Napa's ankle injury

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Napa thinks ankle damage not as serious as Foran's injury
Canterbury prop Dylan Napa is hopeful he won't require surgery on the ankle injury he picked up against Melbourne on Sunday.

Napa hurt his ankle in the opening exchanges of the 18-16 loss to the Storm at AAMI Park, but tried to battle on manfully until he finally realised he was "becoming a liability to his side" after 15 minutes.

The Queenslander was seen leaving the ground in a moon boot on Sunday evening, with scans in Sydney on Monday to determine the severity of the injury.

The Bulldogs lost Kieran Foran for three months to a similar ankle injury last week.

"I don’t think it is as near as bad as Kieran's," Napa said.

"He is out for three months, so hopefully fingers crossed I am back within a few weeks. I was thinking how Kieran played the whole game, so I sort of felt like a bit of a cat when I went off.

"By the end of it I was becoming a bit of a liability in defence and I could hear the Storm say 'get at Napa', so I wasn’t really comfortable letting the team down."

With Napa sitting on the sidelines for much of the contest, the Bulldogs put in a brave performance against the Storm and could have forced extra time if Rhyse Martin was successful with a conversion late in the match.

But the kick was well wide and Bulldogs coach Dean Pay was left to rue the loss of Napa and the lack of rotations available through his interchange bench.

"Losing Dylan was a telling blow for us," Pay said.

"He is an Origin player and you take an Origin player out of a game ... that’s a big loss.

"I was so proud of the boys that picked up the slack for the rest of the game."

Pay has now thrown a challenge to his players and wants them to produce that type of performance on a consistent basis.

"We played better than what we did last week," he said.

"I was really proud of the boys the way they hung in and played until the death.

"We are starting to build and we want to make sure we turn up and do that next week."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/07/napa-thinks-ankle-damage-not-as-serious-as-forans-injury/

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s soo unfortunate. Fucking gutted... Naps is Awesome, to see him go down like that was a cruel blow! Just when he was starting to find his old form.. I’m a HUGE fan and he is quickly becoming a fav.

Hope he is back very soon. Wish him all the bloody best for a quick recovery.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The club can't take a trick at the moment. Hopefully Napa is back soon because if he plays like he did the last two games his whole time at the club, he'd have silenced all the critics of the signing, myself included..

Ogden should start, play 25 minutes and then come back on for the last 20 plus minutes. He's earned the opportunity.

Please don't pick Sue again though. I'd rather RFM came back on the bench and Elliott and even Martin played in the middle for longer.

Brendan07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
As a doctor it depends what grade the syndesmosis is. Foran's was on the medium scale.

As a guess, 3 weeks minimum but can get towards 12-16 weeks for a higher side.

We won't know till the scans

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Let me retract that. Just checked the C Cup results WTF happened ....
RFM or Fualalo.

Both were "meh" in a losing side but put in decent metres.

I don't believe Sue should get a shot as he still hasn't learned to defend.

Basically we went to shit with Marschke as our leading half, and Alex Seve brought up from Flegg in the halves. No direction, no ball much to Seve, and we looked like we never showed up. Crichton was beyond shithouse.

Combine that with the worst defensive effort from a fullback in the modern game (forcing our hooker to fullback it was that shit).

If I'm the coach in NSW Cup next week I'd play Nu Brown and Marschke in the halves, and bring in Hetherington at hooker.
"He is out for three months, so hopefully fingers crossed I am back within a few weeks. I was thinking how Kieran played the whole game, so I sort of felt like a bit of a cat when I went off.
"By the end of it I was becoming a bit of a liability in defence and I could hear the Storm say 'get at Napa', so I wasn’t really comfortable letting the team down."
The more I hear of Napa, the more I really like the guy. Almost sounds like at Roosters he was "just a player", whereas now he feels part of the Bulldogs family (as clichee as that sounds).

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck I was hoping he would be back next week.

we already have the weaker sqaud and now we lose two of our best players in two consecutive weeks.

Lady luck just doesnt want to know about us at all.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who comes in for Napa next week ? Anyone stand up in Canterbury Cup ? RFM to middle ?
Bronson Garlic was amazing in reggies...RFM was average at best

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully his back next week plus we are lucky Meaney didn’t suffer the same injury.
That Cocoa Nut was hell bent on doing some damage, lucky Meaney was agile enough to flip himself over with the twist, will be interesting to see if he gets sighted.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That Cocoa Nut was hell bent on doing some damage, lucky Meaney was agile enough to flip himself over with the twist, will be interesting to see if he gets sighted.
He’s the filthiest player in the game he has does so much of dirty stuff that never gets spotted.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He’s the filthiest player in the game he has does so much of dirty stuff that never gets spotted.
Is this Kaufusi you are talking about? That fella is a real student of Bellamy...

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
RFM or Fualalo.

Both were "meh" in a losing side but put in decent metres..
I think our new recruits have basically confirmed that reserve grade form is not the litmus test how a particular player is going to perform in the first grade.
RFM should be back, he was our best forward early last year when woods and klemmer both of them were playing shit house.
RFM is too good a player to leave him the Reggies.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
RFM or Fualalo.

Both were "meh" in a losing side but put in decent metres.

I don't believe Sue should get a shot as he still hasn't learned to defend.

Basically we went to shit with Marschke as our leading half, and Alex Seve brought up from Flegg in the halves. No direction, no ball much to Seve, and we looked like we never showed up. Crichton was beyond shithouse.

Combine that with the worst defensive effort from a fullback in the modern game (forcing our hooker to fullback it was that shit).

If I'm the coach in NSW Cup next week I'd play Nu Brown and Marschke in the halves, and bring in Hetherington at hooker.

The more I hear of Napa, the more I really like the guy. Almost sounds like at Roosters he was "just a player", whereas now he feels part of the Bulldogs family (as clichee as that sounds).
So Meaney wasn’t that bad in Reggie’s :D