Israel Folau has Wallabies contract terminated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Little wonder people get drunk, you don't judge people under their own roofs, you judge them on public mutual respect, what they do at home is their own business, ignorant fuck got the sack.
Raelene is probably bi.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Izzy will be off to French rugby earning double what he was on here, don't trigger the letter people lol

Tillo

Waterboy
Reaction score
I guess he will return to the NRL.
Could the Dogs make a play for him, only just turned 30.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's in his contract re social media postings.
Well if that's the case, I think he's done this on purpose to get out of his contract! haha

Can't blame him! I'd want out of that sinking ARU ship as well!

bigstix

Waterboy
Reaction score
I guess he will return to the NRL.
Could the Dogs make a play for him, only just turned 30.
Japanese or French rugby could offer him $2 million a season easy. Can’t see him back in NRL

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coincidence that this is happening at the same time souths likely to medically retire inglis?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wherever it is, I guarantee he already had his next deal lined up before he created that post.
Exactly! He already had a warning about posting stuff like that before so there’s a pretty big chance this was all orchestrated to get him out of the contract.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was warned before. It’s one thing to have your beliefs and that should be respected but when he’s been warned and is saying things like that in public it’s not on. Wonder how he would feel if another rugby player said something racist about Pacific Islanders? It’s ridiculous that someone could be so dumb. Must be trying to get out of his contract

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He isn't sacked yet.... they are intending on terminating his contract.

OFFICIAL STATEMENT:
https://www.rugbyau.com/news/2019/0...-rugby-union-statement-regarding-israel-folau

11th April 2019

Rugby Australia Chief Executive, Raelene Castle and NSW Rugby Union CEO, Andrew Hore have issued the following statement in relation to Israel Folau.

"Rugby Australia and the New South Wales Rugby Union have made repeated attempts to contact Israel both directly and via his representatives since 6.30pm on Wednesday, and at this point he has failed to communicate directly with either organisation.

"Whilst Israel is entitled to his religious beliefs, the way in which he has expressed these beliefs is inconsistent with the values of the sport. We want to make it clear that he does not speak for the game with his recent social media posts.

"Israel has failed to understand that the expectation of him as a Rugby Australia and NSW Waratahs employee is that he cannot share material on social media that condemns, vilifies or discriminates against people on the basis of their sexuality.

"Rugby is a sport that continuously works to unite people. We want everyone to feel safe and welcome in our game and no vilification based on race, gender, religion or sexuality is acceptable and no language that isolates, divides or insults people based on any of those factors can be tolerated.

"As a code we have made it clear to Israel formally and repeatedly that any social media posts or commentary that is in any way disrespectful to people because of their sexuality will result in disciplinary action.

"In the absence of compelling mitigating factors, it is our intention to terminate his contract."

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whilst he's obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer, he does have a history of being a mercenary, so whilst I could think yes, he is that stupid, there is probably a greater chance his people already have the next deal ready to go, as others have suggested.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Will stay in Australia because there are no Hillsongs in France or Japan for him to frequent.

Owns a place out at Glenhaven.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whether you agree with him or not, does he not have a right to free speech?
As an atheist I wish I was a professional sportsperson, so I could demonise all religions. Only fair right?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I bet he ejaculates into his own anus

Status
Not open for further replies.