8 wins from 30 games since pay

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s keep perspective.napa and Foran play today and we come away with a win.
Can some one tell Meaney to follow his forwards when we are attacking.plenty off offload chances went begging cause no one backing up.all in all I thought Souths were going to flog us today but we stood up to them.
Not just Meaney we never have support for a break or offload from anyone

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we havent had a playmaker since ennis and hodko, im sure lewis is a nice guy but fuck him

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Too many handeling errors, lack of 2nd phase play sees the team burning up a lot of energy keeping in games.
the poor record of scoring in 2nd halves is a consequences of that.
Also the team does play dumb a lot of the time.

Without Foran we have no experience in the halves.
Meaney looks good but again needs time to learn his trade.
JMK while better than Lichaa also learning and the spine has no experience.
A rookie coach with such inexperienced play makers is not a good combination.
Long season ahead boys & girls.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s up to the coach to coach the errors out of the players, they should be getting better each week, we’re going backwards.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not the coach.

We could have Bellamy’s and Bennett’s love child coaching but the same shithouse players will ensure a loss.
Thats what they said about brown and the knights. Hows that going ?

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
“Once we have cash and decent players”

So basically if either of these coaches were to come in right now, they’d have the same success as Pay.

Why doesn’t Pay deserve the chance when we have “cash and decent players”?

Clueless.
Was about to say the same.
The OP just contradicted his argument

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't just blame Pay for losses, it's the shit ***** he has to work with. I just blame him for sticking with Lichit and his bench rotations.

BUT

he is not the answer. I will be surprised if he lasts his contract and not sacked in the future. I just hope he can attract big players to the wooden spooners.

Last edited:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well it is an era after a clean out, too early to call but they wanna train the mistakes out and discipline in for next week, so close today.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
And I dont see that improving much how are we supposed to endure this for another 12 months?
Nothing else we can do really. Just need to accept that these are the players we have and look foward to breaking free from it when we have the cap sorted. Its still all on Des hasler and the previous board for allowing him to to do what he done. Losing their jobs isn't punishment enough for what they have done. Hopefully it is a lesson learnt and we never have to see another time as bad as this at our club. I think pay has done alright considering what he has to work with

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay doesn’t have to choose lichaa every week, also pay didn’t have to switch Holland and smith combo, these are just a few examples of pay being clueless, he can’t coach
I agree with both those comments but when they are playing good footy they look really good obviously he can coach. Whenever we have played a bad game its because the players haven't turned up not because of coaching. All 3 bad losses we have had this year the team has not played with any energy or intensity. Last year was similar and we lost allot of games by a try or 2 points take away the usuall shit call against us and there are a fair rew games that we would have won

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes but regardless can he coach at all? He keeps making stupid decisions
I wouldn’t say stupid decisions :p I mean lichaa for 15 mins at the end of games it’s tactically brilliant. Not because he will be a game changer. But the opposition team with laugh that lichaa is on and it’s 13 against 12 and they will take us easy.

It’s just we haven’t taken full advantage of this yet. But it’s a master move by pay :p :tearsofjoy:

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s not the coach.

We could have Bellamy’s and Bennett’s love child coaching but the same shithouse players will ensure a loss.
The team is shit, no doubt. But, I actually disagree with this proposition. I think Deano has been using too many excuses for his shit record. He came in on a high last year. Let's remind ourselves that last year he had mbye, woods, the mozzies and klemmer and could still not achieve results. We excused him last year for inheriting dessies mess. Well most of Des's germs have left. Yet, we are still shit. Time for him to deliver i would say

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How’s it pays fault we don’t have the class we get nothing from refs can’t still understand why the penalty against Smith after chasing and saving a try our two key players out for extended periods 8 players 23 or younger no experience across the park so I ask again how’s it pays fault

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The team is shit, no doubt. But, I actually disagree with this proposition. I think Deano has been using too many excuses for his shit record. He came in on a high last year. Let's remind ourselves that last year he had mbye, woods, the mozzies and klemmer and could still not achieve results. We excused him last year for inheriting dessies mess. Well most of Des's germs have left. Yet, we are still shit. Time for him to deliver i would say
May be rid of des' germs but he hasn't exactly had the opportunity to replace still because of des woods was a usless lump of shit and the rest were still coming out of des-mode. Pay still has a bit to learn as a first grade coach no doubt but i think we need to ride this out and then see how he goes as a coach with a normal cap situation before we start calling for his head.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
How’s it pays fault we don’t have the class we get nothing from refs can’t still understand why the penalty against Smith after chasing and saving a try our two key players out for extended periods 8 players 23 or younger no experience across the park so I ask again how’s it pays fault
It’s not entirely mate,but god damn that’s a tough gig for him!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pay isn't 100% to blame but things like putting Lichaa on in the last 20 when JMK isn't even gassed don't help the situation.....