SportingNews/Lurker Dogs and Cowboys fight for Reece Robson

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How has Matt Parcell been going in Super League? He was playing well with Manly before he left and would still be in his early 20's...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a funny feeling it will be someone in our system like Zac Hethrington :grinning:
If Robson has gone to the Titans I would enquire about Peats just as a bridge for a season or two until the young hookers in our system are ready.

We can blood Hetherington or Gray off the bench and slowly give them more game time.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I got a funny feeling it will be someone in our system like Zac Hethrington :grinning:
How far away would he be from contributing though?

And even if Hetherington lives up to expectations and makes First Grade, the club would likely need a veteran hooker to play alongside him as he gets more experience. It's asking a lot to throw any young hooker into an 80 minute role straight away.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If Robson has gone to the Titans I would enquire about Peats just as a bridge for a season or two until the young hookers in our system are ready.

We can blood Hetherington or Gray off the bench and slowly give them more game time.
Peats is a good player but he gets injured twice a season for long periods of time.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So...Brailey. There's literally no one else unless one of Api or Fainu ask for a release
Only other experienced options for next year are Segeyaro or Rein.
We may as well give Nu Brown a go and see what he can do. JMK has had an extended run and hasn’t set the world alight

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Only other experienced options for next year are Segeyaro or Rein.
We may as well give Nu Brown a go and see what he can do. JMK has had an extended run and hasn’t set the world alight
I think JMK has come along well. He’s improving. As long as he keeps improving he can get there.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Manly will no doubt retain Fainu and Koroisau.

We just can't attract players at the moment (except those like Sue/Crichton who appear to want to cash in at the clubs expense).

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How has Matt Parcell been going in Super League? He was playing well with Manly before he left and would still be in his early 20's...
Everytime I've watched him this season he's been pretty average. Leeds are struggling big time, if they didn't have Hurrell they would be in so much more pain

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How far away would he be from contributing though?

And even if Hetherington lives up to expectations and makes First Grade, the club would likely need a veteran hooker to play alongside him as he gets more experience. It's asking a lot to throw any young hooker into an 80 minute role straight away.
Jayden Brailey seems the most likely option in this regard. He's very close to Ennis and it was even stated in a interview he regularly contacted him and helped him with his game. What he learns will be valuable for our young pups.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everytime I've watched him this season he's been pretty average. Leeds are struggling big time, if they didn't have Hurrell they would be in so much more pain
That's a shame. I thought he was killing it last year?