No Source Bevan French to sign with bulldogs

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cant see French in our side with Meaney already showing some promise in FG, can only have one smaller bloke in the backline imo and Nick fills that.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
As someone else said you could move smith to center. But it would just be a depth signing at this stage to keep Montoya further away from FG in case of injury. As long as he’s cheap it’s all good.
You’d lose so much in the early tackle hit ups if French is taking one. The game is moving further and further away from wingers built like French.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You’d lose so much in the early tackle hit ups if French is taking one. The game is moving further and further away from wingers built like French.
French is rubbish, really shows how desperate some people are thinking we're going to get some sort of value out of him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
French is rubbish, really shows how desperate some people are thinking we're going to get some sort of value out of him.
He produces one magic play every now and then. The problem is he can’t defend, he’s lazy and he’s tiny.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think he's that bad, but we don't need Wingers and he's not good enough for us to push him as a Fullback.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he will go alright I would take him he will be playing in a better team

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
French is the underpaid Mbye of the Eels.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly this tread has probably depressed me more than any other thread.
The winger who made ZERO metres in a game.
I mean speculation and even the club hoping/inquiring to sign this guy highlights how truely rock bottom we are.
The only winger the Bulldogs should be signing is one of an Oates/Ferguson calibre, same goes with the rest of positions.
If we can't afford that, save the dollars and develop our own. Don't think there would be much of a difference in playing ability from the best Canterbury Cup/QLD cup winger out there on probably less money as they are yet to be established. In fact I would prefer a youngster as they have potential.
French is way past his.
French can't even crack the Eel's first grade squad. FMD.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Josh Hoffman
George Jennings
Michael Jennings
Brad Takairangi

All players off contract with Parra Eels end of this year.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m not supporting signing him unless he’s cheap as in minimum wage and for the season. I’m sick of watching Montoya in the 21 at least French can do something in attack if we get an injury or two.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Hoffman
George Jennings
Michael Jennings
Brad Takairangi

All players off contract with Parra Eels end of this year.
Michael Jennings would be a good addition from a footy perspective. Only issue is he probably wouldn’t be worth it for us as he’d ask for too much money

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Hard to believe that we would not entertain the idea of signing Robert Jennings who scored 19 tries last season and was great at helping South's start their sets.
2 key areas we were lacking for last year. If we are actually trying to bring in French then this current admin are living in the Renaissance and need uppercutting back to modernity.

Tigers have Noafoluma in Canterbury Cup ffs.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
If we are smart we are banging on the Fucking door for noafoluma and bring him over

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we are smart we are banging on the Fucking door for noafoluma and bring him over
That is correct and also make an offer for Moga. Pretty sure these guys are coming back from long term injuries.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
If we were smart we would have went after Robert Jennings who is a good finisher on the wing but also looks comfortable defending at centre and was off contract.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tigers have Noafoluma in Canterbury Cup ffs.
That's only to get him match fit. He's just returning from injury.

make an offer for Moga.
Assaults taxi drivers and has is more injury prone than Foran. He's the modern day Chase Stanley.

If we were smart we would have went after Robert Jennings who is a good finisher on the wing but also looks comfortable defending at centre and was off contract.
Robert Jennings is still off contract isn't he (Zerotackle say so but unreliable).

If we could snag Michael and Robert it'd be worth it.

Get Michael over on a 12 - 24 month deal, and he can lend experience to guys like Holland/Harper/Katoa/Lemuelu/etc, and all our younger backline.

Jabba the Mutt

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s the point. We don’t want that type of player to move forward. If it was minimum or very very cheap and replacing a nuffie like olive then ok go for it for mid season. If it’s a few hundred k a year and multiple year deal I just think it’s another fucking bad choice
I agree with what you write B09 BUT this has nothing to do with your post.
My eyesight is poor and only recently I received great glasses and, may I say, your avatar made me laugh so hard!
Thanks brother! :D