Other News Source Clint Gutherson - Re signs with Parra till 2022

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters upgraded his contract to 500k.
Yep, until 2020 - when Cronks money will be freed up. By that time he'll have played 9 Origins, a bunch of games for Australia and most likely at least 1 more Center of the Year. Teams will be offering 900k, Roosters will probably keep him for less

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
would rather spend money on corey oates than gutherson

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, until 2020 - when Cronks money will be freed up. By that time he'll have played 9 Origins, a bunch of games for Australia and most likely at least 1 more Center of the Year. Teams will be offering 900k, Roosters will probably keep him for less
Time to bring him over now since we apparently have his teletubby brother

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Oates would suit our wing.. pick up a hooker and a centre and our team will look good
Yeah man Oates, Cotric, Brailey or B.Smith and we are good to go

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think for $700k Gutherson is worth it. He's an complete Fullback with the full skill set and he's still only 24.

I can see dozens of times in the last few years where if he was in our side, we win more games than we lose.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wingers can be just as important as any other spot. Look at semi or ferguson for the eels.
And they have Moses Gutho Norman Mahoney in their spine at the time
Compared to
Meaney Lichaa JMK Cogger. .. lol

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strong rumour is that he's either going to end up back at Manly, or Souths.

The Manly whispers were around before Inglis retired, but with $1.5 million to play with NOW, Souths could probably even pay out Eels for a mid season transfer.
Got to love the dodgy fucking NRL officials that gave Souths these extra cap funds.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Clint Gutherson has an immediate release from
Parramatta. Whats everyones thoughts? Would he be good in the centre for us. Aparantly wanting 700k for 4 years
I'll give him 700k for the whole 4 years lol

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but Tommy T's constant hamstring issues are a bit of a concern.
True. But what I’m saying is he’s class when he plays every game. Gutho is not and signing gutho does not attract other quality players.

Save our money and be patient we aren’t going anywhere this season so why waste a year of a quality signing in this rubbish.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gutho and MJennings carving the Tiggers up atm.

With the number of major problems we have, turning our nose up at either is laughable

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score

With the number of major problems we have, turning our nose up at either is laughable
I agree with you that both would improve our squad but for dollar value I think we could pick up Jennings and whare for the price of Gutherson alone. And they are both defensively sound, experienced and better in attack than what we currently have

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

And last week they didn’t do anything! Paying superstar money for Gutho is laughable.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
And last week they didn’t do anything! Paying superstar money for Gutho is laughable.
$700k isn't "superstar" money, the dude is worth it for a team like us - complete package

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
$700k isn't "superstar" money, the dude is worth it for a team like us - complete package
You won’t find too many outside backs in the comp on $700k that’s superstar money for those positions. Meaney is developing nicely so he won’t be coming here as a fullback and Gutherson isn’t no where near as good in the halves. When you say “a team like us” I’m assuming it’s the talent on already in the roster and table position? I think it’s vital to not be paying overs for players unless it really warrants it and I don’t think Gutho warrants it. Juts my opinion anyway but have we even been linked to him or this all hypothetical?

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You won’t find too many outside backs in the comp on $700k that’s superstar money for those positions. Meaney is developing nicely so he won’t be coming here as a fullback and Gutherson isn’t no where near as good in the halves. When you say “a team like us” I’m assuming it’s the talent on already in the roster and table position? I think it’s vital to not be paying overs for players unless it really warrants it and I don’t think Gutho warrants it. Juts my opinion anyway but have we even been linked to him or this all hypothetical?
Yeah all hypothetical. Yeah a team like us I mean wanting to attract potential stars

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone getting excited over Gutherson, it’s his contract year. Players do this all the time. When there jobs on the line and time to cash in they fire up for a few weeks. Then signs for 4yrs somewhere and do nothing. Look at Jennings also at moment. Done nothing for years and now all of a sudden time for pay day. No thanks