Official Round 4 Press Conference

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of teams talk about how to beat Melbourne, don't get into a wrestle mid field, but yesterday we executed on what was an excellent game plan by the Coach. With Foran, Napa and CHN playing their usual minutes we would have won that game by a long way. The ball movement was immense and we still completed at a high rate, not an easy thing to do, shows the result of the pre season ball work. I particularly liked the tactic of Hightower running straight at Smith, I don't think that was accidental. A tactic I expect other teams to employ as the season unfolds.

A learning, don't stand 2 forwards next to each other off a scrum while an opposition half lines up between them. Obviously a planned play, the counter is simple, we need to watch how the opposition lines up and take appropriate defensive action. Don't take the same positions every scrum, adjust to what the opposition throws at you.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone see Bill harrigan in controvery corner .. the flop reckons 2 of our tries came from ref errors .. i honestly have no idea what he was talking about .. besides that, what about the 20 other occasions the refs f'd us over you massive flop ..

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
anyone see Bill harrigan in controvery corner .. the flop reckons 2 of our tries came from ref errors .. i honestly have no idea what he was talking about .. besides that, what about the 20 other occasions the refs f'd us over you massive flop ..
Lol.. bet he didn't mention Smith's forward passes, or the fact that the the penalty count ended up 9-4 despite no real difference between the teams as far as ill discipline goes

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Worth a look at Bellamy's presser from an opposition perspective, and lets face the best coach in the game. He had a lot of praise for us. The attacking skills and working them sideline to sideline and our defense in the first half. He also singled out Lewis' exceptional try saving tackles.

We were a headache for bellyache

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol.. bet he didn't mention Smith's forward passes, or the fact that the the penalty count ended up 9-4 despite no real difference between the teams as far as ill discipline goes
Bit disappointing for him I'm sure he'll be talking to the refs about this

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still confused about Pay. Those first 2 rounds were a completely different coach to what he has been over the last fortnight. Either he was throwing games to get re-signed or he was still working out the squad. Baffles me because some decisions he made were mind boggling.