Brodie Croft (The Fan)

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Was just on 'The Fan' with Vossy, said his favourite team growing up was the Bulldogs and that his favourite player was none other than Brent Sherwin. Knew I liked the boy for a reason haha.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Ahahahaha let him have another few years at the Storm to develop and gain finals experience and then bring him over.
ahaha yeah im happy with Cogger, but yeah definitely wouldnt say no to Croft, considering how much he loves to run the footy.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't have picked that, kid from Dalby

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Last edited:

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was just on 'The Fan' with Vossy, said his favourite team growing up was the Bulldogs and that his favourite player was none other than Brent Sherwin. Knew I liked the boy for a reason haha.
I was going to bring that up as well. Definitely try and snare him in the future

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Croft does not suit the melbourne style of play,he is at his best when he can play what is in front him I think him and lewy would make an awesome 6/7 combo

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah I don't think hes a bad player. I just think he's stuck in a system that is controlled by Smith and Munster. I noticed on the weekend that Smith either went himself or went straight to Munster. Croft is pretty much their 7th option in attack lol he would benefit a lot by a change in environment.

Also what is happening to Brandon Smith should be spoken about. He is an absolute tank who should be playing 80mins at hooker but he's stuck behind the flog Smith. I would love for Brandon and Croft to both leave the club next season leaving Melbourne stuck behind the receding hairline cock jock.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think hes a bad player. I just think he's stuck in a system that is controlled by Smith and Munster. I noticed on the weekend that Smith either went himself or went straight to Munster. Croft is pretty much their 7th option in attack lol he would benefit a lot by a change in environment.

Also what is happening to Brandon Smith should be spoken about. He is an absolute tank who should be playing 80mins at hooker but he's stuck behind the flog Smith. I would love for Brandon and Croft to both leave the club next season leaving Melbourne stuck behind the receding hairline cock jock.
Yeah I can't see why Brandon would want to stay at the Storm for another season, I rate him so so highly, he plays like a Bulldog, would really be a coup and as much as we hate him he has studied under one of the greatest hookers ever.

Can't believe that the Storm are going to have a spine of:

1. Hughes
6. Munster
7. Croft
9. B.Smith

All being some of the most highly regarded young players in the game and after having Slater, Cronk and C.Smith for the past decade. Oh and I forgot to mention Papenhuyzen, a young fullback who they signed from the Tigers a few years ago and at the time was regarded as one of the best youngsters around, he had a major injury if I remember correctly but he is only 20 and made his debut against us from the bench last week.

Also the Cowboys must be spewing considering they had both Hughes and B.Smith before losing them to the Storm, and now their crying out for a fullback and hooker.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I can't see why Brandon would want to stay at the Storm for another season, I rate him so so highly, he plays like a Bulldog, would really be a coup and as much as we hate him he has studied under one of the greatest hookers ever.

Can't believe that the Storm are going to have a spine of:

1. Hughes
6. Munster
7. Croft
9. B.Smith

All being some of the most highly regarded young players in the game and after having Slater, Cronk and C.Smith for the past decade. Oh and I forgot to mention Papenhuyzen, a young fullback who they signed from the Tigers a few years ago and at the time was regarded as one of the best youngsters around, he had a major injury if I remember correctly but he is only 20 and made his debut against us from the bench last week.

Also the Cowboys must be spewing considering they had both Hughes and B.Smith before losing them to the Storm, and now their crying out for a fullback and hooker.
The Bulldogs are going to make a resurgence. Gone are the days when we sign middle aged players that never quite made it at other clubs as fill ins. We chased promising youth for this season and I think we might keep doing well with the strategy. If we manage to get any of our youngsters into rep contention we look more appealing to other good youngsters. To my way of thinking it's why Melbourne's crop of youngsters is good. The club is seen as a good pathway to a rep career.

It could take a few years, but I think we're going to be counted as a powerhouse team again within a few years.