Opinion Something more important than 2 points

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Geez there’s some miserable pricks round here hahaha.
Not everyone has a 15 million $$ salary cap. We are down and out and at least we are blooding some decent young guys.
Everyone calls to blood some juniors, give em some decent support they will shine.
Get off the plonk and look at the real world ffs.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After watching Lewis post game interview and talking about his clash with burgess it just reinforced to me that we need to make sure we hold onto him,smith and Meaney
Did you see the way Lockyer was looking at him... Broncos will be knocking.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Did you see the way Lockyer was looking at him... Broncos will be knocking.
Yeah I did mate but they won’t be the only ones I really don’t want this kid to be one of the ones that come back to haunt us and if Lewis gets behind a decent forward pack he’ll go to the next level and I know for a fact the broncs frothing to get him in their halves

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's been impressive. It's poor coaching to not use him more in attack. He only gets it off kick returns or the odd offload.

Considering how much he threatens the defence with his speed, he needs to touch the ball multiple times every attacking set. He has the ball playing ability so it makes zero sense not to utilise his skill set fully.
He needs to watch the Slaters and Tedescos and sniff around the ruck. Keep the talk to his team mates big time in defence and he will be on his way as will the team. I’m really liking him! Prob not worth further injury to his hand but just that will of trying to help the boys get a win is impressive

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The fans need to accept that this is how it will be for the next 2 years or so. Until we add talent we are just learning. We have a good core and I guess in 2021 when we have cash then we get what we need to hopefully complete the rebuild.
You all forget one thing whatever talent we have in a couple of years time will be taken by the rorters and company . You know the teams that have unlimited funds cannot ever be over the salary cap and still have money to burn possibly on referees

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez there’s some miserable pricks round here hahaha.
Not everyone has a 15 million $$ salary cap. We are down and out and at least we are blooding some decent young guys.
Everyone calls to blood some juniors, give em some decent support they will shine.
Get off the plonk and look at the real world ffs.
We'll have 15 mill come 2021 when Flanagan becomes coach!

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta say that I am pretty proud of our guys. Anyone that thinks we are a top 8 team are dreaming BUT when you actually accept that fact you can see other things.

The effort and resilience from our guys was awesome. Yes we fuked up heaps of times BUT we also didn't take shite from Souths. Lewis single handledly took on Burgess and got on top of him. That means we have shown Storm and Souths who we are so far this season and I have no doubt both of the mentioned teams would say they were sore the next day!

If we can take about 8 - 10 guys from this team in a couple of years time and add some class then I tell you we are looking pretty good. At the moment we are learning grit and toughness and that can't be coached, it has to be experienced! That is the stuff that is needed to win GF's.

We also showed signs (as a young team) of being able to change plans and go to a niggle and slowdown…...which did work. We have showed the comp blueprints on how to beat the Storm and Souths this year!

The things we are learning at the moment are priceless and I am proud of the guys today!
I agree until these players get picked apart when they develop by all the other non cap reliant teams in the comp. hence why you have to do a roosters and just buy a gf... developing a squad just doesn’t work these days as $ talk and bullshit walks sadly

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I did mate but they won’t be the only ones I really don’t want this kid to be one of the ones that come back to haunt us and if Lewis gets behind a decent forward pack he’ll go to the next level and I know for a fact the broncs frothing to get him in their halves
Your spot on about The Prince. We havent seen anywhere the best in this kid has a long way to go he will be in high demand, i do feel he loves the dogs though

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
U serious? In 3 or 4 years Time
None of these useless fuks will be around Belmore .
Thank god for that
Honest question mate...WTF did you expect from this year?
Who here expected finals contention?
Wake up...we've had a good crack at two top 4 teams with the most inexperienced Bulldogs roster EVER.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta say that I am pretty proud of our guys. Anyone that thinks we are a top 8 team are dreaming BUT when you actually accept that fact you can see other things.

The effort and resilience from our guys was awesome. Yes we fuked up heaps of times BUT we also didn't take shite from Souths. Lewis single handledly took on Burgess and got on top of him. That means we have shown Storm and Souths who we are so far this season and I have no doubt both of the mentioned teams would say they were sore the next day!

If we can take about 8 - 10 guys from this team in a couple of years time and add some class then I tell you we are looking pretty good. At the moment we are learning grit and toughness and that can't be coached, it has to be experienced! That is the stuff that is needed to win GF's.

We also showed signs (as a young team) of being able to change plans and go to a niggle and slowdown…...which did work. We have showed the comp blueprints on how to beat the Storm and Souths this year!

The things we are learning at the moment are priceless and I am proud of the guys today!
I have to agree with everything you have said. What we have as a team are young enthusiastic players full of energy. What we need is time for them to get some games under their belts. Anyone expecting more than just them being competitive is just kidding themselves. Their game today was gutsy. I thought they would get smashed today but they were much better than last week. We frustrated souths . A win would off been great but happy with today

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
U wanna keep 8 players from the sinking Titanic?
Name me the 8 pls..

Newcastle have only held onto one player that was there 3 yrs ago..
We need to do the same
Cause thats working for newcastle. Allot of these blokes are young and learning still there a definently some that we don't want but there are others that will perform with better players around the.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last year was the same though. The effort was great all season last year despite all of the distractions and player turnover.

The effort was non existent the first two weeks and last week. And yes the effort was great against the Tigers, Melbourne and Souths.

But this is the NRL and after a while effort isn't enough. Effort should be expected and not applauded. It's not the players fault that the squad is so average.

But at what point do the fans deserve better than trying to find silver linings a quarter of the way through another lost season? It's not even May and the season is over at 1-5.

Add to that the club can't recruit anyone and we have very little talent to work with and it's hard to stay positive.
It's round 6. So while it's disappointing that we seem to have missed out on the reputed attempt to sign Robson I'm sure he's not our only recruitment target. We're just impatient to hear some good news.

Last time I checked we weren't Newcastle.....

In no particular order,

R. Smith
Okunbar
Lewis
Meaney
Ogden
Napa
Jackson
CHN
Hoppa
JMK
Fualalo
Nice list really. I wouldn't mind keeping Elliott, Martin and C. Smith over Fualolo. But I agree absolutely about your initial post. The players here now are getting the chance to prove their worth. If we retain the best of them and add quality around them by next year, the rebuild is progressing well. I hope we get a few decent wins in soon. But today showed me that we have some grit. The referees threw us some terrible calls this and for the last few weeks. Against Parra we folded badly. We stuck with Melbourne despite some more terrible calls. The dragons loss wasn't pretty. I can accept losses as long as there is effort and improvement.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's round 6. So while it's disappointing that we seem to have missed out on the reputed attempt to sign Robson I'm sure he's not our only recruitment target. We're just impatient to hear some good news.

Nice list really. I wouldn't mind keeping Elliott, Martin and C. Smith over Fualolo. But I agree absolutely about your initial post. The players here now are getting the chance to prove their worth. If we retain the best of them and add quality around them by next year, the rebuild is progressing well. I hope we get a few decent wins in soon. But today showed me that we have some grit. The referees threw us some terrible calls this and for the last few weeks. Against Parra we folded badly. We stuck with Melbourne despite some more terrible calls. The dragons loss wasn't pretty. I can accept losses as long as there is effort and improvement.
I think how we are playing might just attract a decent player/s soon. We are playing with heart and people want to be a part of that, it makes the win so much better.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The effort is there tbh

Honestly i think it's more to do with our gameplan, we need to utilise our strike weapons. Meaney and Smith are pretty gun but for some reason we never try to involve them as much as we should

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The effort is there tbh

Honestly i think it's more to do with our gameplan, we need to utilise our strike weapons. Meaney and Smith are pretty gun but for some reason we never try to involve them as much as we should
Yep true smith hardly touched the ball today when he did he looked good.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You serious...Okunbor, he’s only played a handful of first grade games and broke a few records fuck your a hard marker...give the bloke a chance, you saying you don’t see any potential from him?
He's pretty bad

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Honest question mate...WTF did you expect from this year?
Who here expected finals contention?
Wake up...we've had a good crack at two top 4 teams with the most inexperienced Bulldogs roster EVER.
I tipped us to come last