NRL makes massive blunder re Rhyse Martin kicking position.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
... I dunno much about goal kicking but does the 3m thing matter? He sprayed it so hard, I doubt it would have helped.
Nope. Everyone that kicks goals always has a dig from the sideline.. Its just a goal kicking thing. I personally find it harder from right in front than from out wide because of the mental aspect.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who were wondering why it looked like Reece was kicking the goal a lot
More wider than were we scored close to full time,
Well the mark was set incorrectly and Graham Annesley Called dean pay to apologise.
I’m sure the few metres would of made a huge difference?
That Snake Cummings must be costing Annesley a fortune in phone bills from all the apologia phone calls he has had to make to The Bulldogs every time that Fuckwit referees our games.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ill give u another blunder... that's not how you spell > RHYSE <

By the way can I just say his an absolute gun. Unlucky he didn't get that kick because his stocks would have hit 4-500k easy.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I noticed this when we scored. If the refs missed it, then what is the so called bunker for?

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not the only things the refs weren’t “paying attention” to on the day, fucking arseholes!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Your on the crack aren’t you !!
Fcuk your an ignorant person. You do realise anybody reading your comment that has actually goal kicked or even just played footy before know you have no idea...

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So can we go back and get the kick taken again and then go to golden point pls? Hahahaha

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well you'd think Rhyse would have remembered the proximity of where the try was scored if the refs didn't, and say something.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
what pissed me off most is that the try scorer made no attempt to come back in. He wasted a good 3-4 metres running towards the sideline when he was well in the clear. Selfish and shortsighted of him. No one thinks about how to make the job easier for the next guy. It’s always about themself
Maybe because there were 4 Storm jerseys blocking his path

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rhys was tired and clearly fatigued, he was taking in big ones 15 minutes before the end of the game.

Rhys would have missed it even if i was 3-4 m in from the side.

Doesnt matter anyway cos Storm would have won in the extra time, refs were never letting us win this one.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I mentioned it to my old girl who I was watching it with when it happened.. might only be a few metres but a fair psychological difference.. anyway it is what it is and we move forward

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don’t think it would have mattered, game over, we did brilliantly and that’s all the matters! It happend and he will be better for it when it counts in the next pressure situation :grinning:

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ben Cummins always fucks up in our games he shouldn’t ref our games anymore remember the josh Jackson incident last year ? Cummins is a gronk should be dropped

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah, its called geometry.
No doubt, geometry does also come into it, angles and what not expanding your target.

Technique is also a major factor like getting your head over ball to keep it straight or open your body up and wrap your foot around the ball to make it curve.

I was actually explaining to a few boys yesterday how good Martin is considering his got a lot of halligan in him. The way he curves it then gets it to straighten up... Sublime.