Official Round 6 - Dogs vs Rabbitohs - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was an awful game of football if we are honest and I blame the refs. Perinara allowed both sides to slow the ruck down to a snails pace....it was a boring spectacle to behold. For Gods sake bring back the sin bin.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its that fucken retard Lichaa who consistently throws it to a fucken forward inside the oppositions 20, instead of going behind the forwards to the halves.

Also did it to Elliott who was not expecting that short ball when he knocked it on
Elliot was the decoy, I could tell that from my lounge room don’t know how Lichaa can’t work it out when he’s 2 meters away

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In his defence he actually put together a good game plan to slow down the ruck limit Cook’s attack. It worked but we just didn’t have the class to put on a couple of tries. And it all went to shit once Lichaa came on.
In all honesty we probably win this game with Foran and Napa in the side. We would of played more direct and their leadership and experience would of been invaluable.
Definitely needed Foran and Napa. Yep Lichaa is terrible. But simple things like backing up, trying to put people through holes and edge players rushing up still not being fixed. According to nrl 45 missed tackles that’s bad

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
In his defence he actually put together a good game plan to slow down the ruck limit Cook’s attack. It worked but we just didn’t have the class to put on a couple of tries. And it all went to shit once Lichaa came on.
In all honesty we probably win this game with Foran and Napa in the side. We would of played more direct and their leadership and experience would of been invaluable.
Doesn't take a smart man to work that out. Bloke is garbage. Will never come around to him or support the decision to keep him as coach, can't wait to see the back of him.

Merimbula Man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's the fact that the small things aren't being addressed, the stupid little penalties and the lack of direction in the halves especially from cogger. There is no composure in this team and that falls on pay's head
We have been completely directionless for years, I hate this one half on either side, we need a dominant half, and it’s not Lewis, defensively he’s top shelf but his kicking, passing and running game is plain, and that’s being generous. Make Cogger the 7, he’s a natural organizer who could get our forwards hitting it up off a pass, therefore playing with more width and creating some second phase play with off loads, which looks our only way of breaking the line and scoring points. And make signing an established halfback a priority for 2021

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Loved the defence of Lewis today was great. Something positive yeah

Last edited:

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s true

I reckon Lichaa goes short because he can’t pass for shit

Pay continues to pick him still
Can't pass, can't think, can't see, and the worst of all, he's got an ego and insecurity which makes him want to be the one to produce the hero play. He's toxic.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the last two seasons (30 games so far) we’ve scored 10 points or under 10 times or 1/3 of our games. That is horrendous.

Lucky we re-signed our great coach’

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have been completely directionless for years, I hate this one half on either side, we need a dominant half, and it’s not Lewis, defensively he’s top shelf but his kicking, passing and running game is plain, and that’s being generous. Make Cogger the 7, he’s a natural organizer who could get our forwards hitting it up off a pass, therefore playing with more width and creating some second phase play with off loads, which looks our only way of breaking the line and scoring points. And make signing an established halfback a priority for 2021
Cogger has shown nothing to give me confidence in him, he offered nothing at all today and stifles the right side attack. We need foran back, but this season is a shit show anyways so who knows what we can look forward to.

Jean-Claude Juncker

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Doesn't take a smart man to work that out. Bloke is garbage. Will never come around to him or support the decision to keep him as coach, can't wait to see the back of him.
Lol, your support after the Storm game was short-lived then. You said something along the lines of, "More performances like this and I'd be happy for the club to re-sign Pay for a further 3 years." Must've been on a manic high.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
bahaha fox commentators are talking about blowing more penalties

NRL back to square one give it a few more weeks it will be high penalty counts again

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
External observation from me, who does not have an axe to grind.
"Penalty" Peranara should NEVER be allowed to even watch RL, let alone be a ref.
If ever one man can stuff a game completely it is this bag of chit.
You guys have some good players and some woeful ones.
Cogger - great little bloke who is nowhere near good enough (YET) to play FG. Inexperience shows big time.
Lewis - coming on well but again lacks the experience to guide a team around the paddock. This is part of your attacking problem.
Hastings-Deering - great little bulldozer BUT................................ inexperience.
Meeney - I think this kid is in for a great future if he survives - again inexperience shows he doesn't take advantage of some of the good work he does.
Okenbor - see comments for Meeney
Holland - Rocks and diamonds - against the Storm I nearly came on here to bag the guys bagging him - this week I agree with them. Someone please teach him how to pass a ball.
Your attack at times almost clicks but is not consistent - on other occasions you look lost hoping someone will do something.
Close to their line - give it to a dumb forward to get pulled up short EVERY TIME!
Then there is the problem that your blokes have absolutely NO RESPECT for the ball - you just kept handing the game back to Sowfs nearly as often as Prickyanana. Same all season.
I haven't trolled your defensive record but you would have to be one of the best teams in the comp with you giving so much possession to the opposition but still keeping them out for a not too shabby scoreline in two tough games. Storm and Sowfs.
Where it fails is you simply run yourselves out of gas by gifting the opposition the ball all the time and racking up a squillion tackles in defence.
BUT, the real disclaimer - Dean Pay was dumped as assistant for NOT being up to scratch when the Eels were on a roll gathering so many spoons - what does that tell you.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, your support after the Storm game was short-lived then. You said something along the lines of, "More performances like this and I'd be happy for the club to re-sign Pay for a further 3 years." Must've been on a manic high.
That pretty much sums up the Kennel in general. When we got a win it was, "praise Des". One loss and there were 3 "sack Des" threads

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh and then we backed it up with arguably our worst performance under Pay. I just don't care anymore. Just a quick example, CHN looks dangerous running the ball yet we can't come up with a single play to utilise him as a strike weapon. Wtf are we doing at training? Yes we have limitations with our roster, but fuck me there's still so many different things we could try to do yet haven't even bothered.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Are the FOX panel really ripping into us for our wrestle, just caught the end of it ??? we are shit at it. When Melbourne win its 'oh there so clinical' wank wank wank... over this joke of a league

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That pretty much sums up the Kennel in general. When we got a win it was, "praise Des". One loss and there were 3 "sack Des" threads
No way, I only supported Pay for like 12 hours ffs.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After watching the game today. Fuck it im coming out of retirement. Ill play 6 and lay us some points on, give me a call deano ! We need a big 5/8 that will go to the line and suck defenders in before u go wide. I play for women and drugs so i should be paid quite highly.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yh and then we backed it up with arguably our worst performance under Pay. I just don't care anymore. Just a quick example, CHN looks dangerous running the ball yet we can't come up with a single play to utilise him as a strike weapon. Wtf are we doing at training? Yes we have limitations with our roster, but fuck me there's still so many different things we could try to do yet haven't even bothered.
Agreed. Our best attacking player is our second rower (CHN) and our best defensive player is our halfback. Backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.