No Source Bevan French to sign with bulldogs

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
French is just too light to play NRL. Gets ragdolled too often. I can imagine what our sets would like coming out from our own end.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s the point. We don’t want that type of player to move forward. If it was minimum or very very cheap and replacing a nuffie like olive then ok go for it for mid season. If it’s a few hundred k a year and multiple year deal I just think it’s another fucking bad choice
You don’t know the deal details do you ?
I highly doubt the club is spending good money on a Bevan French.
To get a natural try scorer on a cheap deal isn’t bad considering what other average players we have.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You don’t know the deal details do you ?
I highly doubt the club is spending good money on a Bevan French.
To get a natural try scorer on a cheap deal isn’t bad considering what other average players we have.
Exactly. On the cheap and as a stop gap I’d take him every day of the week. 5 years 3 million dollars on the other hand I wouldn’t.

Kid has speed and elusiveness we haven’t seen in the nrl since Barba’s break out year. Worth the punt. Only bad thing is it’s not a move to really strengthen the rest of the backline. Meaney won’t cut it as a centre or a winger. So it’s pretty much a direct replacement for Meaney.

Kid had something like 19 try’s in his first season. And was never fully fit since then. If he is focused and fit kid could be a game breaker. Just depends on his attitude.

If he want to be a first grader he will be. If he still has an attitude problem and is lazy and not focused he’ll have the same fate as the eels.

Will no doubt be the top try scoring potential on the squad. We have what 8 try’s or so in 4-5 games? He could score that himself.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Your opinions are terrible
Not suprised you think that considering you also think French would be a singing anywhere near the likes of Perret and Inu just because he's a midseason signing like them.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not suprised you think that considering you also think French would be a singing anywhere near the likes of Perret and Inu just because he's a midseason signing like them.
If I'm not mistaken the Inu signing was bashed by everyone on here and then everyone had eggs on their faces that's my point but I dont expect people like you to understand

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We need some depth in the outside backs.
If anyone gets injured Montoya comes back in...
Holland dropped, Smith and Hoppa as the centres, French and Okunbur on the wings.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would rather Pay club use a forward at center to put some starch in the defense, either Chn or C Smith.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind to be honest.. haters Gunna hate the opinion, but I look at it like this. Our season is bust, a mid season signing on the cheap, he’s a player who can offer some more xfactor and speed, and it wouldn’t go astray right now. Need to give anything at all a shot and take a risk. Can’t be any worse!! And will add some much needed excitement to a sad year!!

Sue me lol !!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why not. I rate this guy big time. He has speed and X factor about him. When was the last time we made a mid season signing ?
Sam Perrett from memory?

Anyone?

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
As long as it's cheap then I don't care. Looking at our current squad it couldn't hurt! Considering about 20 of our 30 wouldn't make any other team I think we could afford to drop someone from our 30.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Consider who the Eels might be trying pick up or if they need to move French on to make some more cap room for Gutho.

Not that I would sign French in the 1st place but I would certainly not do it even if Parra pay a large portion of his salary if it helps them to build a stronger team.

Fuck that!

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have to trust our coach and committee,there’re not dummies
They would have been sussing him out more than us
Must be cheap as chips,worth a shot short tearm
Found the try line on a regular basis

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stoked if we grab him. Seen French do some ridiculously good things on a footy field and would gladly watch him slide into the team...

But where? Its a bit late considering Meaney and Okunbor are probably showing enough potential to keep their positions and Smith ain't going anywhere.

Regardless, still think French would kill it at FB when his form is up there.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Stoked if we grab him. Seen French do some ridiculously good things on a footy field and would gladly watch him slide into the team...

But where? Its a bit late considering Meaney and Okunbor are probably showing enough potential to keep their positions and Smith ain't going anywhere.

Regardless, still think French would kill it at FB when his form is up there.
As someone else said you could move smith to center. But it would just be a depth signing at this stage to keep Montoya further away from FG in case of injury. As long as he’s cheap it’s all good.