Opinion Something more important than 2 points

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Last time I checked we weren't Newcastle.....

In no particular order,

R. Smith
Okunbar
Lewis
Meaney
Ogden
Napa
Jackson
CHN
Hoppa
JMK
Fualalo
Lucky for maybe 2 or 3 to be around in 3 yrs time

None aren't first grade standard.

Souths aren't much chop. There backline is pedestrian

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Wake up. Okunbor, marshall. Wtf
Well when you look at the fact of how much money we will have available versus positions in the top 30 it would be easy to see that some of our better fringe players will need to be there for depth.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Lucky for maybe 2 or 3 to be around in 3 yrs time

None aren't first grade standard.

Souths aren't much chop. There backline is pedestrian
See above BUT Souths are packed with good solid players plus marquee players, they should have put 20+ points on us atleast…..and didn't.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
There is nothing more important than 2 points when you are last

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okunbor is not a winger. Never was, never will be

He is a forward and hes way behind the pack

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
See above BUT Souths are packed with good solid players plus marquee players, they should have put 20+ points on us atleast…..and didn't.
souths were in control.. they didnt even get a sweat up in the second half

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We looked okay because Souths were shit.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really think Meaney will be our shining star, will only get better each game.
He's been impressive. It's poor coaching to not use him more in attack. He only gets it off kick returns or the odd offload.

Considering how much he threatens the defence with his speed, he needs to touch the ball multiple times every attacking set. He has the ball playing ability so it makes zero sense not to utilise his skill set fully.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If Souths were on today we'd have lost by 50+. They kept us in the game, rather than us playing at Souths level. Souths tried to gift us the game and we couldn't even help ourselves.

The problem with this side is too much youth and no guidance in regards to experience. Add to that too many heroes wanting the glory play with one out football, and a hooker off the bench who is fucking woeful.

There are positive signs in places but each loss drops morale more and more. The more morale drops the less faith the players have in their own abilities, and that's when we face a real uphill battle as a team.

We need a win soon. Close enough is NOT good enough.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyway, I appreciate the positivity of your thread Grog Dog. I too was proud of the effort but as frustrated as ever that we don't have the talent to win winnable games. Souths were so bad today they didn't deserve to win. Unfortunately we don't have the class to take advantage right now.

Moving forward to a few years from now, only Meaney, Smith, Lewis (needs to work on kicking and running game a lot), Napa, CHN, Ogden and Jackson are guys you'd have in a potential top 4 team..

Out of the rest hopefully Okunbur works a lot on his game, Wakeham and Haper make the next step and Toomaga can make a mark also.

But the club needs to be aggressive in recruiting and stop trying to be the one boy scout club that stays under the cap while everyone else cheats it. Flex some muscle, grow some balls and spend some money to make the club great again!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Was very optimistic for the 2019 season, but we all knew it would more likely than not be a hard year, I guess we just have to accept the fact an keep cheering our boys on. Can’t do anything about it have to roll with the punches.

When a win does come it will be truly deserved with the Cattle/stock we have, we will see better days.. it’s a waiting game an will be!!

Win or lose will always be here supporting my team as hard as it is to swallow!!

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great effort after last week's disaster, but we should have won today!

mixa79

Waterboy
Reaction score
Last year was the same though. The effort was great all season last year despite all of the distractions and player turnover.

The effort was non existent the first two weeks and last week. And yes the effort was great against the Tigers, Melbourne and Souths.

But this is the NRL and after a while effort isn't enough. Effort should be expected and not applauded. It's not the players fault that the squad is so average.

But at what point do the fans deserve better than trying to find silver linings a quarter of the way through another lost season? It's not even May and the season is over at 1-5.

Add to that the club can't recruit anyone and we have very little talent to work with and it's hard to stay positive.
Get over it they tried hard today, played hard and to me won on effort. If a few 50/50 calls went our way we could have won, as crap as our attack is i honestly thought we were in the game.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Get over it they tried hard today, played hard and to me won on effort. If a few 50/50 calls went our way we could have won, as crap as our attack is i honestly thought we were in the game.
Get over what? You're right, the game was there to be won but the team is so poor at the moment that an 8 point deficit seems insurmountable.

They've scored 10 points in two games. In the five losses, they've scored 48 points. That's very concerning.

I'm not as doom and gloom at others. But it is hard to watch, as it was last season too, when the players are giving their all and we can't win winnable games.