The "R U OK ?" Thread

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sadly, this story sounds all too familiar to me. For most of my life, I have had an extremely low self opnion of myself. Im negative. I fear the world. I see myself inferior to everyone. I cried and I sulked and I cried some more. Probably blame my parents for it as they were chalk and cheese when it came to discipline and teaching me confidence. They were never on the same page and continuously fought in front of me which obviously didnt help.
Meh, so be it. It's done now.

For me now, is all about learning who i am all over again. Its been difficult. Asking myself questions i didnt particularly wanna answer. But these last 8 or so months since seeking help for mental health issues (not implying that you have it) has been awakening and refreshing. I'm not gonna spruik on about some "hippy love" shit, but it has helped me learn to slowly accept myself.
There's not a single person on this Earth that hasnt fucked up in their life. But at the end of the day I know I have the best intentions in life and towards people. Im kind hearted. Im considerate. And that to me is a great foundation to build on.

I've found that meditating has definitely helped me clear my mind, as has exercising and acupuncture. Im happy to say my positive outlook on life has improved.
This may not work for you but you need to find that thing that will make you calm. And when you do, make sure to keep at it.

And don't be afraid to put yourself first. After all, we're the ones that have to live with ourselves for the rest of our lives. Its bad enough we have to live with other peoples bullshit, let alone create it in our own heads.
Brilliant post GM. I think the self degredation is an unfortunate theme for children of divorced parents. I went through it for many years until other issues in my life lead me into some counselling.

After many years of believing every negative word said by 1/2 of my parental group of 4 (both parents re-married in what I consider downgrades) the counseling made me examine who I think I was, compared to the reality of how i treated others.

I eventually came to the conclusion that me being negative and expecting the worst of relationships was a security blanket I used as insulation against the potential disappointment of being let down by anyone unexpectedly. That's still going to happen in life. But if you work hard at pushing away people who are genuine, kind, open and all things you hope for from those around you, all but the most persistent of them will move away and you can find yourself sitting amongst the people who don't have any good traits. Kind of a situation where a "you can't let me down unexpectedly because I already surrounded myself with people who I can live without" mentality forms.

As with you, I questioned who i was verse who I wanted to be and found that one of the major issues with my thinking was that when people I genuinely liked or admired came into my life I did my best to run from the potential disappointment of me being wrong about them. Even the best of people have faults. These days I have a new mentality. Do my best to make people smile, and don't allow fear of losing friends prevent me from making any.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nothing to complain about sort of getting a grip on my anxiety, its always fucked so i guess this is good. Less than a week and ive hit the 3 months mark of no durries .just being happy i can go to work hug the kids and be content.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing to complain about sort of getting a grip on my anxiety, its always fucked so i guess this is good. Less than a week and ive hit the 3 months mark of no durries .just being happy i can go to work hug the kids and be content.
Congrats... that's an awesome acheivement!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
It's the simple things in life bro...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
As per usual I'm good at making others smile and be happy but not myself.

So many people compliment me on my smile when they meet me but my smile is just a mask.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah man, I’m a big believer in his breathing exercises, he’s well versed in the benefits of breathing across the board from both physiologically all the way to the brain stem and reptilian brain, I actually believe it’s a game changer for Anxiety (and I’m not one to make outlandish claims)

He has this insane ability to regulate his core body temperature also (hence the name “the Ice Man”), they’ll talk about that no doubt and a famous experiment he did in the Netherlands.

He’s just a cool cat....

I’ve listened to him on a lot of the Podcasters - originally Tim Ferriss, then Rogan jumped on as did Rich Roll.
Yeah Rich Roll is the one I heard.

What daily exercise do you do?
Is there like a 5 min everyday routine on YouTube??
Any links?

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah Rich Roll is the one I heard.

What daily exercise do you do?
Is there like a 5 min everyday routine on YouTube??
Any links?
I’m a Rich Roll guy, if he gets too Vegan Gestapo he loses me, but the guy is a beast!

This is taken off Joe Rogan, it’s easy to follow then you’ll figure out what works best for you.

The fact I can hold my breath with ease for 2.5-3 minutes easily now is pretty compelling that it works.

The fact that a lot of the big wave surfers are on board also says a lot.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m a Rich Roll guy, if he gets too Vegan Gestapo he loses me, but the guy is a beast!

This is taken off Joe Rogan, it’s easy to follow then you’ll figure out what works best for you.

The fact I can hold my breath with ease for 2.5-3 minutes easily now is pretty compelling that it works.

The fact that a lot of the big wave surfers are on board also says a lot.

Hey I just saw it.
Wim Hof is touring Australia in December.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here's one last night laying i bed started spinning like a **** thought fuck that ill shake it off, body start flushing in waves and couldn't feel my feet booth hand and feet dripping sweet ,im pretty sure it's anxiety been through a lot worse but this one was fucking me hard .Ended up at hospital to check was all over the place 3 hrs later the gave me enough drugs to kill and elephants body was fucked brsin still was panic she gave me some for today which i ate while i wss doing tests,
Anyway i have absolutely no recollection of gett home and working today ive been spaced out like a ****

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's one last night laying i bed started spinning like a **** thought fuck that ill shake it off, body start flushing in waves and couldn't feel my feet booth hand and feet dripping sweet ,im pretty sure it's anxiety been through a lot worse but this one was fucking me hard .Ended up at hospital to check was all over the place 3 hrs later the gave me enough drugs to kill and elephants body was fucked brsin still was panic she gave me some for today which i ate while i wss doing tests,
Anyway i have absolutely no recollection of gett home and working today ive been spaced out like a ****
Shit man.... hope you're feeling better this evening... do they have any ideas what it was?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh no Southy..I hope you are feeling better bud..