Vegans cause chaos in Australia's capital cities

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TO add to my comment above, I believe, in general, we all have a right to peaceful protest. Its a cornerstone of a democratic society.

But there are obviously ways to go about things. Take for example, your usual union protest or the recent climate change ones. They are properly organised, police are notified and they can ensure that proper procedures are in place, and the public is advised as to when the inconvenience will take place. Then there are the numerous smaller protests where people stand on the footpath outside places with megaphones. Again, not annoying too many, but hopefully getting their message across......

Just rocking up causing mayhem also puts the protesters on personal danger, not to mention obviously pissing many more people off, not good.

Whilst many protests, legal or not, cause inconvenience to the public (its a good way to get attention), one of the aims of protests is also to get the word out there and maybe garner some support/sympathy to your cause. I would say that these protests, as well as the farm invasions, haven't done so. The Shovel probably covered it best today:

BREAKING: Thousands Of Melburnians Convert To Veganism After Having Their Morning Totally Ruined
By The Shovel on April 8, 2019

Saying that being an hour-and-a-half late for work was just the nudge they needed to change their eating habits, thousands of Melbourne residents become vegans today.

Melbourne CBD worker Jenny Herbert said she was a little unconvinced about becoming a vegan before today.

“But when I was stuck stationary on a tram for an hour and heard that the bottom half of the city was blocked off by protesters, the thought of a tofu burger did seem more appealing. There’s nothing like having your whole morning ruined to get you on board a new way of thinking”.

Office worker Ryan Lethlian said he usually had a beef sandwich for lunch. “But after missing a morning meeting and then having to walk for half an hour to get to work, I am very much craving a lettuce salad,” he said.

“I love how they’ve gone about it. This is how to win hearts and minds”.
Are you allowed to have a peaceful protest as an example against abortion? Or is that hate speech? Peaceful protest against gay marriage? Just so I know where the line is drawn and the standards of “peaceful protest”

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The minute they rocked up, Public Order and Riot Squad should have marched in and unleashed CS Gas.

Or just bring the fire brigade in and hit them with the hoses. Guarantee they move.

The bloke at 0:34 in this video. If anyone else finds a video of him, PLEASE post it up here :D
Police using angle grinders to cut them off the vans... I have a better idea. Just jump in the vans and floor it. Either the chains will snap or their arm will tear off.. either way it's a win win.

Or the alternative is jump in the van, stick it in reverse, and call the coroner to collect the body instead.

Either way it resolves the issue.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Where do they find the strength to hold up them placards? The mind truly boggles.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you allowed to have a peaceful protest as an example against abortion? Or is that hate speech? Peaceful protest against gay marriage? Just so I know where the line is drawn and the standards of “peaceful protest”
You should be allowed to. They banned peaceful protests outside abortion clinics because they were rarely peaceful.

There was too many situations where the people attempting to enter were blocked and harassed which is a pity 'cause it ruined it for the people who wanted to actually protest peacefully.

Same goes for the vegans though. Nothing wrong with a peaceful protest but when they block traffic then they need to be either arrested or ground up and made into hamburgers.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If they keep entering private property sooner or later someone will be seriously hurt or killed. They are acting like terrorists the idiots

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they keep entering private property sooner or later someone will be seriously hurt or killed.
Hope so. Farmers should not have to live their life in fear because of jobless animal fuckers like these. Hopefully they piss off the wrong farmer one day any their family is made to pick pieces of their face off the farm.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
They say that Malbourne is the world's most liveable city. Between the constant attacks they have, their shit fucking weather, turning left from the right lane (or vice versa) and the gang problems that are definitely, absolutely not Sudanese why the fuck would you want to live there?

Only thing I'll give them is they know how to run a sport and make it national unlike our corrupt boys club.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
They say that Malbourne is the world's most liveable city. Between the constant attacks they have, their shit fucking weather, turning left from the right lane (or vice versa) and the gang problems that are definitely, absolutely not Sudanese why the fuck would you want to live there?

Only thing I'll give them is they know how to run a sport and make it national unlike our corrupt boys club.
Well they know how to run a sport but not entirely. I mean they chase NRL players FFS, can't produce their own (then again why would an NRL player want to play in the NRL)?

Wahesh

Reaction score
but when they block traffic then they need to be either arrested or ground up and made into hamburgers.
Might I make a suggestion? Just say the word and I'll call Bennie and Jet!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do they not realise how many more meat eaters are born every single day? It's a losing battle... But let's be honest, they only want attention.. I've got friends who have never eaten meat in their lives due to their upbringing, and you wouldn't even know it, because it's a way of life for them, not something to use against their fellow man

Wahesh

Reaction score
Do they not realise how many more meat eaters are born every single day? It's a losing battle... But let's be honest, they only want attention.. I've got friends who have never eaten meat in their lives due to their upbringing, and you wouldn't even know it, because it's a way of life for them, not something to use against their fellow man
Mate I agree. When I was overseas, I actually went a day without eating meat because I was put off by hearing cries from a cow that got slaughtered (old school villages that do things the traditional way in the Mediterranean). I can completely understand people being vegetarian for any number of reasons, however being a vegan and not having dairy simply because it comes from an animal (harmlessly mind you) is utterly stupid. However I was back ripping into meat again the following night. Not problem with peoples ideologies but just don't pass your shit onto others. They are criminals and borderline terrorists. Glad Scott Morrison come out hammering them.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vegan delusions is massive look on vegan youtube channels they are having a massive circle jerk on how Veganism is taking over , dairy is dying and how they are all doing great things they thank each other for what they are doing for the animals .
Now if you point our 7 billion people are not vegan,kfc kills a billion chickens alone a year, while there's other milk alternatives dairy consumption is rising, and 85% percent of people attempting Veganism fail. Watch their bullshit comebacks .
Its usually " enjoy your heart disease " lol
I spend to much time stiring vegans

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate I agree. When I was overseas, I actually went a day without eating meat because I was put off by hearing cries from a cow that got slaughtered (old school villages that do things the traditional way in the Mediterranean). I can completely understand people being vegetarian for any number of reasons, however being a vegan and not having dairy simply because it comes from an animal (harmlessly mind you) is utterly stupid. However I was back ripping into meat again the following night. Not problem with peoples ideologies but just don't pass your shit onto others. They are criminals and borderline terrorists. Glad Scott Morrison come out hammering them.
If veganism wasn't controversial, you wouldn't hear from most of them... They use veganism as a guise, but I guarantee half of them spend fa time looking after animals, or going to pet shelters etc. And you're right, peaceful protest my ass.. I know plenty of these people and I'm sure most on here do as well.. they go out with an intent to cause trouble and fuck with people's day, just for attention

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You should be allowed to. They banned peaceful protests outside abortion clinics because they were rarely peaceful.

There was too many situations where the people attempting to enter were blocked and harassed which is a pity 'cause it ruined it for the people who wanted to actually protest peacefully.

Same goes for the vegans though. Nothing wrong with a peaceful protest but when they block traffic then they need to be either arrested or ground up and made into hamburgers.
Farmers apparently calling into talk back radio and saying they will upping their electric fences to keep those pieces of shit off their properties.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vegan delusions is massive look on vegan youtube channels they are having a massive circle jerk on how Veganism is taking over , dairy is dying and how they are all doing great things they thank each other for what they are doing for the animals .
Now if you point our 7 billion people are not vegan,kfc kills a billion chickens alone a year, while there's other milk alternatives dairy consumption is rising, and 85% percent of people attempting Veganism fail. Watch their bullshit comebacks .
Its usually " enjoy your heart disease " lol
I spend to much time stiring vegans
They live in a fantasy land... They think that because more and more companies now offer a vegan option that it's progress... When in reality it's just another market for said companies... Like they would demonize the likes of Hungry Jacks and Dominos, but now they are helping promote them... I mean how stupid are they, it's not like these companies aren't still selling the same amount of meat and dairy products

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Vegans need to lighten up.

I know muslims who eat ham and enjoy it.
they’re not supposed to, but still do.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Some vegans are nice people who believe they are doing the right thing, others are overly militant psychos. Such is life...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So what happens in these situations:

Situation A: Vegans storm into a farm and injure themselves on a fence, or end up getting kicked in the head/chest and suffering serious injury. Does that mean they end up suing the farmer?
Situation B: Vegans storm an abattoir, fall over on the floor and injure themselves. Does that mean they sue the abattoir?
Situation C/D: Vegans enter an establishment with strict biosecurity regulations to prevent meat being tainted. By entering these establishments the meat is tainted and therefore must be destroyed. Who cops the cost for that?

The way these idiots are going on they'll end up resulting in law changes to ALL protests, not just animal protests. Politicians will just change it to something like "you can protest but not hinder or inconvenience any member of the public", hence no road protests, just in a park by yourselves.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I would be a vegan too if it wasn't for the double quarter pounder hamburger

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
btw these guys should go to Africa and protest lions when they eat a zebra or something, why do they pick on humans?