Souths, Tigers circle Bulldogs young gun Okunbor

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Roosters have plenty of cap space lets be honest lol. Nah fuck that he has to stay one way or another. Make it happen dogs

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor still has a lot of deficiencies in his game, especially holding onto the ball. They definitely would've noticed that in the lower grades. He still hasn't been truly tested. I reckon it's his manager making the most of his 2 games to drive up his price. Good on him.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Upgrade Donna from the front office to the back office and double her pay.

every thing else will sort itself out.
I was thinking exactly that! That’s the best way! Her pay would have nothing to do with salary cap. Give her triple the amount she’s on! He will definitely stay knowing his mother is looked after very well.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was thinking exactly that! That’s the best way! Her pay would have nothing to do with salary cap. Give her triple the amount she’s on! He will definitely stay knowing his mother is looked after very well.
Isn’t that how russel got all the 4 burgess boys and also got the free roots on the side ?

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh PLEASE unless I hear that the Rorters or Sharkies who for some reason do NOT have a salary cap, then this story is made up by his mgr to bring his price up LOL - well one can hope anyways!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Okunbor still has a lot of deficiencies in his game, especially holding onto the ball. They definitely would've noticed that in the lower grades. He still hasn't been truly tested. I reckon it's his manager making the most of his 2 games to drive up his price. Good on him.
I agree. I watched the game again, and he did make a number of critical mistakes. This was to be expected, and I'm sure the clubs management are not going to suddenly offer him $100k more after two good games. The contract discussion will have been going on for a while now, and I really dont think that given his gradual, and not meteoric rise, okunbor will not suddenly demand a $100k more after his two good games.
Okunbor seems a level headed guy who loves this club and I highly doubt he will let this go to his head and suddenly demand international money.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously he has potential but come on after 2 games , these clubs must be stupid.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't win, we start again then our rising stars get chased, the club had better find a way to keep this lot, I smell something good happening at Belmore.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes he has had two good games in first grade but his defence has always been ordinary - hopefully he has learnt to commit to tackling with his shoulders and whole body and not just arms and fingers as has been the case since sg ball.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m sure that Donna received Some cash payment on the side,
She was on Parra rd upgrading to a 91 HSV recently
Looks suspicious

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
It is funny how our team is the youngest and most inexperienced, our recruitment has been in tatters, and the moment we begin to unearth a star, the vultures are on us. Bloody hilarious! LOL

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is funny how our team is the youngest and most inexperienced, our recruitment has been in tatters, and the moment we begin to unearth a star, the vultures are on us. Bloody hilarious! LOL
They also do it to make the lower placed clubs pay extra to keep there players to ruin the cap.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I love Okunbor and its great having a big, tall, fast winger on the flank but he still struggles with bombs and doesn't know how to step which is pretty shocking for a winger (yes I know he used to play backrow). He is worth at an absolute max 300k at the moment. I'd offer him 300k for 2 years, take it or leave it. No more overpaying players like we have done with Mbye in the past just because they are a local junior with some potential. If he proves himself over the following two years then he can demand the big bucks.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love Okunbor and its great having a big, tall, fast winger on the flank but he still struggles with bombs and doesn't know how to step which is pretty shocking for a winger (yes I know he used to play backrow). He is worth at an absolute max 300k at the moment. I'd offer him 300k for 2 years, take it or leave it. No more overpaying players like we have done with Mbye in the past just because they are a local junior with some potential. If he proves himself over the following two years then he can demand the big bucks.
He is not worth 300k after two first grade games, especially for a winger.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How much do we have to pay for this to happen? I'm happy for the club to pay $100K as long as whoever takes him, takes Lichaa and Montoya as well.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price range 130-180k
Definitely no more. I would've even said that before today's game.
Guarantee ya Storm would not pay more than 150k for this kid.