Opinion Bulldogs spine is the best in years!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yesterday our entire spine was phenomenal, I could not believe what I was watching tbh! Between JMK, Lachlan Lewis, Cogger and Meaney they all played with the finnese of 10 year experienced players and dictacted the pace and play to the Storm, absolutely had them bamboozled! Special mention must go to JMK, his dummy half speed and delivery to the right players at the right time was the best I’ve seen in years, I was pleading with Pay to leave him there for the entire 80 minutes, however, Lichaa was brought on and as soon as he was play slowed down considerably, and the Storm started picking our plays better because we became predictable. Jayden Okunbor is great and effectively fills the same role that Blake Ferguson does for the Eels, plenty of return metres and heavy involvment in the game. Despite the loss I’m so proud of the boys and am loving what I’m seeing keep it up Doggies!

Your thought’s Kennellers...
I like your optimism, and clearly it's nice to see the boys playing well and with a bit of passion.

However, I think it's best that we be careful with heaping too much praise on these young boys as they've still got plenty to grow. Meaney's only played two games, Cogger one, Lewis not a lot and JMK has only really just started now.

Let's give the boys some time, and some support as they'll have some bad games too. We need to be realistic and say that we'll be able to judge them a little better in 5-6 games more I think.

However, I do agree that it's looking much better

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ye h pretty much agree Lichaa is not a 9 he wants to prolong his Career I’d be bulking up and playing in the back row forget being a 9

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The surprising thing for me is that perhaps we aren't in as bad a shape as I thought we were team wise. I think the Club is doing an awesome job and after watching the youngsters run around I think we are maybe only about 3-4 players off the team we need. The idea of having a long term FB, 6, 7 & maybe a 9 in our team already is exciting.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The surprising thing for me is that perhaps we aren't in as bad a shape as I thought we were team wise. I think the Club is doing an awesome job and after watching the youngsters run around I think we are maybe only about 3-4 players off the team we need. The idea of having a long term FB, 6, 7 & maybe a 9 in our team already is exciting.
agreed

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Really happy for Cogger, he's been working hard and been doing good things in Canterbury Cup. What I'm most impressed with is what the guys are doing off the ball, especially the tackling machine that is Lewis... The boys are really putting in for each other and results will come off the back of it

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meaney has added a lot and has played very well the last two games without overpaying his hand. I'd like to see him push up and support more often, especially off guys like CHN who offload at will.. I'd also like to see his ballplaying utilised more often..

I'm not too convinced by Cogger yet. He seems like the type of player who won't do much to hurt you but not much to help you. Hes a solid player but to me he's a stop gap option and I would have preferred they signed someone with more upside.

Lewis' attacking game and kicks have been all over the place so far but his defence has been phenomenal and his effort second to none. I'm sure he'll improve the attacking side soon..

JMK deserves a tonne of praise for how he's stepped up at hooker. He's just playing his role and not overdoing it, but his service has been very good and his defence awesome.

That being said, long term I still think the club needs to sign another half for Lewis (hopefully a dynamic running half to complement him) and a hooker that puts more pressure on the defence and can spark the attack more.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney has added a lot and has played very well the last two games without overpaying his hand. I'd like to see him push up and support more often, especially off guys like CHN who offload at will.. I'd also like to see his ballplaying utilised more often..

I'm not too convinced by Cogger yet. He seems like the type of player who won't do much to hurt you but not much to help you. Hes a solid player but to me he's a stop gap option and I would have preferred they signed someone with more upside.

Lewis' attacking game and kicks have been all over the place so far but his defence has been phenomenal and his effort second to none. I'm sure he'll improve the attacking side soon..

JMK deserves a tonne of praise for how he's stepped up at hooker. He's just playing his role and not overdoing it, but his service has been very good and his defence awesome.

That being said, long term I still think the club needs to sign another half for Lewis (hopefully a dynamic running half to complement him) and a hooker that puts more pressure on the defence and can spark the attack more.
I think Cogger and Lewis will work out ok for us. Both need quality mentoring from a modern day half for their development.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats a different team without foran. Im going tp piss a few people off but they all played better without him, there football was exiting to watch as they were playing the same style of footie they played end of last season and foran wasnt there.
At least we know we can play footy with out him .