Three huge calls that cost us big time

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be honest if it wasn’t a penalty try it was going to be 10 in the bin...

I’d take the penalty try thanks...

The Storm against 12 men are scoring twice at least

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noted the many many "surrender" tackles applied to our boys in attack, the deliberate hold-down ingrained in Storm's reaction to the "surrender" call and decided lack of surrender calls when we were defending.
Provides a very subtle change to momentum, at the ref's discretion.

~c.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I though Cam (I’m assuming it’s Smith you’re referring to) said something along the lines of “yeah but you’re wrong!” After the ref explained to him a couple of time why they ruled how they did...and the penalty was 100% justified!
Spoken just like a 14 year old spoilt brat

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think apart from the reffing advantage, our biggest issue was ball handling by no 12 , didn't he drop it twice on the way up the line?

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think apart from the reffing advantage, our biggest issue was ball handling by no 12 , didn't he drop it twice on the way up the line?
yeah was a little annoyed with CHN handling... I get that one was an attempted tip on, but I think he had two cold drops. First one before he went off for HIA li think.

we played strong, but still plenty of improvement left. later in the year we could be anything.

86Gtown

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We got penalized twice in one set if you recall. Elliott offside close on Storms line, followed by one where Munster places the ball on the ground whilst on his knees and a penalty against us. That was the killer. Im sure the rule changed last year where a player had to get up on their feet before playing the ball. It was BS call.
Yes i think that was the one he said they were crowding the ruck? Bullshit every time storm were tackled they were getting up and moving foward before playing the ball

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
the hand on the ball was outrageous in that game .. there was one instance where elliot was tackled got to his feet and was fighting to shrug off the hand on the ball it was so blatant .. but the real funny thing is, is that the team that is best known for the wrestle hardly gave away any ruck infringements. most of the penalties we received did not involve a ruck infringement..

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
According to Bill Harrigan on "Controversy Corner", our first two tries came from refereeing errors.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
According to Bill Harrigan on "Controversy Corner", our first two tries came from refereeing errors.
I suppose that's why it's called "controversy corner"

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
The siren isn't the official end of the half or game.

Refs go by their watches.

The watches stop when there is stoppages in play etc.
I’ve never seen a ref blow the whistle before the siren ever.
It’s amazing how it happened to us when there was a chance to score.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And 5hey should sight that big coconut for trying to twist meanys leg off
That was horrendous and should be pulled up by the match review committee, but of course, it wont because he wears a purple jersey.
He is a known grub of the game and gets away with this shit constantly.

The refereeing was horrendous but yes, unfortunately CHN dropped the ball at some crucial times.
He was trying extremely hard. That aside, he has still been up there as one of our best this year.

the hand on the ball was outrageous in that game .. there was one instance where elliot was tackled got to his feet and was fighting to shrug off the hand on the ball it was so blatant .. but the real funny thing is, is that the team that is best known for the wrestle hardly gave away any ruck infringements. most of the penalties we received did not involve a ruck infringement..
It just baffles me that we can play the storm who are known to be happy to give away ruck penalties to slow the ball down and they did it all day and we got NOTHING.
How can you play the storm and have a 4-8 penalty count?
Ridiculous.

I suppose that's why it's called "controversy corner"
Should be called fuckwit corner in that case.
If he wants to say that, then their whole game was the result of refereeing errors.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did we receive penalties???

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since when are players allowed to yell at the ref in anger and right up in there face "what's wrong with you?"
100%... why wasn't Teflon Smith penalised and sin binned for descent?

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Means nothing to us now but Vunivalu has been charged by match review committee with grade two charge.
Funny how they can see it but we dont even get so much as a penalty.
Another blinder by the refs.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The siren isn't the official end of the half or game.

Refs go by their watches.

The watches stop when there is stoppages in play etc.
So they got rid of the old official time keeper then? When? The refs have enough trouble officiating a game without having to figure out how to use their watch!

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah was a little annoyed with CHN handling... I get that one was an attempted tip on, but I think he had two cold drops. First one before he went off for HIA li think.

we played strong, but still plenty of improvement left. later in the year we could be anything.
It was frustrating. I wonder if his head knock in the first half had an impact?

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the penalty try was a penalty try, and i say that as someone who was blowing up about it thinking there was nothing wrong the first time i watched it. He wasn't going for the ball he was hitting chambers and he was a second too early otherwise there would have been no problem.