

It disappoints me how many people on the forum stick it to our new and up and coming young guys. If Lewis had of been walked over by Burgess then theres no doubt he would be copping it big time from many on this forum. The fact that he stood up to a professional long standing prop and captain who has over 20 kilos on him should applauded. This is not going to be a top 8 year but I am pretty sure by the end of this season we will be seeing a much better, more cohesive and experienced team and this will provide us a much more positive 2020. Once we are able to add a marquee player or two our fortunes will change. Oh and BTW, no Nappa and Foran last night plus a lot of very shitty calls against us. Lets get behind the team because they deserve it.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just put a media ban on our team until we fkn win a game

Good effort but we still took an L

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
and by the looks of it youre the immortal of all halfbacks?

The kid has ticker no doubt. But to suggest a kid who is 1.91m, 90kgs and still growing, is a half, its quite obvious you have never played in the halves
So what position should he be? And don't say centre because he has no speed or footwork

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Believe me Lahlan...You made him look like a fly running into a Mack Truck !!!
He was whinging like a BITCH !!!
100% whinging non stop to Bennett probably put him up to going to the media about it.

Bloody sook

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I like the fuck you attitude Lachlan brings to the team. He still makes a shitload of errors and creates little but I’m prepared to be patient.

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So what position should he be? And don't say centre because he has no speed or footwork
Has some great attributes but...
Not a running threat so never going to be a class centre.
Not a natural ball playing half or organiser and i cant see that changing.
His defensive ability suggests he is capable of having a decent career but i think needs to put on 10kg and become an edge player or ball playing lock or forget about NRL.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh old puppy, so true mate. The kid is a keeper. In a firing team the kid would be having a field day out there.
Of corse he’s a keeper.!!! Prince Lewy..

Imagine how big the smile will be when he’s winning games lol, if it can get any bigger :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Its not his fault. He has a good face for TV and as a result Channel 9 want his face on the screen. I personally think he defended like a seasoned 1st grader last night and he did this time and time again close to the line and to be honest he's done it a lot this year.

It disappoints me how many people on the forum stick it to our new and up and coming young guys. If Lewis had of been walked over by Burgess then theres no doubt he would be copping it big time from many on this forum. The fact that he stood up to a professional long standing prop and captain who has over 20 kilos on him should applauded. This is not going to be a top 8 year but I am pretty sure by the end of this season we will be seeing a much better, more cohesive and experienced team and this will provide us a much more positive 2020. Once we are able to add a marquee player or two our fortunes will change. Oh and BTW, no Nappa and Foran last night plus a lot of very shitty calls against us. Lets get behind the team because they deserve it.
Thanks for the novel but I'm not reading it... seems a big rant for what I said.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has some great attributes but...
Not a running threat so never going to be a class centre.
Not a natural ball playing half or organiser and i cant see that changing.
His defensive ability suggests he is capable of having a decent career but i think needs to put on 10kg and become an edge player or ball playing lock or forget about NRL.
Definitely he isn't a halfback

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The best sledge he could have fired at Sam is "What does Russell taste like when you kiss your mum on the cheek?"

The Lewis problem is similar to last years problems. We have nobody organising in the halves and instead two halves that take the ball into the line. We desperately lack a halves player who is capable of directing our team around the field.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like the fuck you attitude Lachlan brings to the team. He still makes a shitload of errors and creates little but I’m prepared to be patient.
I live for this stuff.

Aceman

Waterboy
Reaction score
The best sledge he could have fired at Sam is "What does Russell taste like when you kiss your mum on the cheek?"

The Lewis problem is similar to last years problems. We have nobody organising in the halves and instead two halves that take the ball into the line. We desperately lack a halves player who is capable of directing our team around the field.
Only trouble is lately both lewis and cogger are playing well before the line. Lewis is just pumping early ball wide and cogger has just been bringing players back on a inside line. It gives opposition defenders plenty of time to readjust. Both have gone away from digging into the line.
Meaney is not pushing up with our forwards instead just waiting out the back for a block play on 4 which they are slow to execute playing well back before the line. Absolutely nothing in attack.
There must be two things going on here. A lack of talent and skill, which we cant change until we go shopping, and coaching.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Just put a media ban on our team until we fkn win a game
Not allowed, NRL contracts have minimum media participation requirements for the player and the team as a whole.

Go Dogs