Opinion Okunbor on League Life

Valley Viking

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Jayden just on, spoke really well. Was a bit coy when asked about contract situation but did eventually say he wants to stay a Bulldog. I don’t know about all this media he is doing lately as it didn’t help his last game. Seems like a good kid though, I like him.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been interviewed by RL royalty or appearing on TV has been a very bad omen for all our players.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Too much attention is given to rookies lately. They need to focus on their games for at least a full season before getting involved in media stuff.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I too like his attributes and physical ability.. but Geeees he has terrible handling and that game is not a one off, it happened a lot in NSW cup and jnr footy ...

Bulldog87

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hope he is aware he is losing a zero off his value every time he drops a bomb.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Club leaders need to shut down pedalling our pups out to the media

If board wants to be liked then go run the Red Cross

Siege mentality, us v the fkn world works better

Just look at our history

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good on him,Seems like a great kid, and yes he spoke well.. I do wish him massive success as a future bulldog of corse, but the talking is done an it’s time to see actions speaking louder lol..!!

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the guy but too young for media goes to their heads he’s got a way to go before he’s a complete product prefer he focus on that

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Club leaders need to shut down pedalling our pups out to the media

If board wants to be liked then go run the Red Cross

Siege mentality, us v the fkn world works better

Just look at our history
Unfortunately things have changed with all the social media and the fact that players need there own sponsorships and this could be a good way to get more TPA’s

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If you block too many players from the media then they start to get the shits and look for negative things to wtite (they already do that without much excuse) so you have to play the game sometimes and offer players for interview.

As long as he's not in every paper and footy related show then one appearance isn't the end of the world.

Last week's performance would have already brought him back to earth.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If you block too many players from the media then they start to get the shits and look for negative things to wtite (they already do that without much excuse) so you have to play the game sometimes and offer players for interview.

As long as he's not in every paper and footy related show then one appearance isn't the end of the world.

Last week's performance would have already brought him back to earth.
They more need to ensure the kids are getting good solid media training, and lessons from the older players about keeping your ego in check

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is a talent I’ll give him that he may be rocks one day diamonds the next. Just don’t need the kid to end up like Jamal Idris (look what happened to him after a big head and the titans with a cheque book)
Hopefully the club keep an eye on him and get his deal done soon

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How dare he go on an NRL program, disgraceful.
To think he was even on the footy show years before his debut.. his ego is absolutely out of control!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopefully Jayden bounces back on Friday and let's his footy do the talking. It's crazy he has gotten this amount of hype and press after three games...

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he wasnt tall dark and no long dreads he wouldn’t be in the spot light as much. Played great first 2 games but last week he was rubbish

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
The guys calling for a media ban need to understand that it’s in every team’s NRL licence that they provide a minimum amount of promotion to the various forms of media for every game. Players NRL contracts also contain similar requirements. In addition it is common for the sponsors (which we have a full kit of) to require that the team and players provide a minimum amount of promotional activity for them.

I’d be very surprised if we weren’t supplying close to the minimum contractually required. Compared to some teams we are tiny in media space, any smaller and we risk losing a lot.

Go Dogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Great kid will make a great second rower but his hands aren’t NRL winger standard.all the best Jayden

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jayden just on, spoke really well. Was a bit coy when asked about contract situation but did eventually say he wants to stay a Bulldog. I don’t know about all this media he is doing lately as it didn’t help his last game. Seems like a good kid though, I like him.
Good kid but would not pay overs for him .....still has lot of work to do ....would pay him max 150k for 2 years....would not get into a bidding war with any club......need to save our pennies for some quality outside backs