Vunivalus Death Roll on Meaneys leg.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The grub got charged and will miss a game even with a early guilty plea.
Only 1 week? Hope the NRL immediately take steps to enter that tackle onto the vast list of illegal tackles....most of which Storm invented. The other thing that strikes me in watching heaps of replays of it, the lack of response from the Dogs players around Meaney at the time. Someone should have grabbed the grub and thrown him across the field.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
what about the cannonball from eith Felise or asafa ?? cant remember

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 week is a disgraceful decision for a tackle that has only one purpose and that is to mame an opponent..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 week against a different opposition does nothing for us.. can't believe they missed it on the field

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The grub got charged and will miss a game even with a early guilty plea.
I think that's about right. Deserved more than a Grade 1, and was a Grade 2 dangerous contact charge. That's 1-2 weeks.

I said at the time Grade 2-3 it should have been.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
The Storm under Bellamy have found ways to almost rip off opposition player limbs for years now.

I remember one year, another club coach made a big deal out of it and it got media headlines for weeks.

I'm not sure how the storm and Bellamy are still generally looked at as, 'fair' and positive players/coach.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1 week against a different opposition does nothing for us.. can't believe they missed it on the field
Cummins just stood there and watched and waves at Meaney to get up. It’s disgusting.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Cummins just stood there and watched and waves at Meaney to get up. It’s disgusting.
Since the player being charged confirms that the ref made a mistake, a serious potential player injury mistake, and he should be dropped from the rotation. It's not like he can claim that he didn't see it, it was right in front of him and he waved to Meaney to get up.

Go Dogs

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
100% correct could’ve ended Meaneys year.
It could be far worse and be career ending.

Did anyone read the article on Luke O'Donnell in the paper on the weekend? He was tackled in a game against the Tigers where 2 players had each leg and they wishboned him. Tore the ligaments from his pelvis.

It changed his whole life and career.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That's why the players around should have grabbed him. The ensuing embarrassing malee would have given the announcers time to review the tackle. I'm a traditionalist where you play to the whistle BUT that game is gone and this crap remains. Penalty on our try line would have helped.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
but we got penalised for a late leg pull LOL

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The Storm under Bellamy have found ways to almost rip off opposition player limbs for years now.

I remember one year, another club coach made a big deal out of it and it got media headlines for weeks.

I'm not sure how the storm and Bellamy are still generally looked at as, 'fair' and positive players/coach.
I have always stood by the theory because they are in Melbourne then they are looked after to help keep the game alive down there. This is from the top. That's why I believe other salary cap cheating is ignored, Cam Smith is allowed to boss the refs around and their general grub tactics have been allowed all these years. Remember Slater the super grub with his kicking out while catching kicks....nothing to see.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why the players around should have grabbed him. The ensuing embarrassing malee would have given the announcers time to review the tackle. I'm a traditionalist where you play to the whistle BUT that game is gone and this crap remains. Penalty on our try line would have helped.
Yeah, I hate players milking for a penalty with a passion, but when this dirty shit happens in front of the ref/touchies/bunker and play on is the call, its easy to understand why it happens.

And now the Mooboys get the advantage with grub **** out this week, nothing for the Dogs.

Just another of the fucked things about the game. Like give a $1900 fine for an intentional trip...really? Used to be a send off/suspension.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Noticed the same thing. Joey mentioned something happened in the tackle and was really obviously silent during the replay. 9 probably cut his mic for a minute and reprimanded him for saying something against the storm
no the **** suddenly remembered where his next brown paper bag was coming from

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 week is a disgraceful decision for a tackle that has only one purpose and that is to mame an opponent..
And we didn’t even get a penalty for it when Meaney was screaming at the ref! No chance they would help us get off our line

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Only 1 week? Hope the NRL immediately take steps to enter that tackle onto the vast list of illegal tackles....most of which Storm invented. The other thing that strikes me in watching heaps of replays of it, the lack of response from the Dogs players around Meaney at the time. Someone should have grabbed the grub and thrown him across the field.
Then it would've been a hate crime.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
And we didn’t even get a penalty for it when Meaney was screaming at the ref! No chance they would help us get off our line
but we got penalised for a leg pull in the play the ball that was not at all dangerous....

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vunivalu has been charged for this tackle and facing a weeks suspension. How did all four officials miss this FFS!!