Q: If you were coach this week, what would be your game plan to beat Souths?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would tell Cogger and Lewis to run the ball more and engage the line more instead of training drill passes to the forwards. Put the opposition in 2 minds and give our forwards more options of hitting the line at speed.

I would drop holland back to reggies to regain confidence and bring in Harper. I would do what Hasler did with Barba and teach Okenbur how to catch the ball and give dedicated training sessions where game scenarios are simulated in regards to Catching bombs.

Would Fuck off Lichaa and bring in RFM. Gives our bench more potency.

Besides that there isnt much we can do. Oh yeah, Fuck off Sue. What a waste of spacw he is taking up
One thing I can assure you is that Okinbur will get plenty of practice come Friday night.......and every other game he plays for us from here on in! his reputation has been forever tarnished. Just like Corey Oates has had to deal with and will forever more.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I agree with just about everything bar promoting Harper, he could be your version of Olive.

He’s got a looong way to go...
I hear you, but based on how poor Holland has been defensively since he made his debut and doesnt really offer much else, you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain by promoting Harper.

Either harper has it or he doesnt regardless of his age.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I hear you, but based on how poor Holland has been defensively since he made his debut and doesnt really offer much else, you really have nothing to lose and everything to gain by promoting Harper.

Either harper has it or he doesnt regardless of his age.
He’s a weird one for me Holland, I see him in some games (like against the Storm) and think he’s got huge potential then he dishes up that shit yesterday.

I’m still frothing over the 1 on 1 strip on Martin, that’s fucking embarrassing for a forward to get stripped like that...

Last edited:

gibbobulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay the refs triple to whatever they get paid to make sure we lose.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get our players to go and ask all the souffs players very politely if they wouldn't mind losing against us as we were flogged against saints and our supporters are really angry and upset over this, also tell them if they let us win we will be their best friend and send them a card with a $5 scratchie inside, if that doesn't work I wouldn't have a clue, any chance of an earthquake or meteorite hitting just the souffs dressing room just before kick off.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
Need to stop playing with one front rowers on the bench. Elliott is not a prop and Sue has been disappointing

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A: cannonball Cook and Reynolds.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tell Bennett if his boy dont throw the game, news will spead like the plague of him slipping it to the Burgess boys mother

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Build a wall in front of Okunbur when they bomb him. And play exactly as they did against the Strum.

Put on the biff. Fuck the game, win the fight.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Ehh

No. 1 Target their most dangerous players.

Make Cook, Reynolds and Walker tackle all day. Try and isolate them one on one, belt them when they dig into the line and when they kick.

If Inglis is back belt that **** too.

Get numbers in on the Burgess boys and dont let them wind up.

Our edge defenders are forced to make way too many one on one's the whole defensive line needs to move better laterally.

If we are going to use up and in do it properly and early, the inside defenders have to be more urgent to sweep if needed. It's Meaney job to cover the kick in behind.

If we are using slide defence show them the sideline and use umbrella defence to cut them off back in the middle.

Kick to corners early and relentlessly and show more urgency on the kick chase ffs.

The halves need to find a kick to each other in the middle of the op 20. ie shape to pass or kick wide but kick back to the post when Johnston is eventually out of position.

Hoppa' s slick hands need to be utilised more even if that means him and Meaney switch roles in the opp 20.

Meaney needs to utilise his speed to draw wide defenders in and then find a pass.

RSmith is not being used well at all and is starved of ball.

Players need to be pushing up around CSmith and CHN.

Okunbur needs protection on kicks.

Holland's defence is not acceptable.

1. Meaney
2. Smith
3. Hoppa
4. CHN
5. Okunbor
6. Lewis
7. Cogger
8. Tolman
9. JMK
10. Ogden
11. RFM
12. Martin
13. Jackson

14. Elliot
15. CSmith
16. Fualalo
17. Nu Brown

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Rip into the players and tell them to do the basics and do it well. If you cant catch a ball or run it hard, what are you doing in first grade.

All I want to see is 5 solid runs, and the half to kick the ball into open field and repeat. Dont do fancy shit until you get basics covered.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With a roster like ours you dont play the opposition, you need to play to our own roster first and get them to figure out basics. Get a defensive rhythm going and then once that is done well enough the offense will work itself out.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Simple, cut the slow fucking training drill setups and just run hard and have some fun. No point in complicating things at this point

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I will provide an in depth tactical analysis free of charge later tonight when I get home. Bless your lucky souls for this great opportunity.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will provide an in depth tactical analysis free of charge later tonight when I get home. Bless your lucky souls for this great opportunity.
Let pay have a break and GOAT to take over training for this week? Lol