Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, how lush is Augusta ?
Hopefully Scotty keeps playing well

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looking forward to laying on the couch in the morning and watching Scott and Day take on the best*

* - Subject to wife and child allowing me to do so.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loving Day and Scott. Also Tiger, wherever he goes atmosphere follows.
Augusta looking amazing as usual too.
How could anyone hate golf!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Loving Day and Scott. Also Tiger, wherever he goes atmosphere follows.
Augusta looking amazing as usual too.
How could anyone hate golf!
My old man's cancer is in remission. He's a golf nut (turns 70 this year) and i keep trying to encourage him to go over and check it out next year. I hope he does it.

In 2003, I was driving past Augusta and thought i'd drive in to check it out (ok, a bit naive). Was stopped by a security guard. I could just see the that garden out the front of the Clubhouse.

it really is a special course.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
My old man's cancer is in remission. He's a golf nut (turns 70 this year) and i keep trying to encourage him to go over and check it out next year. I hope he does it.

In 2003, I was driving past Augusta and thought i'd drive in to check it out (ok, a bit naive). Was stopped by a security guard. I could just see the that garden out the front of the Clubhouse.

it really is a special course.
It’s on my list that’s for sure.

Boy did the Aussie boys choke! Guess I have Tiger to barrack for now

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This last round is getting interesting, tiger playing well

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Day finished 11 under. 1 off the leaders. Leaders still have 4 holes left

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
That was Scott and Days chance. Could’ve, should’ve, would’ve, didn’t.

But I’m very happy for TW, absolute Champion

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Day shot the best score on day 4. Couldnt have asked for much more really. Left himself a bit too much to do on the final day

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Adducci, who has $25,000 in debt on a mortgage, student loans and car loans, flew to Las Vegas and threw down an $85,000 bet on Woods last Tuesday.
The wager was “everything I had that I could afford to lose,” Adducci told Golf Digest. “I just thought it was predestined for him to win.”

Why do I not believe everything about this story? If he had $25k mortgage, student and car loans, how did he manage to have $85k spare floating around... suddenly.

If you had that money you'd pay off the mortgage and loans.

Also who would bet $85k and know that would financially ruin them if they lost.

Sounds like one of those "blah blah wont $8 million on a Lucky Lotteries scratchie" stories.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Adducci, who has $25,000 in debt on a mortgage, student loans and car loans, flew to Las Vegas and threw down an $85,000 bet on Woods last Tuesday.
The wager was “everything I had that I could afford to lose,” Adducci told Golf Digest. “I just thought it was predestined for him to win.”

Why do I not believe everything about this story? If he had $25k mortgage, student and car loans, how did he manage to have $85k spare floating around... suddenly.

If you had that money you'd pay off the mortgage and loans.

Also who would bet $85k and know that would financially ruin them if they lost.

Sounds like one of those "blah blah wont $8 million on a Lucky Lotteries scratchie" stories.
I have a $400K mortgage and have also have more than that guy bet "floating around" in cash.

(Having said that i'm not going to gamble it all).

I've also seen people, on the verge of bankruptcy, think "in for a penny on for a pound", and just go nuts for a few weeks before declaring. There is no difference to going bankrupt with a million dollars in debts or $100k. (some more dubious bankruptcy trustees even encourage it).

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I have a $400K mortgage and have also have more than that guy bet "floating around" in cash.

(Having said that i'm not going to gamble it all).

I've also seen people, on the verge of bankruptcy, think "in for a penny on for a pound", and just go nuts for a few weeks before declaring. There is no difference to going bankrupt with a million dollars in debts or $100k. (some more dubious bankruptcy trustees even encourage it).
So you reckon he's thrown caution to the wind and just gone in with everything he had?