Dogs Top 30

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As we are all aware our top 30 is all locked up well before the June 30 deadline for this season.

Even though June 30, 2020 is a long way away we currently have 8 players off-contract this season.

Who would you re-sign from these off contract players?

Do you think the club will re-sign 1,2,3 or none? Will they promote more players from our lower grades to fill the top 30 for next year or will they go on a shopping spree?

OFF CONTRACT 2019
Fa'amanu Brown, Danny Fualalo, Morgan Harper, Tui Katoa, Michael Lichaa, Rhyse Martin, John Olive, Francis Tualau

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Dont care about any of them when it comes to first grade tbh. will hold my view on Harper until i see him in FG

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont care about any of them when it comes to first grade tbh. will hold my view on Harper until i see him in FG
Honestly, I think Harper will be a gun, not just because I’m from the same area in NZ as him, an not because he went to the same secondary school as myself (years after of corse) lol.. but he is a hard worker whom is determined An will really rip in.. May as well give him a go very soon..see what he’s got because we have nothing to lose this year..!!

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
8 players, which means 8 players need to fill the top 30.

From the list above i would definitely not re-sign Lichaa, Brown, Fualalo, Olive & Tualau.

Harper & Katoa on bare minimum 2 year deals

Rhyse Martin - depends on what we could nab

Replace Lichaa and Brown with Robson or Brailey and Mitch Rein to play cup as our backup

Fualalo & Tualau with Welch & Flegler

And the others - who da phuck knows

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn’t resign Lichaa and Olive and the rest I would only sign if the contract is on our terms and not and overpay. I think they are all close to minimum wage players at this stage.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, I think Harper will be a gun, not just because I’m from the same area in NZ as him, an not because he went to the same secondary school as myself (years after of corse) lol.. but he is a hard worker whom is determined An will really rip in.. May as well give him a go very soon..see what he’s got because we have nothing to lose this year..!!
He’s gonna be a gun for sure. He has good attributes.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa & Olive will not be back next season.

Don't really know about the others.

But seriously the club needs to settle the playing group. Turning over players just causes uncertainty in the roster and who wants that.
All you end up with in the main are players who can't get a gig elsewhere.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
8 players, which means 8 players need to fill the top 30.

From the list above i would definitely not re-sign Lichaa, Brown, Fualalo, Olive & Tualau.

Harper & Katoa on bare minimum 2 year deals

Rhyse Martin - depends on what we could nab

Replace Lichaa and Brown with Robson or Brailey and Mitch Rein to play cup as our backup

Fualalo & Tualau with Welch & Flegler

And the others - who da phuck knows
Welch just went to the Knights why would he leave now?

I’m really starting to believe goal kicking is distorting our view of Martin. The addition of CHN is showing how far behind both RFM and Martin are in regards to top level 2nd rowers for some reason there aren’t many elite left edge back rowers but when one becomes available I definitely think we should make a move. Maybe we swing on potential and try and nab Joe Stimson from the Storm. He’s a future star and a player the club should be looking at.

Nikora of the Sharks plays on the right but runs great lines and could play both sides. Looks like he could easily play centre too.

Gavin Cooper would be an experienced option but I don’t see him leaving the Cows. Joel Thompson and Luke Garner are options too.

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After the situation with GI at Souths does Andrew Hill and Dean Pay tap Keiran Foran on the shoulder and have a long discussion re his body and the game?

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I’m really starting to believe goal kicking is distorting our view of Martin. The addition of CHN is showing how far behind both RFM and Martin are in regards to top level 2nd rowers for some reason there aren’t many elite left edge back rowers but when one becomes available I definitely think we should make a move. Maybe we swing on potential and try and nab Joe Stimson from the Storm. He’s a future star and a player the club should be looking at.

Nikora of the Sharks plays on the right but runs great lines and could play both sides. Looks like he could easily play centre too.

Gavin Cooper would be an experienced option but I don’t see him leaving the Cows. Joel Thompson and Luke Garner are options too.
Christian Welch has not just gone to the Knights. He actually played 35min against the Cowboys and he is currently off contract. Big lump of a 24 year old - 195cm @ 110kg.

You are probably confused with Tim Glasby who went to the Knights this year from the Storm

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How could we justify spending 95% of cap on our crop compared to the top teams! The NRL rule on spending 95% of the cap as a minimum is a joke, surely it will help the lower teams become more competitive if they're able to manage their cap so they can have money saved to spend on big name players!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dogs top 30 has smash hit singles all around..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
When your Top 30 includes players dumped to NSW Cup within a few games, another not even at the club anymore, and one who is playing in Ron Massey Cup, questions need to be asked.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

The Club will make a play for the 3 Trbojevic brothers. Reece Robson may be here by June 30 if we can move 2 players. I would go all out for Christian Welch & an aggressive centre (Will Chambers), given our backended contract dilemmas wont go away until 2020 unlikely

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When your Top 30 includes players dumped to NSW Cup within a few games, another not even at the club anymore, and one who is playing in Ron Massey Cup, questions need to be asked.
What questions ? We all know the deal its done and dusted.