Opinion Second Half Fades

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Match fitness although we were just as fit as Melbourne. We had more injuries, team full of pups, less class and still should have beat the fuks, refs did the rest!

Everyone looking for stuff to pick the team apart about and can't just say, "Good game boys, proud of you!" Most pride shown in about 5 years and still not good enough for some. Wrongly I thought everyone would be happy of that effort.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Ive always said that JJ is not a complete Captain. He doesnt seem able to martial the troops and shut down games.
I know hes a great player, but not that great as a skipper. Foran is the best option (when fit).
So we're going to pick a captain who will spend half the season on the sidelines? I don’t see how this would be a great move, quite frankly.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the big factors of us being close in most of our games last season was our senior players leading with action, and despite Jackson not having his best games in rounds 1 and 2, he has turned it around and finding some real form... Tolman and Jacko are quality leaders and if you think otherwise, look at teams like Titans and the Knights, Broncos etc

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We get a lead

We stop balling

We try protect the lead

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fast game in the day, only one trial hahaha
We have become Canberra

Just a young team without to many on field leaders, this is where we need experience in the spine but that’s not the team we have but I’m enjoying watching them play and hope they learn quick real quick

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Young team, very green they will learn to hold on to games
They are really sticking it to teams
Only way to learn ....

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Need more strike players with individual ability. We found one with Okunbor. Need a few more

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two things in particular causing this:

- Side is obviously not fit enough.

- Squad is young and with that comes not enough focus. The gameplan is obviously good, but they lose focus at certain points of the game which is really costing them.
Spot on. We sustained high quality football for long periods against IMO the benchmark.
We are going and inexperienced so there are going to be times we get it wrong but that is where we are at.
We are not fit enough and ok I agree with that, but.....
It’s a fact as a human you can only sustain peak fitness for 3-4 weeks. From then you need time to repair to get back to your top. If we were the fittest side in the Comp it is unsustainable for the duration of the season. We don’t have depth to allow for injuries so being slightly underdone is inevitable. A side like the Broncos or Roosters can afford to be fully wound up as they have the depth to sustain injuries. Some are impact/ accidental but a lot of others are from pushing the body too far on a daily/weekly basis.
I could go on but footballers are not robots that can be subdued to high intensity peak performance over a sustained period as they are only human. I hate him but this is something Dr Desball understood.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Every ref has improved this year except for kumquat Cummins. There's definitely an agenda their. Remember last year against souths with Jackson's sinbin. He got it wrong. Yesterday's decisions again. He has well and truly been pushed in a corner. I'm glad Pay bit his tongue.