Last kick by Martin

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate it happens. Pressure has made great kickers in the past miss them from in front. Had he blatantly missed a tackle to allow a match winning try then you could have had a stronger argument in him throwing the game.

DublinDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm very concerned by Rhyse's last kick. He seemed to rush it a bit more than usual when he didn't need to. Better we tie up the game before worrying about extra time. Basically shows either he can't kick under pressure or he had a wager on the Storm ?
I'm a bit more concerned about you bud

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Happens.

Reynolds missed 4 that he'd get 9 times out of 10 this week too.

I'd be blaming our defence or lack of. We gifted them 12 points for stupidity...

Hopoate giving up 6 points was just dumb. Sure you are as slow as a truck but at least make the bloke kick the goal and not take a player out gifting a penalty try....

Then we have Elliot missing a 1 on 1 easy tackle gifting them another 6 points...
Easy tackle? You're very harsh

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very concerned by Rhyse's last kick. He seemed to rush it a bit more than usual when he didn't need to. Better we tie up the game before worrying about extra time. Basically shows either he can't kick under pressure or he had a wager on the Storm ?
You taking the piss? Or just pissed?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He did seem to have his balance and timing out before he kicked and it was on his less favoured side. Dude has won us games before and under fatigue of such an up tempo game played the whole 80. Low act to even suggest he had a wager. Give yourself an uppercut.

Reactions: DT

Malla

Reaction score
He played 80 minutes and he was really trying all game. The fact that it skewed right showed that he was off balance and this was due to fatigue. I don't think the pressure of the situation effected him at all.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
martin is only in the side for his kicking.. he aint that great otherwise

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has already been fined for taking too long last week with his kicks. A kicker has 100 seconds after the ref has stopped the clock once a try has been scored. A new rule introduced this year.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has already been fined for taking too long last week with his kicks. A kicker has 100 seconds after the ref has stopped the clock once a try has been scored. A new rule introduced this year.
Yeah, but if I'm a club I tell the kickers to ignore that and just treat it as an operating cost. The NRL only brought that in to appease naysayers. If the NRL were serious about speeding up the kickers, they'd make it that its automatically a no-goal if they take too long.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
There's a news article floating around that I can't find now saying that The club is waiting for a answer as to why the kick was taken where it was.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/08/graham-annesley-weekly-football-briefing--round-4/
Too bad the refs stuffed this one up (to add to the many 50/50 calls that didn't go our way), as agreed by Annesley;
Where taken 8. A kick at goal after a try may be taken from any point on an imaginary line drawn parallel to the touch line in the field of play and through the point where the try was awarded.

The 2nd ref got the location right but was then pulled closer to the sideline by the ref who awarded the try. Who knows whether 3 or 4 metres less angle might have resulted in a less difficult kick not being shanked.

Maybe I'm just still a bit pissed off at how we were treated in the whole game, but despite Annesley saying it was a simple mistake the fact is it looked so deliberate to me. One ref stood on the mark in line with where the try was scored and the other ref walked up the sideline. Normally they meet at the kicking point. No knocking of Martin here, he was simply following the mark from the refs as per the rules.

Go Dogs

Last edited:

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/04/08/graham-annesley-weekly-football-briefing--round-4/
Too bad the refs stuffed this one up (to add to the many 50/50 calls that didn't go our way), as agreed by Annesley;
Where taken 8. A kick at goal after a try may be taken from any point on an imaginary line drawn parallel to the touch line in the field of play and through the point where the try was awarded.

The 2nd ref got the location right but was then pulled closer to the sideline by the ref who awarded the try. Who knows whether 3 or 4 metres less angle might have resulted in a less difficult kick not being shanked.

Go Dogs
No-one will ever know but psychologically the closer to the posts you are the better your mind is and less of an angle. Shouldn't be happening and now good enough. This way say every week though regarding games and refs.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score

Intentional by referee cumguts Cummins.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding the last conversion. I was blowing up the try wasn't scored directly in the corner WTF is he kicking it on the side line? I also said to a mate at half time, the ref blew the whistle before the siren at half time and said to him the refs were controlling the result for a Storm win.

I also felt Munster milked that play the ball penalty brilliantly and the refs took the opportunity to penalise as they do when Dogs are playing.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cool story bro needs more dragons and shit