Opinion Bulldogs spine is the best in years!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yesterday our entire spine was phenomenal, I could not believe what I was watching tbh! Between JMK, Lachlan Lewis, Cogger and Meaney they all played with the finnese of 10 year experienced players and dictacted the pace and play to the Storm, absolutely had them bamboozled! Special mention must go to JMK, his dummy half speed and delivery to the right players at the right time was the best I’ve seen in years, I was pleading with Pay to leave him there for the entire 80 minutes, however, Lichaa was brought on and as soon as he was play slowed down considerably, and the Storm started picking our plays better because we became predictable. Jayden Okunbor is great and effectively fills the same role that Blake Ferguson does for the Eels, plenty of return metres and heavy involvment in the game. Despite the loss I’m so proud of the boys and am loving what I’m seeing keep it up Doggies!

Your thought’s Kennellers...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
can i have Pays phone number ?? id like to plead my case :grinning:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s just great to watch in general, everyone Doing their jobs, lots of positives all over the park, things are coming together for players/coach and board.!! All doing a awesome job and it’s nice to see !! gives hope and lots to look forward too in the coming weeks/months/years..!!!!

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday our entire spine was phenomenal, I could not believe what I was watching tbh! Between JMK, Lachlan Lewis, Cogger and Meaney they all played with the finnese of 10 year experienced players and dictacted the pace and play to the Storm, absolutely had them bamboozled! Special mention must go to JMK, his dummy half speed and delivery to the right players at the right time was the best I’ve seen in years, I was pleading with Pay to leave him there for the entire 80 minutes, however, Lichaa was brought on and as soon as he was play slowed down considerably, and the Storm started picking our plays better because we became predictable. Jayden Okunbor is great and effectively fills the same role that Blake Ferguson does for the Eels, plenty of return metres and heavy involvment in the game. Despite the loss I’m so proud of the boys and am loving what I’m seeing keep it up Doggies!

True that....the future is looking bright.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney was dying with 15min to go with cramps and really goes missing in attacking formations.

Cogger did not put in 1 kick that hit the ground first. They were all little chipkick bombs that put the back 3 under no pressure at all. He's also extremely slow and doesn't run it to the line enough in my opinion.

Lewis was amazing defensively and is our most important player at the moment. He's still got a mistake to two in him, but that comes with experience.

JMK has really surprised me this year. He just needs to work on his fitness so he can be an 80min hooker.

In saying all this, I was still happy with the guys. I'm just not sold at all on it being the best spine we've had in years yet.

El Mag-Nick

Waterboy
Reaction score
Meaney was dying with 15min to go with cramps and really goes missing in attacking formations.

Cogger did not put in 1 kick that hit the ground first. They were all little chipkick bombs that put the back 3 under no pressure at all. He's also extremely slow and doesn't run it to the line enough in my opinion.

Lewis was amazing defensively and is our most important player at the moment. He's still got a mistake to two in him, but that comes with experience.

JMK has really surprised me this year. He just needs to work on his fitness so he can be an 80min hooker.

In saying all this, I was still happy with the guys. I'm just not sold at all on it being the best spine we've had in years yet.
Any spine without Lichaa is better than a spine with Lichaa, the fact he’s been our 9 for 4 years means that this spine is the best in at least 4 years, aside from the games where he was injured and Cook filled in.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Any spine without Lichaa is better than a spine with Lichaa, the fact he’s been our 9 for 4 years means that this spine is the best in at least 4 years, aside from the games where he was injured and Cook filled in.
I can't argue that lol

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Meaney was dying with 15 minutes to go ummmm did you not see the leg pull Vunivalu did on him??? I think that might have something to do with him struggling for the remaining 15 min, he did well just to stay in the game, also, the kid has only played under 10 games in first grade ffs. It was obvious to me that Pay knew our kicking game is lacking so he went in with a passing gameplan which Cogger and co executed perfectly, or were you watching a different game to me??? Not sure you’ve actually played the game judging by your comments, and harsh criticism of our young guys. Let’s remember folks we were written off by everybody yesterday and that these new guys are only KIDS and for what they did against a battle hardened Storm team they need some good support and positive praise rather than what we are all used to dishing out to our team here on the Kennel. For what it’s worth, it was a glimmer of hope, something we have not had for a long time at the Dogs and I’m going to enjoy it rather than be a miserable critical ****!

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What’s nice is Meaney looks like a proper fullback. If we can get a proper hooker like Robson or Brailey then our spine will look so much better. If this young core can continue to grow together I’m sure brighter days are ahead

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Meaney was dying with 15 minutes to go ummmm did you not see the leg pull Vunivalu did on him??? I think that might have something to do with him struggling for the remaining 15 min, he did well just to stay in the game, also, the kid has only played under 10 games in first grade ffs. It was obvious to me that Pay knew our kicking game is lacking so he went in with a passing gameplan which Cogger and co executed perfectly, or were you watching a different game to me??? Not sure you’ve actually played the game judging by your comments, and harsh criticism of our young guys. Let’s remember folks we were written off by everybody yesterday and that these new guys are only KIDS and for what they did against a battle hardened Storm team they need some good support and positive praise rather than what we are all used to dishing out to our team here on the Kennel. For what it’s worth, it was a glimmer of hope, something we have not had for a long time at the Dogs and I’m going to enjoy it rather than be a miserable critical ****!
Absolutely correct!!! Couldn’t of said it better myself mate.!!

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I really like the look of Meaney, absolute gun. Lewis is a machine. Cogger looked good and JMK defended well. I still think we should go after a 9 like Api from Manly and JMK can have the bench spot or just be back up. Hopefully we can keep this form till the end of the year.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Jesus Christ relax! I was still happy with them! Just pointing out the obvious, which I'm sure will improve with fitness and experience. Not harsh even a little bit!

I don't need to tell you my experience playing the game. I've played enough of this great game over the years in multiple countries to know what I'm talking about, so you're going to end up in a losing battle if you want to take this route. Lol

For the record I went to the game last night and was one of a few that was cheering the team on. I left that ground proud of our boys.

Seriously relax man...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
We need be careful not to blow our loads prematurely here. Very early days with the youngest squad in the NRL. But other teams will eventually bring through younger squads too.

These bloke will have good and bad games, and most likely have some shockers ahead.

It's important to remember this when heaping on the praise.

Malla

Reaction score
Yeah we shouldn't really judge them until the end of the season. It's one thing to put in a good performance on any given week, but to do it consistently over multiple weeks is what will make them first grade material.

Next week is our first test against Dragons. If we put in this same effort every game of the seasons, we'll probably make the finals.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like others have said JMK seems to have found his position. And should never go near the halves again. Good service, decent defence in the middle. Quick acceleration. But quick to get to the ruck and the play the ball. Lichaa seems to struggle to even get there to begin with. Let alone execute when there.

Meaney probably needs to swap with hoppa at times. Did he do this at all yesterday or did he play the whole game at fullback? He doesn’t follow the ball as well as say a patten who was always there for the offload.

Lewis is getting found out a little. And his miskicks are costing us. 2 out on the full yesterday and I think he had another last week. Honestly for a half landing the ball in the field is the minimum.

To be honest it’s probably the best combos we had with youth on their side. Could be something to build off moving forward. Even if we get a good hooker JMK would be a much better impact utility then lichaa who needs to go midseason if possible.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

im pretty sure we started to lose when lichaa came on

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats a different team without foran. Im going tp piss a few people off but they all played better without him, there football was exiting to watch as they were playing the same style of footie they played end of last season and foran wasnt there.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really like the look of Meaney, absolute gun. Lewis is a machine. Cogger looked good and JMK defended well. I still think we should go after a 9 like Api from Manly and JMK can have the bench spot or just be back up. Hopefully we can keep this form till the end of the year.
I wouldnt swap JMK for Api or make JMK warm the bench. I can see either Nu Brown or Martin going into hooker eventually if JMK is gassed. Our attack looks very different with JMK on the park. I recall before the season started Pay told Martin that he is very important to our side...his footballing skills and versatility are a key in his favor. Unfort. he didnt feature in the 1st 2 games but that was a blessing in disguise really. Martin not that keen on playing hooker, but at least hed be able to kick out of dummy half if need be.