Opinion James Graham

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Ok don't hang me but I want to talk James Graham. Yeah done to death, so go to another thread now if your not interested.

I loved him at the Dogs, he was built perfectly to be Bulldog for life. It was the biggest player loss I felt in recent times. I was so disappointed he left.

NRL 360 just done a special on him with all his early form. He was just brilliant! Made me wonder how a pack with Napa, Graham and Ogden would look like right now? Lol it would be awesome, other teams would get smashed up huge.

Shame he left, should have been a Doggie great!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has lost so much impact physically and he was declining in his last few years at the Dogs. I think it was a wise decision to move him on if we got the chance.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Actually saw him walking round Wollongong the other day and stopped to have chat to him. At one point in the conversation I told him he should never have left the dogs and his response was I wish I never had to. Such a genuine bloke and is still one of my favourite players in the NRL. Wish he was still playing for us!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He has lost so much impact physically and he was declining in his last few years at the Dogs. I think it was a wise decision to move him on if we got the chance.
Yeah, they showed some St George games (which I haven't been watching lol) and he looks like he's still giving it a go. His experience would be gold right now.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they showed some St George games (which I haven't been watching lol) and he looks like he's still giving it a go. His experience would be gold right now.
He still goes hard but just isn’t the player he was a few years ago which is only natural with his age.You are spot on with his experience it would really help with our young squad.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
He still goes hard but just isn’t the player he was a few years ago which is only natural with his age.You are spot on with his experience it would really help with our young squad.
Yeah no doubt on the physical side but if he adapted his game to allow Ogden and Napa to bully up front while he (Graham) picks on halfbacks etc. His aggression would have suited Dean Pay too!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Always loved him as a player but he is getting on. Head knocks are another issue for him.

SKY-DOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I always admired James Graham, a few threads back was a post with the Rhyse Martin Podcast interview. It was really interesting, he said James Graham was one of the toughest guys on the field but also said he was playing with a lot of injuries, one game he saw James get up from a tackle and his left shoulder and arm dropped from the pain due to a neck injury but he kept on going.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liked him as a player and as a forward pack leader he was fantastic, but I didn’t rate him as a captain. Far Too emotional and he couldn’t speak to the referees without flipping a lid, this often got the team on the wrong side of whistle

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes indeed, what a guy.. he loved the doggs genuinely, played with so much heart too.. and looked much better in a doggies jersey anyway..!!

However He is gone,and we’ve moved on but he will always be a legend for us!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Liked him as a player and as a forward pack leader he was fantastic, but I didn’t rate him as a captain. Far Too emotional and he couldn’t speak to the referees without flipping a lid, this often got the team on the wrong side of whistle
Yeah Captain was never his game, it declined him. He was a leader through example!

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, agree 100%. Always gave his everything. I liked how he often tried to chase down try scorers probably knowing he'd never catch them.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yep i was devastated too when Graham left , but he is well past his best now

Tolman is actually playing better than Graham now.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The love and passion he has for the club will always be appreciated by the fans and is rare in the modern game.

He may have played his last few years at Saints but he'll be a Bulldog for life.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok don't hang me but I want to talk James Graham. Yeah done to death, so go to another thread now if your not interested.

I loved him at the Dogs, he was built perfectly to be Bulldog for life. It was the biggest player loss I felt in recent times. I was so disappointed he left.

NRL 360 just done a special on him with all his early form. He was just brilliant! Made me wonder how a pack with Napa, Graham and Ogden would look like right now? Lol it would be awesome, other teams would get smashed up huge.

Shame he left, should have been a Doggie great!
Before had orchiectomy surgery, i had him as heading into Bulldogs hall of fame. But then post surgery....

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve supported the dogs for 35 years and he is one of my favourites. I feel he is really carrying injuries now and he is not as damaging as 2012-2015. NRL week to week hard tough games must be harder then super leagues odd easy games every few weeks, but just shows how tough and enduring he is. Sad he didn’t get to win a premiership in the NRL for us and he only won one in superleague. Unhappy he left for Woods after he could have played a mentor role to some of our young pups

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love James but I am ok with him being at St George. He still plays tough but his best days are past him and we need to go for 21-23 year olds as we regenerate our roster

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Legend.. led the way in actions and words.. complete professional..

I can only have complete respect for the man for him to do what he does week in week out for all these years since he was a teen in England..

Complete champion on and off the field shame he didnt win a comp with us..

Up there with our bwst ever recruits..